The Walking Dead

Goatface

i know realism doesn't apply, but......
one of the things i hate about low dex zombies. they would never be able to operate in the woods or even most urban environments. 90% of them should be crawling now as their ankles would be broken.
walkers can not figure out how to back off a spike trap, but can hop a guard rail with out breaking stride

agripa

Molten Core Raider
i know realism doesn't apply, but......
one of the things i hate about low dex zombies. they would never be able to operate in the woods or even most urban environments. 90% of them should be crawling now as their ankles would be broken.
walkers can not figure out how to back off a spike trap, but can hop a guard rail with out breaking stride
Suspension of belief is how I enjoy most tv shows and it works quite well.

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
And zombies would be no kind of predator for anything but the most sickly deer, don't be stupid. The stamina argument works based on dogged pursuit by intelligent beings that can track them. A deer running for 20 seconds would be basically vanished to whatever zombie initially went after it.
Don't overestimate how much distance a deer can clear before giving up, it's not that much.

A deer running at top speed for 20 seconds will clear around 800 feet in an open field. It isn't going to be able to sustain that speed for more than a few 10 second bursts though before becoming exhausted. That is far enough to break line of sight with a single zombie most likely, but we aren't talking about a single zombie.

Herds in Walking Dead have over 2,000 zombies in them frequently, a group of that size will have an effective radius of detection of at least a couple thousand feet in diameter. A herd would most likely kill any large game it came across.

You don't need to be a master tracker to keep up with something that can only move in short bursts of a few hundred meters when you have an unrelenting search party the size of a Walmart parking lot. It's not like the zombies will lose interest, and they are fairly cohesive in large groups. If one on the perimeter picks up on the deer a good portion of the group will continue to move in the general direction of the deer until it is flushed out again. Deer aren't smart enough to stay quiet in hiding under brush as thousands of zombies pass it, if you get close enough it is going to make a noise, if it is exhausted it will be constantly making noise.

Not to mention, areas where animals will tend to congregate, such as water sources and good pastures, will have a higher density of zombies simply because they are constantly lured there by animals.

In an area densely populated with zombies, a deer won't get very much reprieve.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
vlcsnap-2013-11-06-21h18m01s57-the-walking-dead-season-5-premiere-find-out-who-lives-and-who-dies-in-major-spoilers.png

He could have made something good one day!

Too soon?

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
People band together? Yeah, criminals band together. After every major hurricane there is looting, just sometimes it is more widespread than others. Remember 9 years ago hurricane katrina? There was no law and order for just a couple of days and new orleans became a complete shit show. Criminals actually thought it was their city to keep. There was looting, murder, rape. Bodies were left on sidewalks/the road. Buildings were burned down. They were unable to evacuate ppl from charity hospital because criminals were firing at the helicopter for no reason other than they could because they thought the city was theirs to keep.
Random looting of unoccupied buildings and people going nuts under the safety net of the rest of civilization remaining intact and coming to restore order is comparable to facing an existential threat with a face and identify which people can rally against and hate?

Oldbased

> Than U
Am I the only one who didn't like the episode? I said it last season, right after it the finale, that right when they were going to be killed for BBQ, a zombie invasion would conveniently happen.

Personally, I thought it was the worst episode over the last year.
Probably yes you are the only one. Not that is a bad thing, everyone watches for a different reason.
I mean some people actually liked The Strain for fucks sake, so to each their own.

I personally watch it cause they show deer every now and then and I know one day one is going to go full Grimlok on those walkers ass.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Random looting of unoccupied buildings and people going nuts under the safety net of the rest of civilization remaining intact and coming to restore order is comparable to facing an existential threat with a face and identify which people can rally against and hate?
Like I said you are putting way too much faith in humanity. Humans are still just animals too and once ppl are literally starving it would bring out evils in ppl you obviously don't think possible. There being a common enemy means jack all if you only have enough resources for x number of people, but need resources for x + y number of people. Thinking the remaining world's population would just band together is ludicrously naive.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Actually, the show has shown at least 2 deer being eaten by zombies, so the precedent has been made in the show.
how many dead deer have you seen in your life? out of those, how many were caught and killed by a person just with their bare hands? or better question, how fast do you think TWD zombies move? 1mph maybe less?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll watch it at work tonight, looking forward to shitting on it. I see you already shit 100 replies on this episode alone, should be good stuff. Not spoiling myself now
smile.png

Oldbased

> Than U
Ya but it is still going to be 3 days till the next shit for you. That is some serious constipation my friend.