The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The movie kind of sucked. Its just insanely over the top and there's no reprieve. When you have some loud insane screaming scene or 50 hookers getting railed in the office, you need some lull so the audience can relax for a minute, but this movie just kept escalating, scene after scene. Its 3 hours of escalation after escalation. I got a massive headache. Leo was great as always and Jonah hill was good, but the movie was way, way too intense
You basically described Jordan Belfort's life so I'd say this is a ringing endorsement.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

supertouch_sl

shitlord
The movie follows the memoir pretty closely, but most of it is probably bullshit. And by most accounts, he's a bigger jerk than depicted in the movie.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I think it's strange that he's made motivational speaking his new career. Dude is a fucking psychopath. The fact that he got only 2 years in prison shows what a joke the U.S. justice system is.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
That's what happens when you can be used to put dozens of other people away for years and years. Something could be said for him with how he positioned himself in the event of his downfall.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Was highly enjoyable but all in all thought it dragged on too long and that the ending was a bit rushed. All of a sudden there's Jonah Hill hiding like a bitch while all his friends are locked up. Some really memorable scenes though that I'm still chuckling about hours later.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Movie was awesome but Brando is right that it dragged a bit about 3/4 through. All in all though I loved it and would give it an 8/10.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Just got done watching it, it really didn't need to be 3 hours long. Great performances all around but it did drag. Needed a solid 45-60 minutes trimmed off.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just watched it myself, and I enjoyed it. Like many of you, I'm pretty much a sucker for anything Leo does nowadays. I didn't like him early on in his career (apparently I'm one of the few people that HATED The Beach), but he's been fucking money for years now.

Not my favorite movie ever, and it was longer than it needed to be, but I'm glad that I watched it. I don't think I'll ever watch it again except for maybe nude scenes/unrated extras, but it was a good movie. I'd recommend others to watch it, which is sort of how I judge a movie that I'm not clearly raving about.

EDIT: I forgot, I'd have been pissed if someone called in the middle of The Equalizer too! Loved that show.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
45-60min? That would have butchered this movie. I can see maybe 25 minutes or so but to take a full 1/3 out of the fil would have destroyed it imo.

Also I don't get how the open letter from Jordan's daughter about how the movie portrayed him as a good guy who lived the high life with no consequences is true. I mean yes I get that they didn't really concentrate on the people he fucked over but the movie to me painted him as a horrible human being who was driven by greed, money, drugs and hookers.

Also I like when true stories always wrap up movies telling about what happened to them after the movie was all said and done and they didn't do that, which I thought was kind of a bummer.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I mean, I enjoy gratuitous TnA as much as the next guy but eventually it gets to a point where I just wanted to say "We get it, they love drugs and sex" Could have cut the scenes of just random debauchery that add nothing to the actual story and the movie would have been at least 30 minutes shorter with no effect whatsoever on the feel or the storyline.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The thought that upon initial submission this was going to get an NC17 rating is pretty funny, wonder what had to be cut when you consider what was in the movie.

They did say what happened to him, he went to jail and then became a motivational speaker.

Sterling

El Presidente
Movie was pretty good. Leo was good as he usually is these days and Margot Robbie is certainly a piece of ass.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
The thought that upon initial submission this was going to get an NC17 rating is pretty funny, wonder what had to be cut when you consider what was in the movie.

They did say what happened to him, he went to jail and then became a motivational speaker.
One thing I read was the legs spread scene was supposed to be more... graphic... a body double was involved.

In the actual movie nothing was shown.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That scene with him crawling out into the car was awesome. The Popeye cartoon giving him the powerup idea to go get the coke for strength had me dying.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah, that whole fucking scene with the Lemmon pills was fucking crazy. Everybody in the theatre was groaning when he was looking at rolling down those stairs with the thought he was going to fuck himself up bad.