The Walking Dead

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yes, though an easier way to explain it is there are two viruses. (It makes sense you are confused if you weren't aware that everyone alive is already carrying theZombie Virus.)

Zombie Virus:The whole world has it. You die, you turn into one no matter if you were bit or not.

Super Flu(lack of a better term): A new virus/bug that has symptoms that kill you, victim dies with blood pouring out of their mouth, ears and eyes. (think small box or plague like)

SoSuper Flukills the person,Zombie Virusthen kicks in and the person turns into a Walker.

Walker still has theSuper Fluthat killed it and is identifiable by the blood that has poured out of its eyes, ears and mouth. If you go watch the first episode of this season one of the first things they show is Rick farming and noticing a Walker that fits that description outside the fence.

So when they were at the clinic they were being chased by Walkers that all had the blood pouring out of their face. They didn't want to fight them and take the chance of contracting the Super Flu. So when the guy asked, "Well how do you know the ones on the stairs aren't infected?" They were referring toSuper Flu, notZombie virus.

Does that make sense?
Lol thanks for the color coding. Its nice and seasonal. Yeah still not buying this superflu even though i fully understand why its supposed to be a thing. I also really dont understand why they never encountered it before since they are all living in the same area and it was never mentioned at the CDC

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Because it is a newly developed influenza virus. Just like the black plague killed 1/3 of the earth's population now that there is no cdc, etc there is nothing to stop this thing which mutated from a common flu to a killer flu. Things like the bird flu would pose an even more serious threat if it weren't for modern science.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Because it is a newly developed influenza virus. Just like the black plague killed 1/3 of the earth's population now that there is no cdc, etc there is nothing to stop this thing which mutated from a common flu to a killer flu. Things like the bird flu would pose an even more serious threat if it weren't for modern science.
This, hell even with modern meds once in awhile something will break out and kill a shit ton of people before it gets under control. There is nothing to keep shit in check anymore and a bird flu or a mutated virus of whatever would wreck major havoc on the world that's in the state it is in in the show.

It's not "hard to buy" because it's something that's happened to humanity for thousands of years. Hell the 1918 flu pandemic (Influenza) infected over 500,000,000 people and killed 50,000,000-100,000,000 people. (5% of the worlds population at the time). Saying you don't buy it could happen again is you being stubborn and refusing to relinquish your stance when you're wrong....which you do often. (Hello Naked and Afraid and countless other things)

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
Can you name me any other Zombie story that had the Zombie threat vanish on it's own due to decomposition?
World War Z, though there was something in the virus that made them last for 8 years. I'm guessing there is something similar in TWD just curious since Ive never read the comics.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So that abandoned hospital with the trapped superflu zombies was still in operation until fairly recent? Sorry if i missed that part.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So that abandoned hospital with the trapped superflu zombies was still in operation until fairly recent? Sorry if i missed that part.
Chuk, it wasn't a hospital. It was a veterinarian college. The cot that the army medic dude found the alcohol bottle on also kind of showed that people were probably living there for a bit. Also, if the virus jumped from animals to humans, that place could have conceivably been the origin site, especially if people decided to use the animals for food and there was already a sick animal there (plausible, since it is a school for teaching people how to be animal doctors).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ok. Shows how much attention i pay. I do start off paying attention then melodrama happens and my eyes glaze over and just surf the web til a zombie scene .

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Maybe he'll let everyone assume she's dead so a really big OMGZ moment can happen later. I mean, RICK wouldn't do that after all the talk of trust and honesty and shit (since he's not simply crazy anymore), but that doesn't mean the show's writers wouldn't. I could see the writers sacrificing what would be good ongoing tension between Daryl and Rick from the truth, in favor of one big melodramatic OMG SHE'S STILL ALIVE scene from Daryl down the road (that is much easier to tease in promos). I mean, we'd get a emo shot of Daryl not crying thinking she was dead, and then him not crying when he realized she was still alive. Gotta remember they're trying to sell a show, not write a good story.
Did you not watch last season? When Carol was missing and everyone (except Daryl, I think) thought she was dead? When the black redshirt died.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Carol will probably show up later either as the governor's right hand or the surprise cavalry to save the day from the governor's inevitable return/retribution that Andrea was in the comics.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
I would really like Rick to either become a leader again or die. I'm getting really tired of this constant look of his with his constantly wrinkly forehead
39BDKJe.jpg

Ome

Trakanon Raider
As much as Rick has helped the group he has also done plenty to screw them up as well. His decision to boot Carol was pretty shocking considering all the shit he has pulled and will continue to pull if it involves him and his. I would be pretty pissed if I was one of the original crew and learned what he did to Carol to the point of being done with Rick and his hypocritical and bi polar form of running things.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She killed two members of the group, in cold blood. He had a revolt on his hands (not just from Tyreese) if he didn't take action. Even when you take morality out of it, he made the easy decision, regardless of whether it was the right one or not.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
(from a tv perspective) what's the harm in keeping carol? heck normal society rules go away in zombieville, and she just killed tyreeses girlfriend and some guy(really i don't know who he was). i mean tyreese is getting all emo over a girlfriend of a few months, look at beth, she just shrugged it off and probably gonna get a new boy toy.
yea it'd be way more meaningful if it was his sister that got axe'd but then, that's taking from the comicbook
I mean in this show, the only non blood related relationship that even has any feeling is glenn + maggie, it's the only one they even tried to build up.

rick has kept secrets, he kept it a secret that he knew shane was banging his wife, a secret that the baby isn't his, rick can keep his mouth shut. And rick has done morally ambiguous things, he's killed his bestest friend shane, rick even killed tomas, cuz he basically wanted his prison house.

an og member like carol taking precaution like killing two noobs, isn't so bad.
pretty sure it wasn't even her anyway
and you know what? the og crew would be like... makes sense, sorry tyreese go find another girl, you're pretty much a stud anyway.

the thing is, tv tyreese is just so shitty, you don't care. and actually tv tyreese looks more badass than comic tyreese, he really looks like bad enough that he could just put his head down and plow through an entire group of walkers.

but they've just shittied tv tyreese

otherwise carol is a long surviving and trusted OG member that is basically the matriarch of the prison, i mean wtf, he's basically casting away everyone's mother.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
well mom just bbq'd two of her kids and ear-stabbed another without talking to dad first