The Walking Dead

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
The numbers are in for the premiere... 6.1M viewers, down 47% from Season 8's premiere. Almost half their viewership said sayonara to the show. RIP TWD~

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The numbers are in for the premiere... 6.1M viewers, down 47% from Season 8's premiere. Almost half their viewership said sayonara to the show. RIP TWD~
thats still a decent sized audience. if they can average a few million through the season . its enough to keep it going for another season. but when Rick has his last episode though i expect the numbers to really collapse. if the season ends with practically nobody watching, i still think they will give it another season. this is the flagship program of the network. they already talked about how this show is going to keep going for years to come. they will retool the show and streamline it before they just cut it loose.

Goatface

with most of the cast that cost money most likely gone by the end of this season or next
wonder how low it would have to go before ending it.

at 6.1mil and 2.5 in the demo, is still double the ratings of FTWD (which i think is ending next season) and 4x of better call saul

Last season, the drop from 8-1 to 8-2 was around 20%, a drop to 5mil or less would be crazy

still biggest show on cable and #2 in the 18-49 demo for scripted shows, but as for live viewers overall
has dropped from top 3 to 20th

Cybsled

I have two episodes rotting (hehe) on my DVR and haven't bothered to watch yet. I read some recaps to keep up on the story, but yeah...

The concept just feels tired at this point, the writing has been derp, and they've murdered most of their good story lines.

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finally got to the premiere...I made it until I see them wheeling a wagon down the steps into a glass floor.

Done, fuck this shit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What made me laugh about that glass floor was all I could think was how unreal that is. Imagine having an exhibit down below with a glass ceiling looking up at people walking above. Imagine women with skirts. Not realistic and it's all I could think about.

My wife said it's her last season. Thank God .

Goatface

Rating up 1%
1.95 Demo
5.095 Total

certainly no build up for the "end" of Rick

plus this has to be their most expensive season
Lincoln reportedly earning $11 million (Forbes)
Reedus getting $1 million per show (Variety)

Goatface

so finale binged the 1st 4
the writing is just as retarded as ever
apparently everyone just forgot about winches and come-alongs
seriously don't think there was a single scene that didn't have something stupid in it.

timeline says 3 years, 3 months now, and this is like the 5th time seen them planting and harvesting crops
don't know where they go/trade with in the comics, but about 30 miles north of where they are supposed to be
is one of the largest greenhouse complexes in the country
2 more huge ones to the south of them.

just 11 reviews, but this season has 98% on RT with 80% of crowd liking it .....

guess spoilers have been out for a while, just not cared enough to look
Rick doesn't die, he gets taken away by the Helicopter. E6 will pick up 6 years after he goes missing, with the whispers

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I finally got to the premiere...I made it until I see them wheeling a wagon down the steps into a glass floor.

Done, fuck this shit.

You mean the floor that was engineered to hold thousands and thousands of pounds of people, but one stupid wagon cracks it to shit? And of course there is zombies beneath it. For me, the show went to shit that time they were all on a roof of a mall or something, and the roof collapsed and they fell in and there were zombies everywhere. Just shit!!

This show is SHIT. Every episode is the same shit. Primary character gets in stupid situation that almost kills them, they are fine. Tertiary character gets in stupid situation and dies. And now the whole camp are all organization / military geniuses. I watch it out of a weird feeling of obligation, but it is shit. It's pure shit now.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
so finale binged the 1st 4
the writing is just as retarded as ever
apparently everyone just forgot about winches and come-alongs
seriously don't think there was a single scene that didn't have something stupid in it.

timeline says 3 years, 3 months now, and this is like the 5th time seen them planting and harvesting crops
don't know where they go/trade with in the comics, but about 30 miles north of where they are supposed to be
is one of the largest greenhouse complexes in the country
2 more huge ones to the south of them.

just 11 reviews, but this season has 98% on RT with 80% of crowd liking it .....

guess spoilers have been out for a while, just not cared enough to look
Rick doesn't die, he gets taken away by the Helicopter. E6 will pick up 6 years after he goes missing, with the whispers

Is your spoiler accurate? What is the helicopter? (my question isn't a spoiler, the trash lady saw it)

Goatface

Is your spoiler accurate? What is the helicopter? (my question isn't a spoiler, the trash lady saw it)

the spoiler came from Spoiling Dead Fans, which have not been wrong (don't think), but they have updated it
they are not 100% sure he is alive or dead when the helicopter takes him away, seems going to be a mystery

helicopter is in the opening credits too this season
based on the comics
Commonwealth, a group of 50k people in Ohio. based on current progression they shouldn't show up till at least season 11.5 or 12

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You can only assume Rick's fate really.

As much as I hate this show, I gotta give Andrew Lincoln some props on playing rick

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

'Walking Dead' Expansion Plans Revealed: Andrew Lincoln to Lead 3 AMC Movies
The actor, who officially departed the flagship series Sunday, will reprise his role as Rick Grimes in a trio of big-budget, feature-length movies that will air on the basic cable network as content chief officer Scott M. Gimple talks with The Hollywood Reporter about his larger plan for the franchise
"The story of Rick will go on in films," Gimple says. "Right now, we're working on three but there's flexibility in that. … Over the next several years, we're going to be doing specials, new series are quite a possibility, high-quality digital content and then some content that defies description at the moment. We're going to dig into the past and see old characters. We're going to introduce new characters and new situations."

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
'Walking Dead' Expansion Plans Revealed: Andrew Lincoln to Lead 3 AMC Movies
The actor, who officially departed the flagship series Sunday, will reprise his role as Rick Grimes in a trio of big-budget, feature-length movies that will air on the basic cable network as content chief officer Scott M. Gimple talks with The Hollywood Reporter about his larger plan for the franchise
"The story of Rick will go on in films," Gimple says. "Right now, we're working on three but there's flexibility in that. … Over the next several years, we're going to be doing specials, new series are quite a possibility, high-quality digital content and then some content that defies description at the moment. We're going to dig into the past and see old characters. We're going to introduce new characters and new situations."