The Walking Dead

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
show sucked. Merle/Michone/Karl/Daryl spin off plz.
I'd prefer it if they just wiped the slate totally clean but that would be nearly impossible at this point considering how pathetic the zombies are as a threat, what with their jello like skulls and baby like gaits. Maybe the Gov could have his scientist minion cook up a batch of poison gas and things could go horribly wrong for both sides, meh its a slim hope.

A fresh setting and a new cast would be nice at any rate.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Fresh cast and change of scenery would be really nice but then it would be venturing into World War Z territory and that ship has already sailed

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a big country. If any show could jump ship to an entirely new cast/setting it would be Walking Dead.

Not that they would, it's still a hit and an absolute cash cow for them. Just saying creatively they actually COULD pull it off.

Cybsled

Creatively, sure. But shows tend to not have a very good track record ratings wise when they suffer massive cast purges.

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Its amazing how many location changes they made in just 6 episodes of season 1
I was actually amazed to look back and see that S1 only had 6 episodes. And those 6 episodes felt like a much longer season than S2 and definitely S3. Multiple location changes without a 'home base' would help this show immensely and keep things 'moving'... no pun intended.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was actually amazed to look back and see that S1 only had 6 episodes. And those 6 episodes felt like a much longer season than S2 and definitely S3. Multiple location changes without a 'home base' would help this show immensely and keep things 'moving'... no pun intended.
Yeah, this happened to me when a friend started watching it from the beginning last week. I was trying not to spoil stuff for him, and he's saying shit like, "That already happened in the second episode." I could have sworn the first season took much longer than it really did. Ah, nostalgia.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it makes sense in an evolution that rick's group would want to find one spot to settle in, but that shit is fucking boring for the viewer. its gotten very monotonous, they find a new spot. clear zombies. protect it from outside parties and then get overun by zombies at the end so they have to find another spot. been there done that shit. but its much more dynamic to find new and interesting places every week. thats why 2 episodes ago was such a breath of fresh air. the show felt like they were doing something instead of sitting on their asses trading pointless drama. thats why one of my favorite TV shows of all time was the Incredible Hulk with Bill Bixby during the 70s and 80s. every week that mofo had to go from town to town while he was working on a cure and the reporter Mchee was up his ass at every turn so he had to leave town even though he made good friends. it would be fucking dull if he stayed in one of those places all season. same deal with walking dead. every episode is the goddamned same. cept 2 episodes ago which was awesome.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Creatively, sure. But shows tend to not have a very good track record ratings wise when they suffer massive cast purges.
I don't think it would be that big of a deal. People watch the show because audiences love end of the world shit and zombies. If any show was perfect for rebooting anytime they wanted it would be this one.

Fadaar

That guy
It's a big country. If any show could jump ship to an entirely new cast/setting it would be Walking Dead.

Not that they would, it's still a hit and an absolute cash cow for them. Just saying creatively they actually COULD pull it off.
I honestly have been wondering why they haven't done this. There's enough big cities packed close enough together in the southeast that they could tie shit in together pretty easily. Best place to start would be Charlotte, NC.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This show should be like The Wire--first season is the initial cast and crew, but each new Season develops a new cast, which then interacts and collides with the original.

panda_assassin

Molten Core Raider
To anyone who has read the comics is Andrea the same as in the TV show? I know tv/the walking dead in particular sucks at writing female characters, but I don't think there is ever someone as badly written/unsympathetic that I just want to die and be out of the picture and would make the show would improve by leaps and bounds.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
She's a bit annoying in the comics, but a much better character overall - they went way off the rails with her for the TV show.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Comics spoilers

She shacks up with Dale and Dale lives a long while after the prison. She's also pretty much the best marksman in the story and doesn't pork the governor.

Goatface

so most of you want a new cast in a new location with different zombies on another network.

this show has so many issues you can not point to a single person to blame.
anyway.
from what i remember from the rumor mill, wanting to do stories that didn't involve the main cast was one of Darabont's main issues and Mazzara wanted to kill off some of major players (Daryl).

Cybsled

Killing off a popular character is a ballsy move and carries great risk, which is why most shows tend to wait until a final season to do it. Would you still like Breaking Bad as much if they killed Jesse a season or two ago?

Sure, it makes a big "wtf" moment, but after the smoke clears, you need to make sure you still have a viable product.

Tenks

Lol make it like CSI. TWD: Georgia. TWD: Nevada. TWD: New York. TWD: New York 2.

Tenks

She's a bit annoying in the comics, but a much better character overall - they went way off the rails with her for the TV show.
She isn't really annoying at all. I think in the comics I'd almost say she's the "stronger" character than the "protectors" like Rick and Michonne.

CB spoilers
Like when they were in the Community and she either just started shacking up with Rick or just before it. Rick and Michonne are still holding the past by talking to Lori on the phone or Michonne talking to her boyfriend. Andrea says something to Dale's hat then just tosses it down saying "I'm not talking to a fucking hat." She's also never afraid to join a fight and is a sniper from the towers who has protected the group during the Prison offensive and a few times during the Community arc. She's a pretty good character if you ask me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Michonne isnt gay? the TV show heavily implies that she is, even going so far as to risk her life retrieving a "rainbow" colored cat. and of course her attraction to andrea.