The Walking Dead

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
I didn't really understand the pig butchering. It really seems like there are about a thousand better ways to draw the walkers off the fence than crippling a pig and throwing it out of a truck. I thought he was going to just let the zombies chase the pigs around, zombies vs. a greased pig would have been amusing.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The pigs were gonna be killed anyway because of the disease. Rick crippled the pigs because I doubt the walkers would have chased after them with people right there on the fence. Also it's not like he had a ton of time to come up with something. That fence was about to go down.

Oldbased

> Than U
They were killing about 15 a minute at the fence and it appeared to be only about 50-60 zombies there. So why do the whole pig fiasco instead of just killing them for about 3 more minutes? I mean rick was smashing them every 4 seconds about.
Ya the fence was about to go down but at the rate they was stabbing them in the face it would have been over quick than going and getting a truck, trailor, loading up pigs, driving around and stuff surely.

Also that sneak peak. They said was 7500 zombies( some cgi of course) time to get the fuck away from that place already.

Bane_sl

shitlord
The pig bit made no sense to me either. Let's draw the Walkers 50ft away from the fence, then just let them go back. Good plan. And a new virus and sick pigs and he slits their thigh and sprays blood all over his face? Smart.

Ome

Trakanon Raider
I couldn't tell if Daryl was panicking over seeing all the zombies at the prison or if he just realized that he was in a car alone with three black people which must be a record or something.

As for the daughters I get the feeling they are going to take the place of the twins from the comics making Carl man up once again.

Goatface

love to see an itemized list of cgi costs.

season 1 had a budget around $3.4 mil while season 2 and 3 were around $2.8 mil per. read that this season could be back to $3mill. also season 1 got keep the 20 to 30% tax credit for filming in GA, loosing that was reportedly one of the reasons Darabont left

tvguide says that Andrew Lincoln makes $70,000 per show while another site says, Norman Reedus could be the highest paid at $80,000 per.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I couldn't tell if Daryl was panicking over seeing all the zombies at the prison or if he just realized that he was in a car alone with three black people which must be a record or something.

As for the daughters
this should be spoiled for regular viewers.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I've found the first two episodes to be pretty dull.. I can't wait for them to move on from the prison so it can go back to being interesting.

Then again they'll probably just make the mystery person actually be the governor "hue hue hue hue hue" trolling them, so i can just stop watching it all together. Fuck that boring storyline in its decomposing butthole~

edit: I have not watched that sneak peek. Perhaps i will after work lol

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You are the only person I know of that thought that of the first two episodes. If you aren't happy with the direction the series has took so far in these last two episodes then I don't know that you'll ever like this show.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I don't get how anyone in their situation didn't take make any extra effort to shore up their defenses, given the threat from not only zombies but other crazy people. They post ineffective guards and occasionally stab zombies through the fence and that's it? Don't brace the fence? No additional earthenworks or structures using the huge forests 100yds away? Set at least one person to continually walk around perimeter stabbing zombies? Work on a trench around the perimeter to let zombies fall into (could fire up those zombies) and prevent any vehicles from ramming through their fences? it's like they purposefully want to create situations in which their lives are in danger. They're in a friggin prison and they can't even do that right.

It might be nitpicking, but it seems as if they're more worried that teaching kids to kill zombies may damage their fragile minds than actually protecting themselves from the zombies in the first place.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Walkers are 30ft tall? poor analogy. I get what you're saying but if someone wasn't feeding them and trying to kill them from the inside the fences would work okay. Granted that's no excuse to not shore things up but they did put the gate on the front entrance so at least they did that. -shrug- I guess I worry more about the story being good instead of the fence.

Needless

Toe Sucker
You are the only person I know of that thought that of the first two episodes. If you aren't happy with the direction the series has took so far in these last two episodes then I don't know that you'll ever like this show.
I guess its more so the over done gore they've decided to focus on this season that has turned me off from it. That and the fact that they're still in the prison. Which is definitely going to change soon-ish heh