The Walking Dead

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
S03E13: the talking dad.

Fucking terrible.

E12 was interesting enough to watch, with no real consequences for the plot. This episode really was the low point of the series. Only way it could have been worse is with more singing by the campfire.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Every bit of hope that the episode with the doing the gun run gave me in terms of the writing and direction for this show was chased away back into the pit of suck with this weeks episode of "conversation (/w occasional zombies)"

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The interesting thing that some people point out in the comments is that the Governor is shown in one scene to have the bag that Rick gave to the nursing home folks, which implies it was the Governor's crew who murdered everyone.
So there is a somewhat clever tie-in with previous seasons and they completely edit that out. Sounds about right for the writing.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Would it have made the episode better or worse if the scientist started making out with Hershel's stump?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Would it have made the episode better or worse if the scientist started making out with Hershel's stump?
Way better. Hershel had guns stashed there, and if the guy DID look it would've at least sparked some violence.

Tenks

The other guys knew they had weapons. Remember when they drove up and Hershel had an AR pointed at their faces?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
They were all carrying weapons openly. They just went Babe Ruth style on the zombies to keep the noise down.

Tenks

They were all carrying weapons openly. They just went Babe Ruth style on the zombies to keep the noise down.
I laughed out loud when Martinez showed off his sweet baseball bat skills which prompted Darryl to ask if he was military. Yep he aced "Combat Baseball" in boot camp.

I'm aware he asked because he was a bad ass with nerves of steel

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Way better. Hershel had guns stashed there, and if the guy DID look it would've at least sparked some violence.
I didn't understand that whole shot of Hershel in the car, checking his handgun. If it was foreshadowing, I still would've disliked the shot because I feel it's so heavyhanded (just like people constantly checking their magazines in movies/tv to make sure the ammo they never used was still there), but at least it would've had a place. For him to just be strapping a handgun to his stump to conceal the fact that he's carrying makes no sense when they've got loads of fucking guns out in the open.

It's shit like that where I wonder what the hell the people who make this show are doing. It seems very unprofessional to have a dicked up product like that that you put out for such a large audience.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It makes sense if you think you might be taken hostage. You have to figure if they're going to do a shitty job searching anyone it will be the gimp.

Tenks

At first I was wondering how he was driving the car then I realized I'm the only person on the planet to never drive an automatic

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'd prefer 5 episodes of her trying to get pregnant, preferably with lax censorship standards.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Why are you guys freaking out so much about the latest episode? It set the tone for the finale; people realise they actually have a lot in common but will still fight each other if their leader gives the word. Andrea knows she's proper fucked, Glenn and Maggie get back together so that it will be more dramatic when Glenn dies in the upcoming battle.

Rick has hardly recovered from all the shit piled on him and now has to make the call wether or not he'll sacrifice someone for the greater good, even if this person has proven its worth. And the Gov, yeah he's not as batshit insane as he is in the comics. Instead he is a man who turned hard when he lost his wife and got pushed over the edge after Michonne killed his zombie daughter, ultimately killing off his last tie to his "normal" life before the zombie apocalypse.

I mean, there's a lot of dumb shit in this show and you could have trimmed some fat from this episode, no doubt. But you're all acting like social retards who freak out if there aren't heads rolling 24/7. Without an episode like this, it won't mean shit if people die because they're just random strangers killing zombies.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
WAnd the Gov, yeahhe's not as batshit insaneas he is in the comics. Instead he is a man who turned hard when he lost his wife and got pushed over the edge after Michonne killed his zombie daughter, ultimately killing off his last tie to his "normal" life before the zombie apocalypse.
lol yeah, cause I know tons of dudes who keep a wall of severed heads to gaze at while they chill in a lazy-boy.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, really, the Governor as portrayed in the show is not really all that batshit insane at all. You can explain away most of that shit. In the comics he crosses several lines. They are, maybe intentionally, making it really hard to see him as the "BADGUY!" that he is supposed to be.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Yeah, really, the Governor as portrayed in the show is not really all that batshit insane at all. You can explain away most of that shit. In the comics he crosses several lines. They are, maybe intentionally, making it really hard to see him as the "BADGUY!" that he is supposed to be.
Funny, I was just thinking the other day how much more interesting this season would have been if they portrayed the TV's Governor as a more sympathetic character and less like a stereotypical villain. I suppose it's a matter of perspective; although, most of his actions appear directed at maintaining his power. I'll admit that some of his actions appeared to help his people, but the gains they experienced appeared purely secondary in nature.