The Walking Dead

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Can someone briefly sum up how this season ended in the comics? I have to assume it was better than what I just watched.
basically
this would have been the comic that saw the governor, lori, and the newborn baby die. Governor's town attacks prison, all hell breaks loose and everyone evac's the prison and Lori gets shot in the process, except she's carrying the baby and the bullet goes through both of them. Governor gets killed by one of his own as I recall, in reaction to finally figuring out how evil he is. End result is full evac of the prison and our group is on the road again, headed for the next shimmering oasis."

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm about fed up with this show. They drag the story out so much, and it ends up being completely underwhelming. What bugs me the most is how they actually use commercial breaks to create cliffhangers, instead of just making an engaging show from beginning to end without gimmicks.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My thoughts on S4+ (very mild comic spoilers)

They will nix the Alexandria Free Zone storyline and just fold that into the prison. They don't bother with the character of Negan and basically make Governor = Negan.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
It is now clear to me that the more substance the show has to work with, the worse it is. When nothing happens, all we can really complain about is that nothing happened. But when stuff happens, we get a glimpse into the Downs Syndrome of the writing staff. Just a few bits:

Milton gets stabbed a million times, and Andrea just sits there chatting with him. There's no panic, no "HOLY FUCK THIS GUY IS ABOUT TO TURN INTO A ZOMBIE AND I AM HANDCUFFED TO A CHAIR," just chit-chatting. When he looks like he's dying, that doesn't speed her up. She instead tries the 5 year old "if I don't move, the monster won't see me" trick. Oh and how god damn hard is it to pick up pliers with your feet? For fucks sake. When she finally started getting it, I face-palmed even before it happened because I knew she was going to drop them in some dramatic "so close but oh shit they fell" like what happens in every terrible show/movie ever made ever. And um, can pliers actually break handcuffs? Seemed odd. She got the fuckers off fast once she had pliers with no cutting ability whatsoever in her hands.

Town assault: they have a fucking mounted gun that alone would overpower everyone in the prison with 1 guy. They roll in shooting grenades into the towers. Ok sweet. Prison people are fucked. Message accomplished. Then they go into a dark room all clumped up. OK, not a big deal. They aren't military so you can't expect perfection. Suddenly stun grenades or flashbangs or whatever the hell goes off and HELL YEA, EVERYONE'S ABOUT TO GET FUCKED UP. Oh wait we just have guys outside. We didn't want to use that great ambush except to force them outside where they were 4 minutes ago. But at least now they are caught off guard, and the prison people have far superior position and cover, aiming down with automatic weapons at a flood of people coming out of the door. Saweet, people are about to get fucked up. You could close your eyes and shoot and you would hit like 5 people. Somehow no one dies. No one dies. No one. Not a single person gets hit in any part of their body by a bullet. They then change back to physical form and run to the trucks, and I'm thinking "oh shit, this is about to get REAL YALL, HERE COMES THE MOUNTED GUN, GLENN AND MAGGIE ARE FUCKED, THOSE PLATES OF BULLSHIT METAL ARE GONNA GET SHREDDED. Instead the town folk run away. "I fight walkers, not people. I'm not going back there. Oh what's that, I knew we were going to the prison to kill a bunch of murderers when we went to the prison, ie the motherfucking reason we went? Oh yea, I just forgot that fact for this speech because I want the Guvna to have an excuse to massacre all of us."

Now fast forward toward the end. They find the survivor of Guvna's massacre, go to the town. We find out later they intended not to fight, after they heard what happened from the survivor. So they approach the gate guarded by token black male and female (black chick is fucking hot, btw, and also looks half asian), and instead of saying "yo, here's your member, let's talk," they return fire and nearly kill the token blacks before realizing "oh yea we didn't want to kill you guys, I forgot. Sorry." So they stop shooting and instead they put their hands up as a sign of non-aggression. This is good. Putting your hands up shows that you aren't reaching for a weapon. You have to put your hands down to get the weapon and then back up to actually use the weapon. It means that, if this person is trying to shoot you, you have lots of warning. This makes people feel safe. This is why "hands up" is good. There is one small problem with their execution: DARRYL HAS A MOTHERFUCKING AUTOMATIC WEAPON IN HIS HANDS. HE'S CARRYING THE FUCKING THING. "Oh it's cool, my hands are up, which means we aren't going to shoot you." Except if they were lying, as murderous people tend to do, they could have killed the blacks the second they opened the door with absolutely 0% chance of death.

I hate this show. It's beyond horrible. It's like every Paul Walker movie ever made distilled down into its pure essence of terrible and then that pure essence is somehow cloned and injected into each individual minute of this show. I wish I was Tiberius from Spartacus: War of the Damned so I could rape this show.

The one thing we can all celebrate, however, is hurray for Andrea's stupid face being dead.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Best thing about Season 4? All the people bitching about how they are done watching it will be back and bitching about the show all during season 4.

I don't care how Andrea dies, shes dead and that's good enough for me.

