The Witcher

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I was doing something during the episode so I wasnt paying full attention, but did Geralt actually make someones head explode through magic/Witcher powerz?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Overall this show was a mess but despite that there was plenty to like. I will watch season 2 but i hope they fire the lead writer and show runner.

1. Cavill nailed it as Geralt even though I was skeptical.
  2. Yennifers tits were A+.
  3. Much of the sets though feeling small looked great and fit the games aesthetics.
  4. Most of the creatures looked really good despite being CGI.

1. No real story arch.
  2. Yennifer is probably the least likable lead I have ever seen. Someone with her rough upbringing might be a little more empathetic to the down trodden.
  3. Yennifer seems to be the lead.
  4. Yennifer could be the main antagonist but she's too stupid.
  5. Magic is wildly inconsistent (the writing is shit)
  6. We hide behind castle gates when mages seem to teleport at will.
  7. Why are we not using teleportation to fight Nilfgard, to launch the fireballs right back at their army, etc oh look the bad guys remembered they could teleport.
  8. Why does the brotherhood of mages not care that mage assassins are running around?
  9. If there is something that takes away powers that easily mages should be disregarded as they are worthless.
  10. Why would we burn up something so valuable as a slave that can manipulate reality just to shoot a giant stupid fireball that should have been sent right back with a portal in the first place.
  11. Why is the one mage with battle experience leading men, jumping through a portal by himself to engage in melee combat like a complete and utter moron.
  12. The time jumping was pretty horrible.
  13. Elves had the kind of magic that Yennifer wields yet were massacred by men? Insert Yeahokay.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Regarding the teleporting--I could be wrong--, but it seems as though the destination point is either random or wildly inaccurate. (the scene with the princess and baby pretty much verifies this).

Either way the writing is so shite it doesnt really matter. There are so many unexplainable or flat out stupid plot elements, that are themselves drowned in poor editing and terrible pacing, it makes everything that [is] good, bad anyway.

Who cares if teleport mechanics are incongruent? There is so much other garbage it's like they think the viewer will just accept anything.

Netflix is bad.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The teleportation sure didn't seem random. That's another example though, the rules are never explained.

Jozu

Maybe not random, but perhaps not reliable/accurate enough to put yourself in the throne room of a castle half a continent away.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it is more of if you have the time to concentrate the portals can be accurate but when you are just speed casting to gtfo its semi random.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, it was pretty accurate when Fringorilla opened that portal for the archers to shoot through. Also when Ballsack and Geralt ported directly into the Cintran castle.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it was pretty accurate when Fringorilla opened that portal for the archers to shoot through. Also when Ballsack and Geralt ported directly into the Cintran castle.
Also when the assassin followed Yennifer perfectly. The writing was just shitty and inconsistent.

• 2Like

Jozu

Yea I guess that makes sense.

But then that also raises the issue mentioned above, what's stopping any adept magic user with the proper motivation and timing from just teleporting right next to the enemy king/leader/asset and instantly killing it?

Also LMAO @ Fringorilla. A++++

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also when the assassin followed Yennifer perfectly. The writing was just shitty and inconsistent.
I took that to him using the tracker on the queen as a homing beacon.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Never read or played game. I like it. Feels like old school cheesy sci fi channel and I can dig that.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Jozu

I just wish the magic aspect of the show was better understood and had some type of guidelines or consistency. They have no problem babbling exposition for other elements, they could of at least laid out some basic "rules" about the chaos and the limits of the magic users.

It seems as though a mage can basically nuke an entire battlefield. They can open portals, break people's necks instantly and effortlessly. Can create invisible barriers that can stop an entire assault from 100's of troops. Are able to manipulate natural elements, have immense illusion abilities, able to create an entire environment. Can heal and also seemingly curse enemies. I can go on and on.

And with all that they didnt even really explore Geralts sign abilities.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

LMAO at Fringorilla

In the games, the teleporatation could be very accurate if you had time to set it up, etc. If you were in a rush, you could end up half a continent away

• 2Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did too but that implies they can teleport exactly where they want to go.
It would only make sense or how else can you assassinate a mage plant a tracker and and portal they open you can too.

• 1Like