The Wolverine

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He's omega based on his potential. He simply doesn't know how. Emma frost once mind controlled him or something and totally wrecked stuff with his powers to a degree that bobby has never shown since. And isn't prof x omega level as well?

Caliane

omega is only 50% power level shenanigans, and 50% "maximized potential of x-gene" That is a bit of a vague statement. The "max potential" means basically, no Iceman can be stronger then him, his kids won't be stronger then him. As opposed to Scott+Jean and Sinister trying to get their genes to make super powerful mutants. scotts powers, could in fact be stronger.

Also, even on raw power level, Iceman is pretty retarded at this point. He is immortal, ice powers work on a global and beyond scale, he can make clones, he can turn into water, or ice.
Originally he was just covered in ice, could make ice form.
now he turns into ice entirely. Can be broken, melted, etc, and reform himself. Make clones as well.
He can create absolute zero. Can effect weather on a global scale. and so on.

As noted, hes kindof a bro. and doesn't normally tap into that stuff. Particularly as a kid, didn't know his full potential is the retcon. He got injured in ice form, and was able to heal himself. working with Emma.

Alt universe versions of him, have gone full out. 616 main universe is still human.. but does have full access to that level of powers if something sets him off.

Who is and itsn't often varies by author.
Xavier and Magneto are not confirmed Omegas.... yet.... We have Magento controling the Earths eletromagnetic field, or "sensing" phoenix and metal objects outside the solar system.

Elixir for example is also an Omega level mutant.
However, his powers are not typical for "power levels". he can control organic matter. Cure anything. no known limits.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So is professor X not an Omega because he needs the help of Cerebro to kill every living being on the planet?

Troll_sl

shitlord
He's omega based on his potential. He simply doesn't know how. Emma frost once mind controlled him or something and totally wrecked stuff with his powers to a degree that bobby has never shown since. And isn't prof x omega level as well?
AoA Iceman is also insanely powerful compared to every-day Bobby Drake.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Couldn't one of the versions of Iceman at one point like, straight up instant teleport via a body of water? I seem to remember something along the lines of him like, walking into a river, and popping up instantly on the other side of the country/planet via transport through a connecting body of water.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have a link to the comic of Wolvie having to take down the kid that killed people accidentally?

Syringed_sl

shitlord
I swore I read at one point that any mutants capable of storing and releasing energy blasts (Jubilee, Dazzler, Cyclops, Gambit ect) could be considered Omega? Reason for this being that Xaiver mentioned that someone like Gambit for example, could charge an object to the point that it could blow up a large city if he realized his true potential. Think Cyclops went apeshit at one point and vaporized a mountain with his optic blasts too.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sometimes they let Cyclops asplode stuff as a reminder that he can do more than wimpy pewpews.

gXJ6Pt6.jpg

7vL3E6C.jpg

HUH_sl

shitlord
I swore I read at one point that any mutants capable of storing and releasing energy blasts (Jubilee, Dazzler, Cyclops, Gambit ect) could be considered Omega? Reason for this being that Xaiver mentioned that someone like Gambit for example, could charge an object to the point that it could blow up a large city if he realized his true potential. Think Cyclops went apeshit at one point and vaporized a mountain with his optic blasts too.
I think there's some alternate reality version of Gambit who unlocked his true potential and has complete control over all kinetic energy. So he ended up being some god-like dude made out of pure energy that could travel through time, cross dimensions and do a bunch of crazy ass shit. You can take almost any comic power and theorycraft it to to absurd levels. All it takes is a writer willing to write it down and make it canon.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think there's some alternate reality version of Gambit who unlocked his true potential and has complete control over all kinetic energy. So he ended up being some god-like dude made out of pure energy that could travel through time, cross dimensions and do a bunch of crazy ass shit. You can take almost any comic power and theorycraft it to to absurd levels. All it takes is a writer willing to write it down and make it canon.
Was checkingversions of Gambit(still super gay) and I think you mean this one.

New Sun/Son

Basically asploded his world and went to other realities hunting down other Gambits to keep it from happening to their worlds. So he was doing God's work.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so...i saw the movie and was not bad.loved the fights and yukio's character but there were 3 things....
1)when wolverine was fighting with mariko's father ,i thought adamantium would cut through anything but no.many times he hit logan,even stabbing him and his sword would not break.
2)the story was fucking predictable.when the old dude said he wanted immortality,i knew he didn't die when they said he did and in the end,he was going to be the bad guy.but i didn't think he was going to be not inside that adamantium armor.
3)i thought the healing power of wolverine was impossible to be removed the way yashida was doing

Caliane

well thats the idea. An omega is that person potential fully realized. note, that any given person may not have that capacity. Like Jubilee can't get stronger. but her children might, or a clone, etc.
(ps, she is also a vampire now)

An omega cyclops for example, would probably also be an energy being, like that Gambit. He has already talked about how he has to constantly hold back the punches. if he every just let it out, it would probably tear his body apart leaving only punch dimension.
In theory, Cyc might be Omega, but is holding back because he knows him going Omega would destroy the world. on the other hand, Sinestro probably would have noticed if Scott already was Omega on the genetic level.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Haven't seen this movie or read the thread, but did it come up that action stars in hollywood are all on steroids now?

This is a 44 year old dude:

56cb13b23231957ef4c8be6e1f7e91f3.jpeg

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Never underestimate the ability to be in amazing physical shape when you are super rich and your job is to be in amazing physical shape all the time. And probably roids, but the other shit doesn't hurt!~

Caliane

And frankly, this isn't 1975. Alot of that shit is very safe.
Much of it being illegal or banned from sports is horseshit.

Look at Barry, Clemens, Lance. Steroids aid in healing from injury, lengthen careers, etc. Why is this a bad thing? why do we WANT our athletes to be injured?