The Witcher

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You wouldn't believe how many dragons there were too.
Hilarious how tone deaf this kind of response is. Poland has spent centuries struggling to preserve their culture from being wiped out but hey who cares, they're white so they have privilege.

• 7Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 10 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hilarious how tone deaf this kind of response is. Poland has spent centuries struggling to preserve their culture from being wiped out but hey who cares, they're white so they have privilege.
Yeah I forgot the time lost history of Witching in actual Poland. It's nearly so lost that it seems like it never happened.

• 2Picard
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I forgot the time lost history of Witching in actual Poland. It's nearly so lost that it seems like it never happened.
So I guess it would be no big deal to cast white people in African folk tales right?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
He wrote these stories in the 1980's and they aren't based in Historical Poland. These aren't passed down for generations or anything, they were literally probably banged out on a Commodore 64 and you're acting like they told Witcher stories during the German invasion while hiding from the Reich in their ruined houses.

Also do any of the major characters die of sunburn or something? I don't give a fuck if they did an all black Raisin in the Sun Witcher as long as they got good actors and had good writing, but you whiny bitches QQ anytime some one has more melanin than the description "pale skin, like the fallen snow" every shit fantasy writer uses to describe 75% of their characters.

• 3Picard
  • 2Salty
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 6 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Graham McTavish is a good casting for Djikstra.
I didn't know so many black people were in 1200s Poland.
Going to disagree about Djikstra. I mean, I love Graham McTavish but he is nothing like what I imagined Djikstra to be. At least he is a great actor, so there's that. So much of this casting is like a USC stage production of The Witcher. Fuck this lady and her stupid politics. I thought they would try to be less shitty in Season 2 but it seems they are going more Woke in Season 2 then they were in Season 1. "Look, Harry Potter's Black! Spiderman is Black Latino! Hulk is Asian! Superman is Black! Nick Fury is Black!" Well, that one is OK but goddamn it only because Samuel L. Jackson is awesome.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He wrote these stories in the 1980's and they aren't based in Historical Poland. These aren't passed down for generations or anything, they were literally probably banged out on a Commodore 64 and you're acting like they told Witcher stories during the German invasion while hiding from the Reich in their ruined houses.

Also do any of the major characters die of sunburn or something? I don't give a fuck if they did an all black Raisin in the Sun Witcher as long as they got good actors and had good writing, but you whiny bitches QQ anytime some one has more melanin than the description "pale skin, like the fallen snow" every shit fantasy writer uses to describe 75% of their characters.
It's funny how wildly unpopular the show is in Poland for exactly the reasons I described but you've never met blackwashing you didn't like so I guess it's a pointless argument.

• 5Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I would remake this show in kind of a Spartacus Blood and Sand level of gore and tits. It would just be Henry Cavill and the bard dude going on adventures town to town slaying monsters and pussy. I would cut all the other shit and it would be the most watched TV show in history.

• 10Like
  • 5Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 15 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's funny how wildly unpopular the show is in Poland for exactly the reasons I described but you've never met blackwashing you didn't like so I guess it's a pointless argument.
It's not that I like it. It's that I don't care about it because the same reason you all care and cry is the same reason the other side cares and cry. I don't give a fuck and that's the difference. Pretending a culture is being erased because there's black women in the show instead of all white women is ludicrous. Especially since its NOT IN FUCKING POLAND!

• 5Picard
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

The fuck. Have you ever read the books? I don't just have issues with all blackwashing; there are lots of characters, white, black, etc. not in-line/fitting with the characters as they are in the books and it sucks. [Edit: Djisktra for example is supposed to be a hulking brute but is actually a cunning spy, an intellectual giant whose physical size belies his keen mind. Rience initially doesn't look like he fits but I will withhold judgement.] This showrunner is shaping the TV show to fit her own politics; the stories themselves are relatively progressive already. But hey, why not add a feminist diatribe by Yennifer over a dead baby in the middle of an episode? Make Yennifer's whole story in Season 1 about her relationship not with Geralt but with Tissania? Nilfgard seems like a macho nation so make their armor look like ball sacks.

The color thing is just another sign that the showrunner doesn't give a fuck about the stories and is really only interested in using them in making her own political statement, like every other political hack in Hollywood.

