The Witcher

Sterling

El Presidente
If there was any merit to his claim that the contract was only for a single game, he would have filed this lawsuit after the success of Witcher 2. Or during the super visible marketing campaign for Witcher 3. He's a greedy fuckbag.
That's what I would think is probably true. Would still like specifics.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I showed my wife the trailers for this last night and to my surprise she is really excited to watch this. She isn't normally all that excited for this kind of thing, maybe Henry got her wet...either way I win.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Lol oh I don't want to ask... But I'm gonna

Is that real?

No, that is two cosplayers.

From what I read he received a settlement out of court because CDPR bought the license for one game and then they made three with it. You don't need to be a "massive turbocunt" to be annoyed by that.

Who cares about facts let’s sperg out because a show based on books is faithful to the books and not what a video game character looks like.

Meanwhile these same faggots whined for 6 years about every thing they got wrong in GOT. And would debate how long sailing takes.

You are all a bunch of autists unwilling to see anything but red. A bunch of gay hammers looking for nails.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You guys are going to cry your fucking eyes out when you learn the story of the saga and what the show will be about is about Ciri coming into her power and learning to yield it while most of the books Geralt is on the road with a group of friends that aren’t in the games trying to find and save her. It’s a story with three POV. Getting mad about that is mike being mad GOT focusing on Aarya and Sansa and Tyrion etc and not just being from Dany ot Jons POV.

Gonna cry your eyes out when you realize Vesimir and the other Witcher’s aren’t around much and the only characters from the games in the stories are Dabdelion at times, Triss, and Regis.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
You guys are going to cry your fucking eyes out when you learn the story of the saga and what the show will be about is about Ciri coming into her power and learning to yield it while most of the books Geralt is on the road with a group of friends that aren’t in the games trying to find and save her. It’s a story with three POV. Getting mad about that is mike being mad GOT focusing on Aarya and Sansa and Tyrion etc and not just being from Dany ot Jons POV.

Gonna cry your eyes out when you realize Vesimir and the other Witcher’s aren’t around much and the only characters from the games in the stories are Dabdelion at times, Triss, and Regis.

Usually love you bro, but this is retarded. The Witcher is popular in the USA because of the games, not the books. If Netflix Is adapting this for an American audience (and they most definitely are) then writing a script that follows characters that are in the books and not the game and vice versa is a losing strategy.

Why are you reveling in the fact that people who came expecting the lire introduced in the super popular game are disappointed when it is based on the much less popular and non-English audience focused books?

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
s a
Sober King sucks. His career would look alot better if he died three decades ago.

/derail thread about spergers sperging about spergers.

Witcher medallion different from game, discuss.
Some things are just known in life.

Kubrick > King
Caps > Rangers
Old EQ Models > New models

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
No, that is two cosplayers.

Who cares about facts let’s sperg out because a show based on books is faithful to the books and not what a video game character looks like.

Meanwhile these same faggots whined for 6 years about every thing they got wrong in GOT. And would debate how long sailing takes.

You are all a bunch of autists unwilling to see anything but red. A bunch of gay hammers looking for nails.

Did game of thrones have a video game adaptation that was wildly more successful than the books that I'm missing? Pretty sure the answer is no.

Picking the source of your adaptation is pretty important. This happens in a lot of mediums, where there is a book and comic derived from the book, but the comic is wildly more popular and so they adapt that. Its not absurd in cases where you have two fairly different source materials to choose from for the same characters to expect the more popular one.

Or...what will happen is the same thing that happened to the books. No one will care about it except the effort to say its not for them. And it will go on to be another obscure Netflix show like Marco Polo or tons of other drek that wanted to be Stranger Things but was just too out of touch with the average member of the audience they wished to appeal to.

I hope I'm wrong, always want more medieval/fantasy style shows, but I doubt people will care much beyond 'this show blows' as they find out why the game was popular and the books were not.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Usually love you bro, but this is retarded. The Witcher is popular in the USA because of the games, not the books. If Netflix Is adapting this for an American audience (and they most definitely are) then writing a script that follows characters that are in the books and not the game and vice versa is a losing strategy.

Why are you reveling in the fact that people who came expecting the lire introduced in the super popular game are disappointed when it is based on the much less popular and non-English audience focused books?

Because Netflix can’t get right ma from CDPR to make a show off the games, because CDPR can’t sell the rights as they only had them to use for games. And the only rights they can buy are from the author who can only sell the books.

You think the games mater to Netflix? You guys keep pushing this “99 percent of people who know the Witcher from the games didn’t read the books”. Well 99 percent of Netflix subscribers don’t even know the game exists. They aren’t trying to cash in off the games. They saw Game Of Thrones take over television and sought out an IP with established lore, a small but strong fan base, and bought the Witcher.

Just about every fantasy series has Ben bought up. Faggy Netflix saw this one have medieval setting, magic, strong women, monsters and thought this was a chance to make their own GOT. 99 percent of the people who watch this on Netflix won’t have any idea about the games or how you think the characters should look.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Does anyone here actually think the show fails or succeeds based on Triss having red hair and freckles? Did GOT aging up all the Starks and Dany make a difference?

No. You all just want to be catered to because you are “real fans” and want to gatekeep the games.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
regardless of what they base the source off of, 90% of the comments are going to start out with "Actually..."

it's sort of a lose/lose so i don't really care what the inspiration is from. in a vacuum i'm fine with them taking it from the books, as i already KNOW what happens in the games. i'd rather a new take on the story that i'm not already familiar with.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Does anyone here actually think the show fails or succeeds based on Triss having red hair and freckles? Did GOT aging up all the Starks and Dany make a difference?

No. You all just want to be catered to because you are “real fans” and want to gatekeep the games.

People paying for content want to be catered to?

That's shocking, Breakdown. Tell me more about your insightful views on human psychology.

• 1Worf

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Not gonna lie, that trailer took me from begrudgingly watching at least a couple episodes because it's the fucking witcher to "maybe I'll actually enjoy this more than GoT season 8".

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not gonna lie, that trailer took me from begrudgingly watching at least a couple episodes because it's the fucking witcher to "maybe I'll actually enjoy this more than GoT season 8".

netflix had a short a while back about bacon sizzling over the span of 30 minutes or so. that was pretty good compared to GoT season 8 as well

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

No, but you have to admit that if you have seen a red haired white girl as Triss for the last decade then her not looking anywhere close to that is offputting. Especially when every other character basically looks like the real life approximation of the game characters.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
A colonoscopy is more enjoyable than GoT season 8 so I guess you aren’t wrong.

• 1Worf