The Witcher

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Think the dude who tweeted that missed the point of the scene. As many things as there are wrong with the show, that wasn't really one of them.

The black bull actor is not going to fuck you dude.

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 8 users

Del

Vyemm Raider
Think the dude who tweeted that missed the point of the scene. As many things as there are wrong with the show, that wasn't really one of them.
Didn't even get to that point before I quit. The writing was so bad I lasted only 20 minutes

• 2Dislike
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm disappointed so far.

Why is it so hard to craft a compelling story. No one cares about any of this shit because there is no build up and no context to anything. It really does feel like they made this for people who are already familiar with the world.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I liked the show and I thought it was as enjoyable as Legend of the Seeker. I am sure it helped that I have played all the games (a couple times, in the case of 1 & 2), but I'm not fanatical about the IP. The SJW diversity insertions didn't bother me too much, as I didn't have much emotional investment in the characters, from the games, that they blackified, so far (outside of Triss, whom I liked in the first 2 games, but fell off in game 3).

The fantasy aspect allows me to keep my suspension of disbelief and write off too many blacks, mostly. Still, I couldn't help but look at it through a bit of a historical lens, so I justify it as some great migration, happened in that world, hundred of years previous to the events we see. Then I get to think of ways, durring the slow parts of the show, that the migration could have happened. One such way could be from an empire similar to the Ummayids (through Spain or Turkey) or maybe some alternate history, like the remnants of the Christian Aksumite Empire (Horn of Africa) took refuge from the Muslims in the European Christian lands (instead of getting slaughtered, force converted, or forced inland, like irl). Even something along the lines of a former slave trade that imported a bunch of foreign black fighters, or a reverse Varangian Guard situation.

I have worked and gamed with a decent amount of black nerds (whom all seem to be universally obsessed with Batman), like that Tyrone Magnus Youtuber linked in the Star Wars thread, and they were no different than the white nerds I worked and gamed with. So, It's much easier for me to jump through these hoops so the black nerd and geek bros have people to identify with, than stomach the such small travesties as reverse grip when sword fighting with one sword.

As a counterpoint, the actress that plays Fringilla is hideous, and "triggers" me every time she is on screen.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Enjoyed the first episode, by the time it was over I wasn't thinking of Superman dressed up as Geralt.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Whoever cast Triss should be hung from the neck until dead. Pelosi claiming the impeachment was a somber moment was more believable performance. Other than that so far not too bad.

• 1Worf

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The wannabe Westworld time jumps are stupid and almost ruin the show.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
"In the books, Fringilla is described as "ghastly pale" when confronted by Yen at Lodge meeting"

el oh el

• 1Worf

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
unsatisfying, disappointing, disjointed, muddled. After watching the entire thing my first impression was correct. This was made with the assumption the audience knew the main storyline and could follow the time arcs. It's too bad, my expectations were too high.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Witcher game player here.

This shit is the hottest of hot garbage.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
and fringilla, and the oh wait there's actually TONS of random ass blacks and browns in a show based on medieval Polish fantasy where everyone should basically be white as a fucking ghost.
This isn't Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Maul

Dental Dammer
I haven't read the books, does the nut give her power or some shit?

• 1Worf

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm disappointed so far.

Why is it so hard to craft a compelling story. No one cares about any of this shit because there is no build up and no context to anything. It really does feel like they made this for people who are already familiar with the world.

It wasn't made for people who read the books, because they fucked those people over with their shitty adaption. This wasn't made for anyone except Lauren Hissrich and her career.

This isn't Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Doesn't matter. It's not the fact they put black people in the series. It's the fact they took white characters and made them black because California needs the world to know how they feel about European culture.

I haven't read the books, does the nut give her power or some shit?

Yennifer is in the books, at best, a prominent side character. We never get her backstory in any detail. It's regulated to a few lines in one paragraph at the end of Blood of Elves.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I enjoyed this for what it was, me and my gf binged it yesterday. I didnt realize Triss was Triss for quite a while considering her hair only had a subtle tint of red in it and i somehow didnt hear her name the first go around. However i enjoyed it quite a bit and random black people are whatever, cant please everyone and hopefully people didnt come in expecting a book adaptation when i am pretty sure they said that it wouldnt be a 1:1 book adaptation from the start (from what i recall).

Hunchback sex was,...weird and Yen ver 2.0 was hot as shit and batshit crazy which makes her a total 10.

Beyond that my main gripe was the ending, and any plot of any movie where the focal point is a child because they are always,...ALWAYS stupid and make dumb choices.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Overall it's like a C+, bordering on B+ in a couple of episodes.

Cavill and Yenn are pretty great throughout. I even liked the bard. Casting midgets for the dwarves was pretty lol though as they waddle around awkwardly yet are supposed to be "hunters".

CGI is really bad in some places and the show looks kinda "cheap" more than once, but it looks quite good in others. I'm not really sure what is up with this cause it swings pretty wildly from one end to the other? Even his wig does this, and looks like a dry piece of straw glued to his head in some scenes and in others it legit looks like he grew his hair out?

The time skip shit was way too cute for this show and reeks of West World fanboyism. Show was not complex or written well enough for that shit.

The tone of things at the very least is pretty spot on. Geralt is salty fuck, monsters aren't all really monsters, royalty are all cunts, etc.

Highlight of the show is Cavills delivery of "fuck" at various intervals. A+ Geralt channeling on those.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Nooooooo. The red head bitch wasn't pale enough! She was replaced with...A hot chick.(She even black?) A hot chick that us fantasy bros might recognize. And she was pretty good in her role. This wasn't really one to even get upset over IMO. It's not like they cast Geralt with Samuel Jackson.

How about the fact ol' girl had a jawbreaker in her mouth that was absolutely silly looking, not deformed. I know we all saw the taking off the glasses, and letting down the hair moment to make her hot coming a mile away. The worst? That they had midgets as dwarves. Like fuckin 2 foot tall midgets! The absurd waddling...

Show was meh to OK. Triss was like number 10 on the list of complaints.

I mean come on! I'd drink her bath water!

Anna.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users