The Witcher

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Also Ciri kinda looks like some sort of artificially aged child pageant contestant. Dunno if they are trying to artificially age her, hired a drag queen to do makeup, or they are trying to cover up a bad rosacea breakout, but she looks artificial.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also Ciri kinda looks like some sort of artificially aged child pageant contestant. Dunno if they are trying to artificially age her, hired a drag queen to do makeup, or they are trying to cover up a bad rosacea breakout, but she looks artificial.
The actress wears a lot of make-up it seems. Hard to find any picture with her not wearing it.

1688602903898.png

Cybsled

Unless you can find some rare candid or paparazzi shot where they aren't wearing any makeup because they just rolled out of bed to take their pet outside to pee or have been at a beach all day, looking for a "makeup-less" photo of any actress is usually an exercise in futility

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
the really bad part is apparently the next show up is called The Rats and its gonna center around 6 teenage kids we see in the final half of season 3 doing stupid heists and shit.

I'm guessing it'll make Blood Origins look like Shakespeare. If you thought Witcher has been bad so far, just you wait till we get a full CW show version!

hopefully Rats does so bad Netflix finally pulls the plug on the whole thing and cancels the main show and all spinoffs. The Rats spinoff was supposed to film for 4 months and be 8 episodes, but they cut filming down to 2 months (LOL?) and people are speculating its just gonna be a 90 minute movie now instead

The rats section of the books is probably the worst part of the books. I can see some marketing genious think it’s a way to bring in more di(per)vercity into the show, but the storyline sucks. It doesn’t fit the rest of the flow of the Witcher storyline. It’s a great way to kill off the series

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting

It is as if the AI was creating them from their known descriptions. If you wanted to actually do the story and the characters justice, you would just let the AI create the series. Well, at least Geralt was pretty damn close. I bet the show would be very popular if the actors and writing had been directed close to the source material.

Oh yeah I forgot,

That AI is racist. Not one black person.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watching the first episode of the new season. Geralt is apparently a house wife now.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didnt think this was bad, but it sure was boring. Hopefully it ends with a bang but I doubt it.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
3 episodes in - was Ciri this annoying in the books? Yeah, all teenage girls are annoying to some degree, but she sucks. Every one of her scenes that doesn't involve Geralt is a pain.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
3 episodes in - was Ciri this annoying in the books? Yeah, all teenage girls are annoying to some degree, but she sucks. Every one of her scenes that doesn't involve Geralt is a pain.

She had annoying moments, but they were in character for a teenage girl trying to figure shit out. Her scenes with Yen figuring out magic and warming up to one another were really good in the books despite Ciri being a brat at times. In the show they're both sorta terrible characters with very little chemistry.

The problem in the show is instead of letting action and subtext define the characters we get little melodramatic monologues that are just bad, but especially if Ciri is involved. Yen is poorly done in the show imo too for similar reasons.

Books way better. Audio books have been well acted.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Like The Last of Us, they should have just included the Witcher game writing team from the start.

Whatever people they have writing and directing this show is incredibly inept.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seriously, why don't the hire more people from the video games? I know why but it's such an easy thing to do

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
The lbgqtxxxxx writers and producers would just ignore their input anyway, like Cavill's, and call them misogynists/bigots/whatever for not wanting to go along with extremely stupid changes.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

because the creators of Last of us were giant SJWS, who wanted to be making movies in the first place. so the SJWS who only hire via chronism and political virtue signaling, had no problem hiring the actual creators.

Its like asking why so many failed webomics, or comics get optioned for movies/tv, like Nimona, she ra, etc. Either the comic was just a TV pitch in the first place, or they creator virtue signaled nonstop, had the right politics, so got optioned to work in movies/tv.

If the creator doesn't virtue signal, and they make something successful. well then that needs to be captured, and creator replaced.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I stopped watching after the first episode of the new season. Looks like I made the right choice.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I stopped watching after the first episode of the new season. Looks like I made the right choice.

I haven't watched any and really need someone to tell me in late July if there were any good episodes this season. Since Cavill has already moved on, I don't think it's supporting him to watch this shit, so I just want to know if there are any redeeming episodes left to give me something of his last season. It's a damn shame but hopefully the writers strike helps thin out the shit....which is basically all of them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Netflix doesn't care, but the writers/producers 100% deliberately want it the way they made it and if it's not popular it's because

Shitty ratings are not going convince the show creators to change their ways, they will die on that hill. Netflix simply axes it and moves on to another franchise if it gets too bad to be profitable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
I haven't watched any and really need someone to tell me in late July if there were any good episodes this season. Since Cavill has already moved on, I don't think it's supporting him to watch this shit, so I just want to know if there are any redeeming episodes left to give me something of his last season. It's a damn shame but hopefully the writers strike helps thin out the shit....which is basically all of them.

there are a handful of good scenes, basically whenever Geralt is on screen, and 2 cool monster fights across 5 episodes. The fifth (last) episode is a sort of Oceans 11 multiple time cut/flashback episode which is interesting from a technical level but not really compelling story wise. The second half drops in 10 days and most will see it as a series finale since Cavill is gone after that.

I guess charitably you can say its worth a watch if you watched seasons 1 & 2, you've already eaten the well done steak, why stop at the fat cap smothered in ketchup. If you haven't watched any of the witcher, I wouldn't start.

• 1Worf