The Walking Dead

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This show is still horrible for me. Every show is out to make money via advertising revenue but this show is stringing it out too much. Yeah it was slightly better than the past 5, but holy shit the tempo in this show sucks now. I'm nearly certain that I won't be watching next season. It was good while it lasted. /shrug

Raes

Vyemm Raider
A few good scenes in an overall shitty episode. Show is paced slower than a glacier at this point.
This is the only show I've ever watched where the amount a character talks is directly proportionate to how much I want them to die.

Don't even get me started on two adults who can handle themselves solo, going off together twice and leaving two tiny young girls (one obviously unhinged), with a handgun and knife, to protect themselves and a newborn.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Really good episode, mostly due to it being able to throw a few surprises my way.

I'd gotten into a mindset of "Okay so these guys are going to set up camp in this house for a few days, a few walker encounters and just a bunch of character revelations as they sit around sharing camp-fire stories and working out a few issues"

The burnt and smoking walker rush was a good scare moment.

But then when looney girl did what she did. That was a major WTF moment. Then the follow up with what they had to do - I'm being vague here dont want to be too specific. That all threw me, so was good

ShakyJake

<Donor>
But then when looney girl did what she did. That was a major WTF moment. Then the follow up with what they had to do - I'm being vague here dont want to be too specific. That all threw me, so was good
What I liked about this episode was that, in the end, Carrol did what had to be done.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't even get me started on two adults who can handle themselves solo, going off together twice and leaving two tiny young girls (one obviously unhinged), with a handgun and knife, to protect themselves and a newborn.
Hah, yeah. This show sucks, but kids killing kids is the only redeeming thing this season.

They are going to spend this entire season just walking through woods. I'm pretty sure nobody is getting to Terminus until next season. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than sitting at the farm.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Honestly, other than Season 1, I would say this season has been the best so far. Maybe it's the variety but I have enjoyed the characters on the road and each having their own story. The governor's was really good, and Carol's, Ricks, and Daryl's stories have been pretty good so far. Don't get me wrong it's not exceptional by no means, but I am finding it entertaining again. In the prison and at Herschels, it just became like a soap opera at a prison that just happened to have zombies around. The biggest threat was maybe this person not liking this person this week for some random reason. At least on the road there is that uneasiness and zombies are actually a legit threat again.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this just annoys me, i'll be the one chiming in with the "comic vs. tv" thing...

total and complete comic spoiler
but in the comic it was two twin boys... that doesn't matter. But what does matter is that it was two twin boys, carl and sophia... they basically were a travelling group and these 4 kids all played and were friends... hell as far as they knew they were the only kids alive. hell by this time it was so fucked up, these twins lost their real parents issues ago, and andrea(yea the annoying one) and dale(yea the old guy with the RV) were shacking up and they became the parents of these twin boys and they called them mommy and daddy and shit. fuck sophia(yea barnyard killed sophia) believed to her core that maggie and glen were her real parents... these kids are all kinds of fucked and seen lots of shit.

but by this time they were a traveling gypsie caravan basically, just a group of 15ish ppl and 4 kids a moving community and it was fine. until ben(basically psycho girl) decides to gut his twin brother. now this caravan is deciding... if and who should take care of ben, they don't know wtf a psycho kid can do to them in their sleep. the conversation goes nowhere, basically no one has basketball sized balls to kill a kid, and of course dale and andrea are against it, b/c by now ben is their own child.

so they're just gonna lock him up in his own van and travel with the threat of psycho everyday? now remember carl/sophia/ben (and bens twin) were all good friends at this point and fricking played tag or whatever, they did kid stuff and the adults loved to see this... b/c it brought some kind of "normal" to TWD world.

then carl stops being a shitty character.
rrr_img_62867.jpg

carl took out one of his friends, in 1 day carls list of available friends went from 3 to 2 and now he has to take care of his next to last friend, b/c no one in the group would, or can. They would rather travel every night with crazed psycho, in his own psycho van, than live with the sin and guilt of killing a child.
carl did this, he took in that sin and guilt, something even rick, could not do.

oh and b4 you think carl is just as psycho as the kid he killed, a few issues later
rrr_img_62868.jpg
rrr_img_62869.jpg

they took this away from carl

he will now forever be the shittiest emo TWD character and never have any character growth

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this show has set the bar so low that an episode where 2 girls being killed counts as best WD episode ever.
literally nothing else happened. i mean, yeah they roasted some pecans, brewed some coffee and danced with a few zombies, but for me to give an episode credit as being good there has to be a point to it. i guess caroll telling tryeese she killed his woman was the point and her mentioning that lizzie did not was fanservice to us nerds claiming it was actually her. still we the audience were already told that carol killed those people so the impact wasnt really there for the viewer. i got nothing from that episode and tyreese needs to distance himself from crazy white people.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
This episode was almost good. The problem was the Steinbeck moment at the end didnt work for me, I wanted Lennie to live but I just wanted the TWD psycho girl to go away.

And what was up with the Fallout reference in the beginning?

Also the baby with 9 lives survives again!

Cybsled

Well, Fallout liked to start with a normal looking scene and music, then reveal that everything is fucked. They did the same thing here.

As for the Mice and Men comparison, George and Carol both put down the person as an act of compassion and mercy. Had they not, the person would have died horribly and both were unable to function on their own. They didn't have any realistic options beyond trying to make it as quick and painless as possible.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
As for the Mice and Men comparison, George and Carol both put down the person as an act of compassion and mercy. Had they not, the person would have died horribly and both were unable to function on their own. They didn't have any realistic options beyond trying to make it as quick and painless as possible.
Yeah I understand that, what I meant is I didnt care at all that psycho girl got killed. Maybe a little for Carrol's sake but I had no attachment to the psycho girl other than she was a little girl, but her character was basically a rabid dog.

Cybsled

I agree that there was more empathy for Carol and the little sister vs. M&M sharing it, but I think that was the point. Lennie had redeeming qualities in the he was a gentle giant that didn't know his own strength, with tragic results. Lizzie was just a text book psychopath /w schizo (note the almost complete lack of empathy for others and not seeing the zombies for what they were, unless they were about to kill her). The tragedy there was the pain others suffered because of her illness and actions of her own doing. Lennie, on the other hand, was manipulated and placed in a terrifying situation (from his perspective) that caused him to accidently kill the woman. He was a clear victim of circumstance, whereas Lizzie was a clear victimizer. I don't think the writers intended sympathy for her beyond a simple "too bad she was a psycho".