The Witcher

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Loved the show... at first I was put off by Cavill, but he IS Geralt as the show moves on a bit, sword choreography is fantastic, at times I just wanted to watch him tear it up...

The timeline switching has to be tough for some.

Not sure I am a fan of the Actress playing Ciri, however they nailed Yennefer, she steals the show every time she is on screen.

Quite refreshing after how tired Game Of Thrones got.

More monsters, more magic is win. Cant wait for season 2!!

• 3GreNeg
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So far this show could do with more buxom wenches. Preferably with real pubic hair.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
they nailed Yennefer, she steals the show every time she is on screen.

grandpahouse.gif

• 7Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Ciri annoys me. Besides all her scenes being boring (imo) she looks like a fucking alien. Why do you take this:

Image result for Freya Allan

And make it look like this:

Image result for Freya Allan

Paint the girls fucking eyebrows, idiots. And lose the goddamn contacts. Wtf?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 2 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So why claim it was a shit ton when it could be anything between $0 and $16m?

Because it's as clear as day that it was a sizable chunk of change? Sapkowski demanded 16 million, CD Projekt Red scoffed and came back with a counter-offer and it was enough to satisfy the old man.

It clearly wasn't a fit fat zero because then he wouldn't have settled. So it had to be up there, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter if it was 50,000 or 100,000 or 1 million. To me, all three options are a lot of money.

Therefore it gets the subjective moniker of, 'shit ton.'

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Because it's as clear as day that it was a sizable chunk of change? Sapkowski demanded 16 million, CD Projekt Red scoffed and came back with a counter-offer and it was enough to satisfy the old man.

It clearly wasn't a fit fat zero because then he wouldn't have settled. So it had to be up there, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter if it was 50,000 or 100,000 or 1 million. To me, all three options are a lot of money.

Its chump change at whatever privce given thier current valuation of ~7billion and of course witcher 3 sold over 20million copies.
I just wish the magic aspect of the show was better understood and had some type of guidelines or consistency. They have no problem babbling exposition for other elements, they could of at least laid out some basic "rules" about the chaos and the limits of the magic users.

It seems as though a mage can basically nuke an entire battlefield. They can open portals, break people's necks instantly and effortlessly. Can create invisible barriers that can stop an entire assault from 100's of troops. Are able to manipulate natural elements, have immense illusion abilities, able to create an entire environment. Can heal and also seemingly curse enemies. I can go on and on.

And with all that they didnt even really explore Geralts sign abilities.
Magic is mysterious maybe it's not supposed to be explained like in a game...its clear even the mages themselves do not know it's full limits..

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
CD Projekt Red is worth just under 3 billion $, but even then, <20$million is basically nothing.

Witcher 3 made bank.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Slurpy slinging Yennifer has nice funbags , but that character is even less likable than the book and game versions. Triss may be the worst miscast I have ever seen, both wrong look and utterly unable to act. Cavill is awesome and the rest of it is ok.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Nice backtrack

• 1Picard

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Finished this last night, I liked it well enough and will watch season 2 without a doubt.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I liked it for the most part. Triss casting sucked but I don’t really get all the hate for the yennefer casting. The time jumping had to be the worst part, there’s zero reason that they couldn’t have just explicitly stated what time/year each of the stories was in. At least going forward that shouldn’t be a problem.

See a lot of people complaining about the lack of an overarching plot, but that‘a how I remember the first book being, just a bunch of short stories. One of them was even the dragon hunting group. All of that is to set the stage for the way characters interact with each other later.

And yeah, it’s a soft magic system which I always hate compared to one with set rules and limits. Is it ever laid out in the books? I’m guessing not

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Episode 1: Most of this episode is repeated in episode 7. End before the beginning shit.
Episode 2: Yennefer back story.
Episode 3: More Yennefer backstory, but with tits.
Episode 4: Beauty and the Beast.
Episode 5: Orgy, tits, best episode of the season.
Episode 6: Dragon side quest.
Episode 7: Giant castle battle, Yennefer comes to full power. Repetition of episode 1, very chaotic editing that is dumb and easy to figure out, still jarring because it's simply unnecessary and very poorly done. This was the best moment of Ep 7:
423004d.gif

Episode 8: Weird Geralt flashback, filtering inconsistent with other time jumps.

There's Ciri stuff happening throughout but it's just filler bullshit to keep her character occupied with "something" until she's needed. More like a set piece than a character.

If you want to watch this show, you can literally just watch episodes 5, 7 and 8. You won't miss anything of importance otherwise.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Been watching some reviews now that I've seen the whole series, and since a lot of them start with the first episode (obviously), that reminds me that I forgot to comment about Renfri (sp) being my favorite non-Geralt/bard character in the whole series, and it really pisses me off that she was one and done. I know it was very brief and not even very well played out, but I felt like they had some actual chemistry there. He should have used his last wish to bring her back instead. Sure, Yen has a smoking body, but Renfri looked like the one I'd rather Geralt be with (once they stop trying to kill each other).

Speaking of, if that was his final wish...what were the first two? I understand the misdirection with who we thought made them, but when did Geralt make the first two, to be on his last one?

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Been watching some reviews now that I've seen the whole series, and since a lot of them start with the first episode (obviously), that reminds me that I forgot to comment about Renfri (sp) being my favorite non-Geralt/bard character in the whole series, and it really pisses me off that she was one and done. I know it was very brief and not even very well played out, but I felt like they had some actual chemistry there. He should have used his last wish to bring her back instead. Sure, Yen has a smoking body, but Renfri looked like the one I'd rather Geralt be with (once they stop trying to kill each other).

Speaking of, if that was his final wish...what were the first two? I understand the misdirection with who we thought made them, but when did Geralt make the first two, to be on his last one?
Seemed to me, based on the episodes start, he was fishing because he couldn't sleep, and passed out as soon as he got laid, so maybe... sex, sleep, and love?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I kinda assumed he heard Dandelions wishes and as he thought of them he made the wish.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Geralt was looking for the djinn because he couldn’t sleep but then Jaskier calls him out on looking for it to break the law of surprise because of his fear of caring for Ciri. He straight up says “is it that you can’t sleep or is it because of what mousesack said to you about the child” in different words.

Three wishes were to leave Jaskier alone, for the guys head to pop, and to be bound to yen

• 1Like