The Witcher

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
I generally don't care about racial diversity in casting. But with Witcher 3 I have a huge problem with the Triss casting. The games gave us pretty detailed ideas of how these people should look. And Triss is a fucking babe. She is not a babe in the TV show. All the sorceresses should be hot af.

the show is based on the books which is fairly different from the game and the author has hated on the game multiple times over the years lol. to be fair he sounds like a crazy old man too, he wasn't involved in the TV show either and really has no opinion on it other than "i got paid so i won't say shit"

for what its worth i've read the books and played W2 & W3 and imo the games are better than the books. While the bard guy is in the books a bit more the other characters feel a bit more 1 dimensional in the books.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Imagine LotR getting the Witcher treatment.

That was Gandalf the Grey. I'm Gandalf the Black!

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

1680W08K1JXdFeuhktJyriQwDQdcXPAoqnRfIUSqbNY.jpg

• 13Worf
  • 3Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 16 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I generally don't care about racial diversity in casting. But with Witcher 3 I have a huge problem with the Triss casting. The games gave us pretty detailed ideas of how these people should look. And Triss is a fucking babe. She is not a babe in the TV show. All the sorceresses should be hot af.
Isn't part of the whole "graduation" from Aretuza getting turned into a beauty worthy of standing beside a king? Yen's was accelerated in the show, and perhaps more extreme due to her hunchback, but I though all the witches got a makeover when they graduated.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Production leak from the Amazon LOTR series is it's less Peter Jackson, more real life-esque.

I took that to mean the set pieces are watered down to chase after Game of Thrones. "Hey, we're in New Zealand lol!", but it also has to mean blackwashing of some kind I figure. None of the usual rumor analysts could come up with a reason anyone would bitch about realism.

I mean I could be wrong and maybe its more about Amazon copying the Game of Thrones aesthetic which is lighter on the high fantasy. But I can't let go of it potentially meaning blackwashing.

• 1Garbage

Cybsled

More real life-esque probably means lots of forests and generic middle ages style villages.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Watched extended edition FoTR last weekend and god damn is so odd seeing a movie of that scale be 100% white.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can't even see this thread and not start singing "Toss a coin to your witcher..." that song was the best part of the whole season.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Eh maybe. Netflix posted lower sub numbers due to a lack of new original programing. Since Kai and Witcher are two major productions, I wouldnt be surprised if they dabble in a stretched out episode release like Amazon, Disney+, and Paramount are currently doing.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
You guys are ridiculous with the casual racism of "how dare they cast a black person in a fantasy fairy tale"

Meanwhile Hamlet in China.
1625941466484.png

• 3Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You guys are ridiculous with the casual racism of "how dare they cast a black person in a fantasy fairy tale"
I mean it's not like Poland has spent the last few hundred years desperately trying to keep their culture from being destroyed by outsiders or anything you ignorant fuckbag.

• 11Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Meanwhile Hamlet in China.
View attachment 361807

How come there weren't white, hispanic and Asian people in Wakanda?

Shut the fuck up with "ITS NOT A REAL PLACE"---its a set of European myths. For every other civilization, its considered respectful now to not fuck with their myths by white washing them (And they will bitch endlessly if it happens).

So piss off with this "its racisms!"--When I see you saying its racism that Jeremy Irons couldn't play live action scar because it "needed to be an all black cast", then I won't dismiss you as a raging fucking hypocrite.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users