The Walking Dead

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Them killing off Travis was a good step to recovery of FotD last year but they got some more to go, like nearly everyone before it has a hope of recovery.
I liked Alycia Carey(Alicia) from The 100 more but she is fairly easy on the eyes.
I think the producers do too. I've noticed they don't show shots of the rear much in TV but every episode you get to see her ass in jeans 10 times an episode.
Why I pick up on such things, I'll never know.

I'm only on the 3rd episode of season 2 lol. Careful with the spoilers, although I'm not surprised by that, as I can kind of tell who is getting the axe of the commercials for this next season.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya, with Fear I couldn't find myself really giving a shit about any of the characters. Nick was semi interesting, but everyone was fairly bland for the most part. Plus the premise wasn't too different from TWD eventually, so it felt like sort of a retread. At least with the Star Treks and Stargates, you tried to have a different setup for the spinoffs. FTWD started sorta different, then quickly became the same (but in a dif locale).

That was my other reason for not continuing. I felt like it was TWD: LA, like CSI: LA and all the other crime shows that do the same thing. The reason I'm doing it now, is because I am not a fan of what TWD turned into since then, and it feels like Fear is kind of keeping that formula of them kind of wandering from place to place intact. I don't know but if they are close enough for Morgan to join them, they sure as shit are no longer in California/Mexico.

Oldbased

> Than U
That was my other reason for not continuing. I felt like it was TWD: LA, like CSI: LA and all the other crime shows that do the same thing. The reason I'm doing it now, is because I am not a fan of what TWD turned into since then, and it feels like Fear is kind of keeping that formula of them kind of wandering from place to place intact. I don't know but if they are close enough for Morgan to join them, they sure as shit are no longer in California/Mexico.
I'm curious too. Morgan was MIA for about a year between Atlanta and when he joined up in Alexandria. I don't think Fear is 2 years into the zombie disaster yet but it is possible it has a large time jump. We really won't know until next week when we can see the finale of one and start of the other.

I do think next week will be interesting for TWD as a lot of the story arcs wrap up and they set in a new direction of the show. I would dig out spoilers for both but I deactivated the last of my Facebook accounts.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
With that season wrapped up, I can safely say that my interest in the show is wrapped up too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Daryl seemed missing from most of the season. Even when he was on screen, he wasn't.
Rick sparing Negan is comics
I wouldn't say it is the worst season of TWD but there was plenty of shit to trigger me. The most triggering thing of the finale/Fear and Talking Dead is keep seeing commercials for Lost in Space coming soon on Netflix when I have already watched the entire season.

Pimple says new show runner, new world, new issues and show completely different next year. I guess I'll see, probably alone at this point.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Yea the entire season was a waste of time. Saviors have been defeated! Oh no just kidding they are still here. Negans dead now for sure! Oh no he isn't he made it through. Saviors definitely all lost now. Oh no just kidding. Rinse repeat every episode, just to culminate in this non-ending where nothing happened. Oh but Rick gave a Carl speech, everyone be happy together.

Gabriel's story line this season seemed to hit a dead end, and he is still in the same place as last season. Went nowhere. Daryl didn't even have a story. I feel they skipped an entire episode of Aaron recruiting the women tribe, that just...happened I guess because he made a delirious 30 second speech in the rain.

There were a lot of cool battle scenes, but they resulted in a nothing. Really the season could have been a 1.5 hour single episode...they somehow managed to stretch this to 16 episodes.

Last edited:

Goatface

while i didn't have much hope, that had to be the most disappointing "final battles" of all time.

was looking deaths on the wiki, before this show
360+ saviors
90+ from the 3 groups
130+ trash people

maybe 10 of those really mattered, was just too much fodder and filler

anyway, glad it is over.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The finale was a complete let down, not because of how things played out, but because they took 40 episodes to tell a story that easily could have been done in less than 20. By the time last night came, the audience was already spent. When you have already had umpteen million fire fights already, what's another one? You've already had umpteen million face to face confrontations between Negan and Rick, what's another one? Everyone was so watered down by last night, that the only "oh shit" moment for me was when it looked like they were killing Negan. All I knew from the comics is that he is spared, so I did not realize they were following it with the slit throat (not sure how that is even humanly possible without the power of a fully equipped hospital behind whoever is doing the healing but whatever).

