The Walking Dead

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I knew they weren't going to live, but I was actually looking forward to the new couple to be around for awhile because they were far more interesting than anyone else right now.

Sucks when your best characters are 15-min throwaways.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Funny how Daryle is constantly busting Michone's balls for leaving the group now, when just a few months ago he was the one leaving the group. One more reason, on a mountain of reasons, why the writing on this show is some of the worst in the history of television.

I mean, if they wanted to bring Daryle and Michone closer together, they could have had a scene where he says,"I know what you are going through... I went through the same thing myself. You know what I came to realize though? My family is right here, with this group. This is where I am supposed to be now. This group is our family now, and this is where you are supposed to be now."

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Her leg was severed by the zombies. I could be wrong, but I think that scene was meant to cement Rick's decision to banish Carol since she was the one who proposed that the survivors sweep the neighborhood.
Yes. Im not disputing that. And yues her leg was "severed" by the zombies.

Was just funny seeing a perfectly amputated leg, with little to no blood spatter on it, nice and clean, sitting 50 yards away from a pile of guts being eaten by Walkers.

Also I for one am SUPER thrilled that the stupid fucking Hippie chick, and the Guy with ADHD from Accepted didnt make it out alive. That guys sounded like a Real Life Version of Jeff From American Dad.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Go watch again, when they were caught between the walkers behind the stairwell door and the walkers coming down the hall they mentioned just killing the ones coming down the hall. the alcoholic said no, because they are infected and they can't take the chance of getting the blood in their mouths and what not. It was then asked, "How do you know the others ones AREN'T infected?!" to which he said they don't but they'd have to take that chance. That's why they took the stairs, they didn't want to fight the infected zombies and took the chance that the ones on the stairs weren't infected.

If you're going to be angry at the show then pay attention and be angry for the right reasons.
wink.png
to ask which zombies are infected doesnt irritate you in the least? which ZOMBIES are infected? do you not realize what that statement says?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
to ask which zombies are infected doesnt irritate you in the least? which ZOMBIES are infected? do you not realize what that statement says?
Infected with the Flu. The Zombies coming from behind them all had the bloody faces, indicating the flue killed them and therefore by coming in contact with them they could be exposed to the flu.

Going back, the first two to get Infected, Karen and David, were killing Zombies at the fence with the bloody faces, so that seems like a way that its been spreading.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You've been watching this season right? Where there are some walkers that are openly carrying the flu infection that is currently systematically killing off the prison one by one right?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
all zombies are infected, thats why they are zombies, you cant be more infected than another zombie and you cant catch anything because your internal organs dont work anymore. the idea of a zombie with a fucking flu, paints my ass red.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Astro, go back to watching The Following because apparently even The Walking Deads shitty plot devices are too complicated for you to follow.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol, no im not going back to that show. you cant banish me just because i question the idea of a zombie catching a cold.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
The writers aren't asking you to believe a zombie caught a cold. A person got the flu and died. That is why some zombies had the bloody eye thing going on and others do not.

Goatface

problem is, they are making it the new zombie flu. as lots and lots of people had to die of the flu and other diseases before this while just looking like every other walker.

Cybsled

Whatever the sickness is (viral or bacterial), it apparently can survive on a corpse. Astro, the people died of the mystery disease, became zombies (which is caused by a dif virus we imagine), and their zombie corpses still have the mystery sickness in them/on them.

There's a reason people always burned diseased corpses throughout history: to prevent further spread. I mean heck, IRL they dug up the corpse of some soldier who died from the 1918 flu and were able to find the virus remnants in him still. That was a flu that killed millions.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so if a zombie didnt catch a cold, then they must be implying that there was a flu going around separate of the zombie virus that people caught and died from and then turned into zombies because they also had the zombie flu? come on, this is just ridiculous even for a show about zombies.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You realize that there are Flus that go around that kill people all the time right? And bitten or not, when people die, flu or no flu they come back as walkers right?

It's not a hard concept and dead shit can still carry contagious disease which again is not a hard concept.

*Super Flu's symptoms kill person

*Dead person turns into a Walker as all people who die turn into them, even without being bitten.

*Walker now has whatever virus it has that turns people into Walkers as well as being a carrier for Super Flu which can be transferred through air and ingestion.

So people can still kill them as normal but now run the chance of catching the flu who's symptoms killed that person while alive before they turned into a Walker.

What the hell is so hard to understand about this. Dead shit transferes diseases to the living daily and has done so throughout all of history. It's the main reason they burned corpses that had plague.

Cybsled

Chuk there is no zombie flu. There is the zombie virus that turns people into zombies when they die (which appears to be non-fatal unto itself) and there is the "flu" that people are getting and dying from.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh ok then, so the zombies are spreading the flu becuase they died from the flu and are still walking around and the live people are catching the flu and dying and becoming zombies that still look like they have that flu?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yes, though an easier way to explain it is there are two viruses. (It makes sense you are confused if you weren't aware that everyone alive is already carrying theZombie Virus.)

Zombie Virus:The whole world has it. You die, you turn into one no matter if you were bit or not.

Super Flu(lack of a better term): A new virus/bug that has symptoms that kill you, victim dies with blood pouring out of their mouth, ears and eyes. (think small box or plague like)

SoSuper Flukills the person,Zombie Virusthen kicks in and the person turns into a Walker.

Walker still has theSuper Fluthat killed it and is identifiable by the blood that has poured out of its eyes, ears and mouth. If you go watch the first episode of this season one of the first things they show is Rick farming and noticing a Walker that fits that description outside the fence.

So when they were at the clinic they were being chased by Walkers that all had the blood pouring out of their face. They didn't want to fight them and take the chance of contracting the Super Flu. So when the guy asked, "Well how do you know the ones on the stairs aren't infected?" They were referring toSuper Flu, notZombie virus.

Does that make sense?

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
The flu thing is stupid. Thyphus, septic, cholera, something bacterial should have destroyed this group long ago but whatever. What I want to know is its been a year and 1/2? Why are there still zombies walking around in hot humid Georgia. Is there something in the comics that explains why the decomposition has slowed?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
At this point in the comics the story entirely revolves around the internal struggles within groups and the conflicts between groups. The zombies haven't been the driving force of the plot since forever. The show really fucked up the Prison/Governor arc and now I have no idea what they are even doing.