The Witcher

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Seriously, you guys should just wait to see the show then decide. Instead of crying like neckbeard faggots for two years leading up to the show.

It’s probably going to suck. 99 percent of shit Netflix makes us awful. But I would probably rather watch a neutered Geralt than other shows.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
God you guys are babies.

In the short stories you never get to see Ciri and Yen’s back story. You meet yen when she’s powerful and meets Geralt. This show is just going to have the story of how she goes from hunch back to sorceress. It’s mentioned in the books later. This is just doing it uo front so there is some gravitas to Yen and Geralt meeting. Same with a Ciri. It will mean a lot more when Geralt bumps into His surprise child for the first time when we actually know who she is.

And “she’s not hot enough” about yen? Do you faggots even read? It’s mentioned a few times during the first time Geralt meets yen that she’s good looking but is in fact not a great beauty, and that’s why it’s so weird that he is so drawn to her as if she was. That there is another force at play, hmmm maybe fate. You know the whole driving force of their relationship. He knows within that first meeting that she was once a deformed cripple and that magic can only do so much to pretty her up.

You faggots are crying about them being faithful to the books. Because you need video game Dead or Alive babes in everything.
Some of us haven't read the books. Yes, I know the series is based off of the books, but that doesn't mean I rushed out to read them.

If we are to believe that the games nailed the look of Geralt (because that's pretty much exactly how Cavill looks in the show) in comparison to the books, why would I assume that the glaringly obviously beautiful Yen in the games is somehow completely wrong? Or did I miss the post where you complained about Geralt being totally wrong in the games too?

It isn't so insane to base my assumptions off of the game, because I would wager that around 99% of people that even know what The Witcher is have never read the books, and only have the game to compare to. Honestly, to dismiss comparisons to the game as "faggoty" is pretty arrogant. If that truly is how she's described in the books, then great, but it doesn't change the fact that most people won't get that connection and might think she is miscast.

You seem pretty upset over this.

Also,
Yennefer in the books was always described as extremely, unbelievably beautiful.

So I'm not quite sure how they arrived at that with their casting decision.
Is Quineloe lying? Or are you? One of you is, apparently.

Sterling

El Presidente
Seriously, you guys should just wait to see the show then decide. Instead of crying like neckbeard faggots for two years leading up to the show.

It’s probably going to suck. 99 percent of shit Netflix makes us awful. But I would probably rather watch a neutered Geralt than other shows.
Netflix has a lot of good content. 99 percent is so wildly exaggerated it's absurd.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Netflix has a lot of good content. 99 percent is so wildly exaggerated it's absurd.
Let's not forget, he literally just said that we should wait until we see it to decide instead of crying like neckbeard faggots...and then said it is probably going to suck...before he's seen it...like a crying neckbeard faggot.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Some of us haven't read the books. Yes, I know the series is based off of the books, but that doesn't mean I rushed out to read them.

If we are to believe that the games nailed the look of Geralt (because that's pretty much exactly how Cavill looks in the show) in comparison to the books, why would I assume that the glaringly obviously beautiful Yen in the games is somehow completely wrong? Or did I miss the post where you complained about Geralt being totally wrong in the games too?

It isn't so insane to base my assumptions off of the game, because I would wager that around 99% of people that even know what The Witcher is have never read the books, and only have the game to compare to. Honestly, to dismiss comparisons to the game as "faggoty" is pretty arrogant. If that truly is how she's described in the books, then great, but it doesn't change the fact that most people won't get that connection and might think she is miscast.

You seem pretty upset over this.

Also,

Is Quineloe lying? Or are you? One of you is, apparently.

In 'The Last Wish' Yennefer is described by Geralt as: "...although attractive in her own way, couldn't pass as a great beauty" "...her nose slightly too long, her lips a touch too narrow, her chin receding a little too much, her a brows a little too irregular..

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
God you guys are babies.

In the short stories you never get to see Ciri and Yen’s back story. You meet yen when she’s powerful and meets Geralt. This show is just going to have the story of how she goes from hunch back to sorceress. It’s mentioned in the books later. This is just doing it uo front so there is some gravitas to Yen and Geralt meeting. Same with a Ciri. It will mean a lot more when Geralt bumps into His surprise child for the first time when we actually know who she is.

And “she’s not hot enough” about yen? Do you faggots even read? It’s mentioned a few times during the first time Geralt meets yen that she’s good looking but is in fact not a great beauty, and that’s why it’s so weird that he is so drawn to her as if she was. That there is another force at play, hmmm maybe fate. You know the whole driving force of their relationship. He knows within that first meeting that she was once a deformed cripple and that magic can only do so much to pretty her up.

