The Walking Dead

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Raaaagggeeee!!!! It's not difficult:

-Glenn gets pwned by Merle. Maggie has to listen to this. She is freaked out.
-Gov figures out Maggie's weakness is Glenn. Note that he didn't threaten her in order to remove her clothes, he threatened Glenn. When she doesn't react to the possible rape (at least not in the way the Gov wants), he realizes Glenn is the key.
-Maggie brought in half-naked. Glenn thinks she was raped. Even though she indicates they didn't do anything, he may either think she is lying (trust issues) or she was still violated in some fashion, which ties in with a victim/protector insecurity
-Glenn is the good soldier and won'y give up group. Gov has figured out Glenn is Maggie's weakness and uses that vs her, which causes her to give up group. While she did it out of love, Glenn on some level realizes this is also a betrayal...not just to the group, but also to him (since he was tortured for the same info). However, he loves Maggie, so anger manifests as him thinking she must have gone through much worse than him (relatively) and probably just plain anger as well. This also reinforces the protector insecurities he is feeling

Basically, Glenn is primarily blaming himself and passive-aggressively blaming Maggie for everything that happened.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Considering it is not his baby and only represents how shitty the world is now I'd use that baby as some zombie veal the first chance I could. First thing I told my GF with the baby is I'd strap it to my belt like a grenade and if shit got bad just rip the baby off my belt and chuck it as a zombie lure.
DAFUQ?

nuday

Golden Squire
Did you guys even read the comic?
Do you even lift, bro?

I had actually forgotten that was in the comic. I really hate pretty much every thing they're doing with Michonne in the show, though, so I'm happy they switched it up a bit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Michonne has been a big letdown. Basically because she talks so little everyone else orders her around and it makes her look weak

supertouch_sl

shitlord
i wasn't bothered by the show before the break, but i found myself really annoyed with this episode and started hating the show. the superhuman accuracy of every character, the insufferable andrea, and rick's theatrics just really started to bug me.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
I wish the the controversy of this show was based on its content, not its execution. For me, it's the erratic characters and the writing/direction that really hampers the presentation of this zombie melodrama. I just watch this show purely for it's frustration and water cooler value.

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Finally got around to watching this, and overall, meh. At first I couldn't figure out why it was 'meh', as the plot holes and writing/characters haven't bugged me at all.... Then I realized why this season as a whole has been pretty meh. The zombies aren't scary anymore. They are there to take out characters when new ones are introduced, and other than that, they are props in the background. Everyone has perfect aim if they get too close. The jail is too safe. Woodbury is too safe. Whenever you see scenes in these places, the tension of random_zombie_01 jumping out is nill. Season 2 was similar, but they spent a lot of the episodes outside the farm. But in season 3, even when they are outside, no one is afraid of the zombies. Take the scene in the last ep where Rick Maggie and Glenn are out on the road yelling at each other. Yes, yelling, in the zombie infested woods. You even see zombies moving towards them, probably 100 yards away, and no one seems to care, get alarmed, or say anything acknowledging them that maybe they should hurry up. Meh.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
the zombies never really were scary. all they do is shuffle aimlessly about. i'm frankly surprised anyone has been killed by them in the open. the writers do attempt to make them scarier by having large groups of them appear out of nowhere and surround survivors. i just laugh at those parts.

the show is really about the human condition and restoring civilization anyway.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The comic establishes fairly quickly that zombies are a manageable threat and the real danger is other people.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It certainly keeps people talking about ot. Question for people who read the comics, do we ever see an established government run facility and is the zombie outbreak ever get explained or cured? Im starting to think woodbury is a govt facility.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It certainly keeps people talking about ot. Question for people who read the comics, do we ever see an established government run facility and is the zombie outbreak ever get explained or cured? Im starting to think woodbury is a govt facility.
They make their way to Washington, DC area eventually, but nada on established government facilities. No explanation or cure.

Oldbased

> Than U
If they had 100 bullets they can snipe 100 walkers.
If they have 2000 bullets apparently they could only hit one person.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Yah i called the Walker Bomb in our home, as soon saw the truck going to hit the fucking main Gate lol.

Then they pan back to the Crazy ass Governor who has this Big Crazy as grin on his face, then back to Truck driveing thru the Gate then coming to stop.

I was like watch, fucking backdoor of the Truck is going to drop like the Beaches of Normandy on D-day and walkers are going to pile out.

Fucking epic.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I don't get it. The Governors people can surprise, snipe and kill a group of Army special forces in a matter of seconds but this time around can only manage to kill a hillbilly prisoner in 4 minutes of shooting?