The Wolverine

agripa

Molten Core Raider
It is his body and his money let the man do what ever he wants. He is still doing the work, it is like telling a gamer you are not a true gamer because you overclock your computer. Bullocks to that.

DMK_sl

shitlord
So mysterious..... Kabaddi?
Rugby League. It's the most popular smart in Australia but not a world wide sport. I've linked a video in another thread.
Anyway I'm not trying to be like "I'm such hard cunt" I'm just trying to give people an idea that USUALLY if you see someone massive and shredded and they aren't a pro-sports men or trying to be one they are on something and they will deny it untill their dying breath.

"Probably because athletes train for endurance and interval strength, not hypertrophy." @gavinrad We do a lot of hypertrophy training.

I don't mind at all if people want to get on the juice most of my friends if not all IRL have been on or are on the juice.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Probably because athletes train for endurance and interval strength, not hypertrophy.

Again, I'm not saying he hasn't taken PEDs, cause the simplest and most likely answer is that he has, but that picture isn't proof of anything. Nobody goes around looking ripped like that every single day regardless of what their training or drug regimen is. When you have a photoshoot coming up, you manipulate your water weight in the days/week leading up to the shoot to get that ridiculously ripped look. Professional bodybuilders do the exact same thing before competitions. It's purely aesthetics.

Take the exact same picture of Jackman a week before or a week after and he'll look fit but nowhere NEAR that ripped.
exactly. even professional body builders who are juicing don't look all that great until just before competition. they get "leaned out" just a day or so before the show by removing a lot of the water from their bodies which makes their muscles hard and vascular. hell, look at pics of someone like jay cutler when he's not close to show time, he actually looks pretty pudgy. the other thing is, like others have stated, who the fuck cares if he is taking steroids? they fucking work! what he did in a few months leading up to this movie would probably take a few years without them. and steroids by themselves don't do shit. you still have to have an almost perfect diet and lift your ass off to get the full benefits of taking them. there are plenty of people at my gym who are on them right now and still look like shit with big guts because their diet still sucks.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I agree that you still have to work hard etc etc. But you only have to look at professional boxers to see that only guys below 80 kilos can look close to that shredded anything higher and MOST don't. Simply look at guys like Mike Tyson Ali I garuntee they trained WAY harder then Hugh Jackman and they have to lose all water weight before a weigh in. These guys are some of the most Alpha males in the world with extremely high testosterone levles and the DNA to back it up and they still don't look as ripped. It's ok if u guys don't agree with me just trying to put things in prospective.

Personally good on him he would have had to work SUPER hard.

Sceleris_sl

shitlord
He's omega based on his potential. He simply doesn't know how. Emma frost once mind controlled him or something and totally wrecked stuff with his powers to a degree that bobby has never shown since. And isn't prof x omega level as well?
The brother of colussus went nuts and killed a bunch of morlocks, but not before he told iceman he needed to stop goofing off and tap into his near infinite power...bobby drake until that point never knew what he was capable of, because everyone treated him as a class clown.

Few comics later he absorbs a small lake to grow to immense proportions and roflstomps juggernaut.

That and emma frost taking over his body really showed how terrifyingly powerfull a man is who can use water to his advantage....on a planet existing for what? 80% out of water? The air around him has water particles he can freeze, not to mention what he can do to huans.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm a Union player DMK, and I think the disconnect we're hitting here is that we (athletes) are training for power/performance/speed/etc, while someone like Jackedman isn't concerned about functionality at all. His routine is probably packed with negatives and other stupid shit, combined with ridiculous cutting phases to get as vascular as possible. No one I play with looks anything like he does either(one of our wings is close, fucking prettyboy), especially not me, but he also isn't going to run what we can, or bench what we do, etc. Training for looks like that is just a different routine and I don't generally find wise, but to each their own.

Edit: Example, this is a kid I know. He looks better than I ever have, but he benches a pathetic 165. He does nothing but crossfit and cut to stay "shredded" like he wants.

rKyfeNz.jpg

Arakkis

N00b
It's called testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) nowadays, but really it is just a doctor controlled course of roids that gets a 30-40 year old man to the testosterone level of a teenager. TRT will probably become the standard for pro athletes that want to sustain their career past the normal shelf life of mid 40s. Unless you play a pussy sport like rugby that isn't really physically demanding.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I'm a Union player DMK, and I think the disconnect we're hitting here is that we (athletes) are training for power/performance/speed/etc, while someone like Jackedman isn't concerned about functionality at all. His routine is probably packed with negatives and other stupid shit, combined with ridiculous cutting phases to get as vascular as possible. No one I play with looks anything like he does either(one of our wings is close, fucking prettyboy), especially not me, but he also isn't going to run what we can, or bench what we do, etc. Training for looks like that is just a different routine and I don't generally find wise, but to each their own.

Edit: Example, this is a kid I know. He looks better than I ever have, but he benches a pathetic 165. He does nothing but crossfit and cut to stay "shredded" like he wants.

rKyfeNz.jpg
I guess it would also be good to know what he actually weighs at the time of the movie. You know is he actually only 80kg's or is he a solid 90lgs.

Oh don't get me started on pathetic cross-fit shit. Also as a disclaimer I'm not some big guy that can't get ripped so this isn't a jealousy thing. On the contrary I'm very lucky I'm 181cm's 90kgs with very low body fat. I'd consider myself a smaller guy that has to train hard to get big. A lot of people are just really misinformed and don't realise how common steroids etc are. I think one day I may try pep-tides as I've been a sportsmen since I was young I'd love to feel the difference and how much it helps just to see what it's like.

You play union professionally mate?

cypis

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm pretty sure he's full of shit. A couple of posts ago he was saying that Hugh Jackman is on peptides. I mean, peptides? Really? Why would anyone with access to pharma grade roids and hgh take peptides - which offer almost zero gains and massive side effects compared to gear? I mean, they're LEGAL for christ sake.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You play union professionally mate?
Naw, I live in the states, not much of a market here for it. I played all through college and we have local clubs, but nothing approaching pro to speak of unfortunately =\

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Supposedly Jackman called up the Rock for advice on diet/training for this movie, and the Rock laid out the 3 hours a day in the gym with specific exercises on a 6000 calorie diet emphasizing protein or some shit. Jackman said he was eating steamed chicken breasts every day for 6 months and can't even look at it again. Sure it's likely he popped some HGH or some other shit to help it along, but he definitely put in some work as well.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Regardless of what the Jackman did that shit fucking worked. Big and fucking cut, probably the best he's looked as Wolverine in any of the movies.

Edit: Movie review...it was decent enough I guess. Red-haired asian chick was a god damned badass, the ending after the credits rolled had me fucking giddy as shit though. The three best cast characters in the X-Men series all returning in the next movie? Yes please.

DMK_sl

shitlord
No one is debating whether he worked hard or not because he definitely did. Earlier people were trying to say he wasn't on shit and he just worked hard. Simply not true.