You faggots are crying about them being faithful to the books. Because you need video game Dead or Alive babes in everything.
no, rather it's about the effort

we expect this
8481124863_2d2cae6a58_b.jpg

bitch is in the snow giving her all

but no, we're getting awkward pose in front of a white wall
8fa2cc626e9a762cd904498bab5b62cf.png

• 1Barf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Listen, what you're saying may all be true but I can guarantee 99% of us (myself included) have never read the books and only played the games. In fact, most of us probably only ever played 3.

Witcher 3 was such a great game, with great voice acting, great storylines, and truly compelling characters and that's how we know those characters. It may not be canon, and the show may be truer to the books. But if you wanna blame anyone for the viewpoints like the ones in this thread blame CD Projekt RED for doing such a great job with the game and the characters

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Listen, what you're saying may all be true but I can guarantee 99% of us (myself included) have never read the books and only played the games. In fact, most of us probably only ever played 3.

Witcher 3 was such a great game, with great voice acting, great storylines, and truly compelling characters and that's how we know those characters. It may not be canon, and the show may be truer to the books. But if you wanna blame anyone for the viewpoints like the ones in this thread blame CD Projekt RED for doing such a great job with the game and the characters
yea, after playing 3, my wife tried to read one of the books and said "this is not for humans to read"

• 1Salty

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't read any of The Witcher books but the author seems like a massive turbocunt being mad about the games success after selling the rights. Maybe he got robbed, maybe he's just a sperglord. Would Tolkien be mental about Tom Bombadil not being in Jackson's LotR?

• 1Solidarity

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From what I read he received a settlement out of court because CDPR bought the license for one game and then they made three with it. You don't need to be a "massive turbocunt" to be annoyed by that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
From what I read he received a settlement out of court because CDPR bought the license for one game and then they made three with it. You don't need to be a "massive turbocunt" to be annoyed by that.

Who fed you that line of nonsense? By his own admission he sold the rights for a single lump sum without a royalties agreement because he didn't think CDPR would be successful with the IP. The lawsuit was just pure butthurt that they made something so epic with Witcher 3, and any settlement was just because it was better PR to get him to shut the fuck up. If they'd breached contract in such an egregious fashion he'd have been able to bend them over a barrel rather than the relative pittance he was actually suing for.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who fed you that line of nonsense? By his own admission he sold the rights for a single lump sum without a royalties agreement because he didn't think CDPR would be successful with the IP. The lawsuit was just pure butthurt that they made something so epic with Witcher 3, and any settlement was just because it was better PR to get him to shut the fuck up. If they'd breached contract in such an egregious fashion he'd have been able to bend them over a barrel rather than the relative pittance he was actually suing for.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Scroll down.

At the same time he regrets that he then sold the rights to The Witcher for a fixed sum and agreed no profit sharing , he revealed in an interview with Eurogamer.net from 2017.

"They offered me a percentage of their profits. I said, `No, there will be no profit - give me all my money now! The whole amount.` It was stupid. I was stupid enough to leave everything in her hands because I did not believe in her success. But who could have foreseen this success? Not me, "Sapkowski said, leaving little doubt that CD Project has the full license to develop more than one game in the Witcher universe.

His IP wasn't worth shit, and if it's worth more now it's because of what CDPR did with the game series.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sounds like CDproject (Kubrick) came in and made the Witcher (Shining) better than the hack writer did.

giphy.gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Scroll down.

His IP wasn't worth shit, and if it's worth more now it's because of what CDPR did with the game series.
That doesn't contradict the 1 game vs 3 games argument. That last line is just conjecture by the author of the article. No one has seen the actual licensing contract, and odds (i.e. laws in Poland) might have resulted in a court ruling in Sapkowski's favor anyways.

Sterling

El Presidente
That doesn't contradict the 1 game vs 3 games argument. That last line is just conjecture by the author of the article. No one has seen the actual licensing contract, and odds (i.e. laws in Poland) might have resulted in a court ruling in Sapkowski's favor anyways.
Yeah those are 2 very different things. If he's just butthurt because they made a gazillion dollars off his IP because he wanted a lump sum and not points that's on him. If he just licensed the shit for 1 game and they made 3 that's totally fucked. Need some actual specifics.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If there was any merit to his claim that the contract was only for a single game, he would have filed this lawsuit after the success of Witcher 2. Or during the super visible marketing campaign for Witcher 3. He's a greedy fuckbag.

• 1Like