The Witcher

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't read a shannara book in 15ish years... but source I guess?

Morgawr from the Voyage trilogy. I mean obviously he doesn't write a graphic rape scene, but it's laid out pretty clearly what happened by the victim before she dies. Funny thing is that for the longest time I hadn't read anything but the original trilogy and heritage, so finally one day I went to the library and picked up the next trilogy and found the whole thing so displeasing that I said fuck it and stopped again. So I've still read less than half of the Shannara books and didn't even realize that he'd finally flat out said it was set on a post-apocalyptic version of Earth before the tv show came out and threw it in your face in the opening credits.

Back to the Witcher, my cautious optimism has already been dashed.

• 2Rustled
  • 2WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
It sounds like they have their own PoV like Game of Thrones and it's not just only through Geralt do we watch the show. I think she's just retardedly saying that they're as much characters as he is and we don't only see them when Geralt's in a scene with them.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
while i agree that she PROBABLY means that she just wanted to flesh out some of the characters a little quicker than the books do, it's a little disconcerting that a story-teller by profession can't convey that concept without inciting mass confusion.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
while i agree that she PROBABLY means that she just wanted to flesh out some of the characters a little quicker than the books do, it's a little disconcerting that a story-teller by profession can't convey that concept without inciting mass confusion.

Or with people who see SJWs in every shadow trying to misrepresent what she said. Not saying that's what happened here, but it is something that happens. Here's the original article that cosmicbooknews is pulling from.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
It's also worth mentioning that multiple PoV characters is pretty much how the books were. The two short story collections that open the series are Geralt-focused, but the rest of the books do bounce fairly evenly between Geralt, Yen, and Ciri.

So yeah, that aspect isn't too much of a red flag to me. The Nilfgardian scrotum armor, on the other hand...

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Ciri was way hotter in the game. RL ciri looks like albino voldemort baby

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ciri was way hotter in the game. RL ciri looks like albino voldemort baby

uh...

hqdefault.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Fuckin just when I was thinking of dropping Netflix. They probably won't release all the episodes at once will they?
Other than the obvious stuff that is an on-going series where they just film whenever (like maybe that Seinfeld one? dunno, don't watch it), I can't think of any Netflix shows that they DON'T drop them all at once, so I would assume this one will be too.

We already know I'm homo for Cavill, so while I was going to watch anyway, this trailer made me feel a little better about it. I still really dislike the Yennifer casting though. Not because she's brown or any of that shit, but because she's not mind-numbingly gorgeous. I mean, I get it, you need someone that can act the part too, but even the versions in the games are undeniably beautiful (within game graphics expectations anyway), and while she's not ugly, she just doesn't tick that box for me. Maybe for someone else she does, but it sort of dampens my optimism when I just can't picture her as that character yet.

As for Ciri, it almost seems like they purposely made her look worse in the show. No pedo, but she's much cuter in real life. Already posted here I'm sure. Also, I'd have the same reaction, he's so dreamy!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seemed like they're just assuming that their audiences are too retarded to figure out that Ciri is IMPORTANT without making her look differenty.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am ashamed to admit I never played the games, I own 1 and 2. I even started playing 1 like two years ago, but the controls were so clunky by today's standards I didn't stick with it.

So here is my question, should I just watch all the cut scenes on YouTube so I have a better idea and understanding of the characters and the world? Or should I just go into the series blind?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am ashamed to admit I never played the games, I own 1 and 2. I even started playing 1 like two years ago, but the controls were so clunky by today's standards I didn't stick with it.

So here is my question, should I just watch all the cut scenes on YouTube so I have a better idea and understanding of the characters and the world? Or should I just go into the series blind?

The games are non-canon and will probably bear little to no resemblance to the story-telling style of the TV show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
God you guys are babies.

In the short stories you never get to see Ciri and Yen’s back story. You meet yen when she’s powerful and meets Geralt. This show is just going to have the story of how she goes from hunch back to sorceress. It’s mentioned in the books later. This is just doing it uo front so there is some gravitas to Yen and Geralt meeting. Same with a Ciri. It will mean a lot more when Geralt bumps into His surprise child for the first time when we actually know who she is.

And “she’s not hot enough” about yen? Do you faggots even read? It’s mentioned a few times during the first time Geralt meets yen that she’s good looking but is in fact not a great beauty, and that’s why it’s so weird that he is so drawn to her as if she was. That there is another force at play, hmmm maybe fate. You know the whole driving force of their relationship. He knows within that first meeting that she was once a deformed cripple and that magic can only do so much to pretty her up.

You faggots are crying about them being faithful to the books. Because you need video game Dead or Alive babes in everything.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user