The Witcher

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Witcher 3 apparently hit 85k concurrent players on steam today. That's day one release of a popular AAA title level numbers. The show is doing good things for CDPR
I'm one of them. I fired it back up. Since I cannot find any of my old saves I'm starting from zero again too.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking of, if that was his final wish...what were the first two? I understand the misdirection with who we thought made them, but when did Geralt make the first two, to be on his last one?

I know this has been answered, but is this something that regularly happens around you that you thought nothing of it? :D

vcGkpZ2.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Not sure I am a fan of the Actress playing Ciri, however they nailed Yennefer, she steals the show every time she is on screen.
I'm only on episode 3, but I don't find this Yen attractive at all. When she makes her appearance at the ball (after the transformation) and everyone was looking at her in awe....I was like, "meh....I'll take that big titty blonde thank-you-very-much."

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I'm only on episode 3, but I don't find this Yen attractive at all. When she makes her appearance at the ball (after the transformation) and everyone was looking at her in awe....I was like, "meh....I'll take that big titty blonde thank-you-very-much."

It gets better imo and I thought the same thing, but if you are hoping for eastern european... may still disappoint.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Christ almighty she really needs cleavage on display to distract attention from that nose. I never even noticed it in the Witcher but her imdb photos make me cringe.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
So never read the books or played the game. Why did those mages working with Frangorilla (lol when I read that a few pages back I actually stopped and had to think if that really was her char name) cast spells on her order that they KNEW would turn themselves into dust in the last episode? I'd of been like "see ya wakandess!" and portal out.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The forbidden nilfgaardian magic is something that honestly should have had an entire episode all of its own to explain, except then we would have had to sit through an entire episode of Fringilla Negro's terrible acting.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
So I just watched this since it has been getting so much attention. As someone who knows nothing of the source material and never played the games I didn't have any expectations going into it really. In general I enjoyed the season as a kind of hokey fantasy series but there are some things that just didn't do it for me. As others have said here that Yeniffer bitch just isn't very attractive, I mean she has nice titties but a total butter face. They make this whole thing about how mages can reshape their appearance and you choose that. Also this is the first series with American Inventor elves I have ever heard of. I mean the female forest wakandas were one thing but whatever. I'll watch a 2nd season when they make it but this is some Hercules/Xena level TV, it might have a few fucks, titties, and some blood but it's still on that shit tier level of writing. So far the wokeness hasn't killed the show for me but it does bleed through in some places for sure.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Also this is the first series with American Inventor elves I have ever heard of.
Yeah, it doesn't "feel" right having blacks play elves. Sure, there exists dark elves in EverQuest, D&D, etc. but their skin tone is more blackish-blue and still have delicate features.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Having loved Witcher 3, I loved every single second of this show.

I have Witcher 2 but haven't played it yet, I think I shall fire that up.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I just watched this since it has been getting so much attention. As someone who knows nothing of the source material and never played the games I didn't have any expectations going into it really. In general I enjoyed the season as a kind of hokey fantasy series but there are some things that just didn't do it for me. As others have said here that Yeniffer bitch just isn't very attractive, I mean she has nice titties but a total butter face. They make this whole thing about how mages can reshape their appearance and you choose that. Also this is the first series with American Inventor elves I have ever heard of. I mean the female forest wakandas were one thing but whatever. I'll watch a 2nd season when they make it but this is some Hercules/Xena level TV, it might have a few fucks, titties, and some blood but it's still on that shit tier level of writing. So far the wokeness hasn't killed the show for me but it does bleed through in some places for sure.

I thought Yeniffer was decent enough to be passable, but the whole 'sorcerers get to use magic to improve their beauty' thing was my main issue with the Fringilla cast.

I have thought about it more though, and I guess they dont have to select for beauty; just make the changes that they wish to make. So, in order to help my suspension of disbelief, I have decided that Fringilla, in the TV show, decided to look simple, so people would more easily underestimate her.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Finished it up - overall I thought it was good, but not great. Maybe 7/10 overall.

Cavill was awesome, the scenery was great ( particularly the castle they were defending, although they obviously didn't have permission to film inside it ;p ), fights were great, overall effects were good, nice tits were a pleasant surprise.

On the downside the storyline felt really disconnected - not quite standalone episodes, but not quite an overarching story either. There seemed to be some weird contradiction in there too - like Yennefer whining about how she didn't get a choice about babies, when like two episodes ago she forces the guy to do it, the guy clearly and straightforwardly explained it to her, and she said fuck it, I'm in.

Game of Thrones production quality really hurt future fantasy shows though, this didn't have the budget to compete, and while it would have been great if GoT didn't exist, now the costumes and set pieces just seem a bit cheap.

Acting wise was a pretty mixed bag, Cavill obviously great, Renfry was good, Yennefer was fine, Ciri was fine, Fringilla was bad, Elf boy was godawful and made no sense ( Hi, I rescued you just so I could tell you to go fuck yourself to your face - see ya ).

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There seemed to be some weird contradiction in there too - like Yennefer whining about how she didn't get a choice about babies, when like two episodes ago she forces the guy to do it, the guy clearly and straightforwardly explained it to her, and she said fuck it, I'm in.

Ok so I'm not imagining things. She absolutely made that choice herself, it wasn't forced on her.

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I thought Yeniffer was decent enough to be passable, but the whole 'sorcerers get to use magic to improve their beauty' thing was my main issue with the Fringilla cast.

I have thought about it more though, and I guess they dont have to select for beauty; just make the changes that they wish to make. So, in order to help my suspension of disbelief, I have decided that Fringilla, in the TV show, decided to look simple, so people would more easily underestimate her.
8tqhlw1rtwb31.png

I tried turning down brightness to 'they are the same'-level. The monitor interrupted with 'no signal'. Hmm.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Elf boy (Dara?) might be the WORSE character in a modern TV series, not only from an acting standpoint which was atrocious, but from a plot standpoint as well.

His character made literally zero sense. The entire Ciri shit was just misguided and mostly wasted screen time.

• 1Solidarity

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have been slowly rewatching, and noticed Yeniffer the rapist today:

When Geralt meets Yeniffer for the first time with the orgy going, she waved her hands, released her spell, and all the people got up and stared at each other like "how did I get here" and "this is not my beautiful wife." It wasn't an illusion, like the scene in Stregobor's (the first Wizzard we meet) tower. I would assume they were all from the village and did not sign a consent form!

I wonder how Yeniffer being a mass rapist fits in with the whole SJW thing. To quote Chapelle: She rapes, but she saves, and she saves more than she rapes, but she probably does rape...

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I am okay with the storyline. Cavill is great, but we can use a red hair Triss, Yennefer on the other hand is not bad, her acting is good, but she is def not hot enough at least compare to the game.

• 1Like