The Walking Dead

Rhedd

Molten Core Raider
Something about the pig as well. The pig got sick and died. Swine flu, or as someone else said, contamination in the water.

Cybsled

Water doesn't make sense, though. We can assume the water supply is being shared, so if it was some waterborne illness, more people would be getting sick. Granted it was 1 episode, but I doubt it will be some water issue...esp since that is easy to counter (boil all water then use charcoal filters...yay,disease solved!).

Goatface

it is pretty clear they write the most of the walker scenes from "cool effect" backwards.
i think the only way walkers can be explained now is magic and doubt they will ever try to bring science back into it.

the disease will be on of the common animal to humans types, they were pretty heavy handed talking about darrel killing a rabbit and rick checking traps. the pig probably got it from eating food scraps. it seemed very dumb that wasn't even a throwaway line about getting hershel to check it out.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bad luck, nothing else is on tonight so looks like im still watching this shit. However im drinking and getting sleepy so maybe il miss it

Musab

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_47215.jpg

Juvarisx

Florida
Season so far in 2 episodes is 1000% more interesting then all the other content combined minus the pilot as silly as the roof was last week.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this episode is what i always imagined a zombie themed TV show should be. no doubt the cheapskates at AMC wont allow this awesomeness to continue, but if they can keep making more of these kinds of episodes (not last week's), it may redeem itself.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, was some decent "action" in this episode.

The major TWD moment for me, in this episode, was Michon(sp?) getting off her horse to battle the zombies behind her. Instead of using her +10 zombie-killing sword, she decides to wrestle them? Then gets hurt on a uhh...rope? Yeah, that scene was terrible.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
actually the zombie themed hyundai commercial during the breaks cracks me up. the hyundai owner is telling the one guy, i have this awesome hyundai and you have that.....

dude says, its a stick.

hyundai owner says, yeah, but its a really pointy stick.

then the show comes back on and they are fighting the fence zombies with pointy sticks.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'll be damned if this season hasn't been pretty damn good so far. I mean, it's only episode 2 or whatever but it's been such a drastic turn around that if we get another episode or 2 of this I may be pretty optimistic for what the rest of the season brings.

I like they actually are making the Walkers/Zombies dangerous and something to fear...you know, like they should have been from the very beginning. On top of that we got some pretty decent intrigue going on. Hopefully everything isn't ruined when the Governor shows back up and it doesn't revert to being shitty again.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
Big reveal in this episode, Rick decides to give up farming in the middle of the zombie apocalypse.

Now to nitpick:
If I lived in the TWD prison I would lock my door every night before I went to sleep, wouldnt you?

Why is it a big deal about teaching the kids to use weapons? Its been a theme through the entire show and makes zero sense to me. There are zombies walking around, most of the people on the planet are dead, hell yes little Johnny is going to learn to use a 9mm!

Back to the prison thing, they dont have a nightwatch? They dont count their numbers every night? They havent reinforced the fence untill now?

Seriously these people deserve to die.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the zombies dont seem to attack at night either. they just chill out and wait for the survivors to have a good night's sleep then when they wake up and notice them, they start attacking.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Now to nitpick:
If I lived in the TWD prison I would lock my door every night before I went to sleep, wouldnt you?

Why is it a big deal about teaching the kids to use weapons? Its been a theme through the entire show and makes zero sense to me. There are zombies walking around, most of the people on the planet are dead, hell yes little Johnny is going to learn to use a 9mm!
1. all ppl should be locked in a cell 1 or 2 each to protect themselves and each other, this way it contains contagion and keeps a zombie away while you sleep, but... dramatic effect. (even with this internal outbreak, they wont be doing this)

2. i think this is to go along with farmer rick storyline, everyone is walking on eggshells just letting rick be, cuz they all know he's been through a lot but have all realized, someone had to do it, and it was rick.

honestly thought they would drag out farmer rick for a few more eps, but one he done slaughtered his pigs, there's no going back, ha.

who was the bearded guy that got bit on the arm and neck? (was that axel) kinda not paying attention.

my predictions, (they are juxtaposing a lot of different stories around, it really feels like the writers just looked at issues 10-60 and wanted to stuff every storyline in there)

Cybsled

Ya, the dude that got munched was just some extra. That's gotta be a pretty shitty way to wake up...with your throat missing ;p

I'm guessing that the dude feeding rats to the walkers to make them gather at the fence was hidden in the death row section, which is why he killed Tyreese's GF and the other dude.