They had spread this thing way too thin, so the payoff was extremely anticlimactic. That and the fact that the writers have made every character bi polar and schizophrenic. Jesus is all about saving everyone until he's not and fuck Rick we need to kill Negan. Darryl let's Dwight go, and then 180's back to fuck them as well? Morgan is back to scared Morgan after two laps around the I'm crazy, I'm all about life track. Here is hoping that whoever takes over the helm is A: allowed to take it over completely and keep Gimple's dumb ass hands out of it and B: that they can salvage something interesting from this train wreck. Time skip it, kill everyone off but a select few, I don't care, but please tighten the narrative and not allow things to drag out so long. However, that would also take AMC to not try to focus on only 4 episodes each season too, so my hopes aren't too high.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not knowing the comics, I'm not even sure where they go from here? Is there even another threat or are we back onto the zombies being the real threar? (Giant herd)

Cybsled

Ya, in the comics they basically have more human threats post-saviors, in addition to zombie threats (mega herd). I have a feeling the show is going to pull from various storylines, because they have introduced some elements that would primarily tie into much much later storylines (the woman that gave them the schematics and the helicopter).

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Jesus this show is just terrible and after 8 seasons I'm too far invested in it to stop watching. Fuck.

So after waiting for like 4 years of Negan, we finally get to the payoff episode and the payoff is a pile of shit. They spent way too much time on bullshit like Morgan (hyping him for Fear TWD?), Gabriel, and CURL!!, and tacked on the showdown with the Saviors as an afterthought. The only good filler scene was the banter between Ezekiel and his guard buddy.

Even the showdown was stupid how it went down, so we're to believe every single Savior is using this new batch of sabotaged ammo, I guess all their guns were empty when this batch was made? Just a couple episodes ago Eugene was busting Gabriels balls in front of the other employees for making faulty ammo, but somehow he got said employees to make an entire batch of shit that doesn't work? Evil Maggie was fucking terrible and cringeworthy. I could go on but I'm just rolling around in the shit at this point.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Interested in the "mega herds" but other than that this show is definitely going downhill fast - hell it actually has been since the Gov was killed off. Negan is my favorite character and cracks me up. I would rather just see Negan take over and start rampaging through the countryside in pure evil hilarity. Guarantee you next year will be "Talk, to talk, to talk... hey lets talk.... want to talk? Nah we talked about it. No wait, there is more to talk about" - and really poorly written inter-character debates which do absolutely nothing to grow the characters anyway.

This show has some of the worst character dialogue in anything I have ever watched. Negan was hilarious. And that's about it. I am not invested in any other character plot lines - because they have either been so poorly written and acted I just rolled my eyes the entire time they were on the screen, or the banter between them talking about absolutely nothing really engaging just had me turn off the show or fast forward to some action somewhere as I was bored to tears.

Goatface

Live+Same Day 3.4 rating in adults 18-49 and 7.9 million viewers.
up 21.35% in the demo and 18.77% in total viewers versus last week.
2nd lowest rated finale after Season 1

Season 8's avg (3.39 demo and 7.817m total) finishes down 37.11% in the 18-49 demo and 31.12% in total viewers from S7

so from the series high of S5's avg (7.36 and 14.38), show has lost 6.57 million total viewers and 3.97 in the demo

don't see how anyone there still has job

• 1Like

Goatface

don't think has been much shake up on the show
Darabont s1 - S2.5
Mazzara s2.5 -s3
Gimple S4-s8 (promoted to Chief Content Officer)
Kang s9 (producer/writer s2-s8)

Kang co-wrote the season finale, so don't see her bringing any epic changes

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah this show has no hope if she wrote the finale. Holy shit.

In other news, we finished season 3 of Fear last night, and holy god it's like night and day to walking dead. Yeah, they share some of the same tropes: primarily the horrible decision making, but the pacing is on the other extreme end of the spectrum. Where TWD floundered for 2 full seasons on one guy, at the same time Fear was going through SIX. They don't even give you time to breath, it goes so fast. However, at the same time every single one of the factions/characters leading the factions are interesting and are actually more cool than the main characters of the show. It's almost a shame that you can completely tell that some of these characters will not be coming back (cool pick axe girl Alicia met up with). It does keep things fresh, and after slogging through 2 years of Negan, it's a breath of fresh air. The only issue that I have, is the main cast are Negan lol. They aren't bad per se (Madison is objectively a bad actress though), they are just assholes in an asshole world and don't even try to be good. Which is compelling, but they are hard to cheer for sometimes.