The Witcher

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The issue with Yen is mostly how she is written. She has always been smug and cunty in the books and games, but not the kind of outright evil twat who takes pleasure in her peers being turned into eels and used as batteries for the wiz house lights forever. The character, as it exists in the series, is just unlikable and unsympathetic outside of seeing her giant ta-tas. Maybe the writing can fix that part, but maybe not. The casting choice, well the girl can act well enough, but casting an Indian in a role that has a very well defined description that does not jibe with her big slurpy stirring nose and round non-Nordic face just smacks of "diversity hire". A great actor/actress can be ignored in that situation (Elba as Heimdal, Swinton as Sorcerer Supreme, ect), but she is not in that bracket of actress. Pair that with it leaking that they were specifically looking for a Wakandan to play Ciri, and its infuriating bullshit for those of us who want the source material honored. If she gets better than being just a giant cunt attached to a set of tits and the writing improves, then I will revise that assessment. But for now, it is just another example of Netflix gonna Netflix.

The Triss casting is a total disaster, however. Like Black Starfire in TT bad. She cannot act and looks absolutely nothing like the character in the source material. The giant fucking Brahma looking dude who was captain of the Temerian guard, in a country that had no other apparent black people? He did his part well enough that I was fine with it. Same with the Scolatai Wakandan and the guy at the Sorcerer Lodge. The Triss actress though could not be worse if it was Tyler Perry in drag playing the part. As someone who both read the books and played the games, its completely rage inducing. If you are going to brownwash characters from well established source material, you better make fucking sure the person can act and act well. We are getting a reverse Lazuras from Tropic Thunder without the humor.
giphy.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
She didn't take pleasure in her friends getting turned to eels. It's one of the things that drove her away from Aretuza. She even pointed that out while talking shit about the academy to the other young sorceresses-in-training.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
the exact three wishes were:

1. I just want some damn peace (to which the djinn immediately silences Jaskier)
2. I want you to burst, you son of a whore (the jailor)
3. I want you to be... indistinct mumbling...

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah we never get the exact words he says. They surmise that he tied his fate to hers. In doing so the djinn couldn’t kill her without killing him or some way of phrasing it, thus he saves her but then they are bound together and never know truly if they love each other or it’s the magic

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Russian version of 'Valley o' Plenty"

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Man, just got to the Triss reveal and I have to say that if she was just hotter than I don't even think that i'd have a problem with the swap. She is just so homely and looks like she doesn't use a hairbrush or makeup.

I really like the damn song. It was stuck in my head on Christmas and my wife looked at me like I was a fucking super nerd when she heard me whisper "toss a coin to your witcher."

• 1Worf

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just wish the magic aspect of the show was better understood and had some type of guidelines or consistency.

Don't forget Yennefer doing swordfights and conveniently not using her magic when the plot needs it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Man, just got to the Triss reveal and I have to say that if she was just hotter than I don't even think that i'd have a problem with the swap. She is just so homely and looks like she doesn't use a hairbrush or makeup.

What's wrong with looking like you do ass to mouth?

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Every woman I've ever met looks like she does ass to mouth. But my optometrist tells me my eyes are fine.

• 8Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
What's wrong with looking like you do ass to mouth?
Every woman I've ever met looks like she does ass to mouth. But my optometrist tells me my eyes are fine.
They all do if you do it right...What were we talking about again?

I think I would prefer Russell Crowe for Vesemir; He has a better frame for it, plus he and Henry Cavill have a real-life relationship that works for the role. I mean, I love Luke Skywalker like every kid born in the 1970's but Mark is on the small side. We know he is in fairly good shape, though, and the last time I saw pics of Russell Crowe he needs a little working out' maybe even a lot of working out, and some CGI? Still my previous points stand.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The problem is that despite his aged appearance Vesemir is still physically very capable, and I cringe at the thought of Hamill trying to do action scenes at 68 years old. Particularly when the fight choreography is one of the few things that this show has gotten very right. I also wouldn't expect to see any big name castings for secondary characters, even someone as important to Ciri's growth as Uncle Vesemir.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Just give me Charles Dance as the older Emhyr var Emreis and I'll be so fucking happy.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Vesemir will be a diversity hire. So pick a transgender no white. I'm going with this guy.
1577514074266.png

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Witcher 3 apparently hit 85k concurrent players on steam today. That's day one release of a popular AAA title level numbers. The show is doing good things for CDPR

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users