Oldbased

> Than U
Other than the schoolbus with armor( which was part of a wall in Woodbury wasn't it ALA Road Warrior style ) did they not grab any of the other damn trucks on the road including the jeep with the 50 cal?
What about all the weapons those people had? What about all the supplies in Woodbury? They could have cut out 3 shit episodes earlier on and gave us a much better season for sure. We had hours of shit and no story at all only to have it crammed at the end.

I've never said I was done with the show, but there has to be a lot more people who think this is all bullshit.
We need a walkingdeadsucks.com page.

Edit. I looked around at some blog pages for walking dead. A lot of pissed off people, not just on this forum.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I hate this show. It's beyond horrible. It's like every Paul Walker movie ever made distilled down into its pure essence of terrible and then that pure essence is somehow cloned and injected into each individual minute of this show. I wish I was Tiberius from Spartacus: War of the Damned so I could rape this show.

The one thing we can all celebrate, however, is hurray for Andrea's stupid face being dead.
Wtf dude, why you gotta drag Paul Walker into this? He actually did make one decent movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0404390/

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i would only come back to s4 if people say its miraculously awesome and only after the mid season finale is done. whats there to look forward to? more prison drama? now we get more whiners talking about how much life sucks intercut with more trivial zombie kills. who is next season's villain? the governor again? some new group he meets up with and tags along with? they had 16 fucking episodes to resolve the prison and the governor but apparently they jerked off so much they didnt do a goddamn thing to move the story along.

as to that "war" at the prison. those guys all rushed inside leaving their truck mounted weaponry behind unguarded. a less retarded person would have mounted those guns and cut down all those mofuckers as they ran out of the prison.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So much fail, so little time. Not gonna re-hash the shitty shit in this episode, looks like most of it was covered. Although, Iwouldlike to know where I can pick up some +5 Pliers of Handcuff Cutting.
biggrin.png

Just wanted to say I'm looking forward to watching"Dabamf: Raper of Shows". That would be fuckloads better than this show has ever been.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I'm cool with next season if every time Carl opens his mouth Rick backhands the fuck out of him. Seriously this little fuck needs to die already!!!!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I'm cool with next season if every time they meet someone new Carl shoots them in the face, then shoots Hershel for being a whiny bitch.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
S what, governor comes back next season? Maybe he puts together a new group and comes back as the guy who beats someone to death with a bat in the comics I forget his name.

Lame.

Season finales aren't suppose to have the only good part be the open.
Nice.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The prison assault was so laugh out loud funny. One flashbang goes off, they all scatter. Then we get to see 20+ armed people get chased off by two. The hilarity continued when the Gov. mows down his people except white guy (who's son ate it the previous episode and didn't seem that broken up over it) who still just stands there with a gun pointed at the Gov. only to be shot in the head. I agree with others, half the time you really have to question whether this show is supposed to be a comedy or not.

Andrea going down is the only redeeming thing that happened and of course they dragged that out till the very end. It wasn't even as good as when Merle went out the previous episode/Dale/Sophia.

I'll still watch S4 because half the fun is pointing out the ridiculousness of the writing every episode.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, as was evidenced by the swift retreat, the vast majority of the people aren't fighters...they're just soft civilians, not battle tested due to their time at Woodbury, who really wanted no part in the whole exercise. It was disappointing, but not really far fetched. The whole point with the guy with the gun from Tyrese's group showed 2 things: 1) He was a scared shit (remember the argument between Tyrese and the guy about an episode or so ago? It's inferred that that dude was afraid and Tyrese had to save that girl) 2) He was all talk (think back to the episode where he talks big about going after a kid+woman). Again, not totally out of the realm of possibility.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I kept seeing the "There will be 27 people killed" but I don't think I saw 27 die. Are we to assume the governor shot 24 of his own people during the drive away from the prison? It certainly didn't seem like he shot more than like 10 people; where were the others? Also, they hyped the episode so much and made it all about the showdown yet nothing at all happened. They also ramped up the commercials as it was like 5 minutes of minimal dialogue, blood and nothing......then a commercial. Pretty awful season finale, imo.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't think the prison fight wasthatbad. The flash bangs went off, the civilians panicked and ran. You could tell the Governor, Martinez and the other soldier types weren't looking to run, but the civilians hopped in the trucks and took off. I'm sure the Governor wanted to stay and fight, but he was probably not 100% sure what he was up against and his human shields had all run at that point; his hand was forced. The bad part was where he gunned them down and no one so much as shot back.

Taking all the former Woodbury residents to the prison is a bit of a head scratcher to me as well. Hey let's leave our nice walled in city for the beautiful confines of a prison where the existing residents have made no effort to create anything resembling creature comforts! My guess is they decided Woodbury was harder to defend based on the fact that they had infiltrated it earlier in the season. One can only assume the Governor is coming back next season, they probably want the more defensible position I suppose.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The governor blasting his own people was pretty hilarious. I'm not excited for another season like I am with Game of Thrones, but I'll definitely keep watching. It's worth it just for all the nitpicking in these threads after each episode!