Xevy said:
Pretending a culture is being erased because there's black women in the show instead of all white women is ludicrous. Especially since its NOT IN FUCKING POLAND
Tell that to the author and the Polish people. "Well, it's set in a fantasy version of YOUR COUNTRY but if a super Progressive American Hollywood Showrunner says there are going to be black people here because MUH REPRESENTATION, SUCK IT UP, JASKIERS"

["Jaskier" is what Google tells me is Polish for "Buttercup", where I assume they got "Dandelion" ; I didn't know. LOL]

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Look Xevy Xevy faggot, its not that we give a shit that coons are playing white roles, plenty of reasons to cast an actor of any color for any role. Its that the coons were purposely placed in these roles to replace white people and that is something people take issue with.

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Witcher lore is basically Slavic folk tales/lore that existed for 1000+ years.

I heard about vurdalaks from my Russian grandma before I even knew what poland was

So yeah, a lot of it is definitely passed down the generations

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Witcher lore is basically Slavic folk tales/lore that existed for 1000+ years.

I heard about vurdalaks from my Russian grandma before I even knew what poland was

So yeah, a lot of it is definitely passed down the generations
Slavic lore mixed with a little Elric is always how I saw it.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Anyone who complains about “black washing@ due to “it’s fucking Poland guys” is a complete fag and got dunked on by a loser in this thread talking about dragons.

presenting historical fact on this show about monsters is gay as fuck.

if you are annoyed they keep hiring shitty black actors because diversity.....then step on up because you are right. If they were casting Idris Elba it would be fine. But we are getting clear diversity casts of nobody actors with no skill.

there are very real complaints to be had beyond “my mom used to suck my dick as a child so now I crusade about the racial demographic of made up worlds not perfectly matching the real world that was used as a slight basis”

• 4Picard
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone who complains about “black washing@ due to “it’s fucking Poland guys” is a complete fag and got dunked on by a loser in this thread talking about dragons.

presenting historical fact on this show about monsters is gay as fuck.

if you are annoyed they keep hiring shitty black actors because diversity.....then step on up because you are right. If they were casting Idris Elba it would be fine. But we are getting clear diversity casts of nobody actors with no skill.

there are very real complaints to be had beyond “my mom used to suck my dick as a child so now I crusade about the racial demographic of made up worlds not perfectly matching the real world that was used as a slight basis”
Congratulations, you managed to be even fucking stupider than Xevy.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Double Worf

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It's not that I like it. It's that I don't care about it because the same reason you all care and cry is the same reason the other side cares and cry. I don't give a fuck and that's the difference. Pretending a culture is being erased because there's black women in the show instead of all white women is ludicrous. Especially since its NOT IN FUCKING POLAND!

The Lord of the Rings doesn't take place in England or Western Europe, but it is a clearly a tale that belongs to those places.

Just as the Witcher belongs to Poland.

You would have to be an idiot or a liar to think pushing black people into such stories isn't some sort of under-handed tactic by Hollywood, an institution with great cultural capital that seems to be using that capital to attack traditional European cultures/nations.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The Lord of the Rings doesn't take place in England or Western Europe, but it is a clearly a tale that belongs to those places.

Just as the Witcher belongs to Poland.

You would have to be an idiot or a liar to think pushing black people into such stories isn't some sort of under-handed tactic by Hollywood, an institution with great cultural capital that seems to be using that capital to attack traditional European cultures/nations.

Pretty much this.

Anyone who pretends that this isn't done on purpose, with a political agenda, is lying to themselves and others

And while I like the franchise a great deal and think Cavill makes a great Witcher, this nonstop racial propagandizing is a complete turn off to me. I'd love to hear what Andrzej Sapkowski thinks about Netflix turning all his attractive sorceresses into joggers

I wont watch it, it can die along with all the woke shit like Batwoman, Ghostbusters, etc.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I generally don't care about racial diversity in casting. But with Witcher 3 I have a huge problem with the Triss casting. The games gave us pretty detailed ideas of how these people should look. And Triss is a fucking babe. She is not a babe in the TV show. All the sorceresses should be hot af.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity