The X-Files

spronk

FPS noob
"The X-Files" Season 11 Premiere Date Announced; Check Out Official Poster - Bloody Disgusting

You didn't read the date wrong, season 11 will premiere on January 3d, 2018 aka less than 2 months away. I guess the season (or most of it?) is already in the can, I didn't even realize they had started filming it. Pretty cool. Hope its better than the last season, although that really can't be that hard.

Most of the episodes are going to focus on monster of the week kinda stuff so that seems a big plus, the myth arc last season was wretchedly bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I still want to do dirty sexual things with Scully after all these years.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the GF and i have been working our way through every episode of X Files, and the causality paradoxes in the season 4 time travel episode really bug me.

that is all.

• 1Worf

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
26195904_1536644256373302_1519660424778335689_n.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
This franchise should have ended in Season 7, preferably in Season 5 since it was clear by then that Carter was just pulling shit out of his ass.

The Season 11 Retcon is a fucking atrocity, someone take this show out back behind the shed and end it.

Signed,
One of the biggest X-Files fans ever.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This franchise should have ended in Season 7, preferably in Season 5 since it was clear by then that Carter was just pulling shit out of his ass.

The Season 11 Retcon is a fucking atrocity, someone take this show out back behind the shed and end it.

Signed,
One of the biggest X-Files fans ever.

my girlfriend and i have been slowly making our way through every episode of X Files. we just made it through season 5, which we enjoyed, and were excited that we had made it to the point where we get to watch the movie. the movie was........ eh. i remembered really liking it when i was a kid, but there are quite a few "jump the shark" moments in it. our motivation to keep watching has dwindled.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
my girlfriend and i have been slowly making our way through every episode of X Files. we just made it through season 5, which we enjoyed, and were excited that we had made it to the point where we get to watch the movie. the movie was........ eh. i remembered really liking it when i was a kid, but there are quite a few "jump the shark" moments in it. our motivation to keep watching has dwindled.

The movie is a good reference point for when it all started hitting the skids. The mythology was getting a bit wobbly by then but by end of Season 6 it was just bad.

Once you see the Cassandra Spender storyline and the Africa finale at end of Season 6, you'll see what I'm talking about. I suggest pulling the ripcord now so you have fond memories of this show

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Actually I forgot, there are like 7 really good standalone episodes in Season 6

Pull ripcord after Season 6.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I fucking hate this shit. S10 I think had 1 or 2 good episodes, one of them being that humor one.

Ending of S10 pissed me off so much, and beginning of S11 is just as bad. Why do I keep watching?!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Actually I forgot, there are like 7 really good standalone episodes in Season 6

Pull ripcord after Season 6.

So we are five episodes into season 6. When Mulder went back in time I went along with it, but then a two part episode where Mulder switched bodies with a scumbag ended in silly "oh time is rewinding" deus ex machina ridiculousness and idk man. Idk.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
So we are five episodes into season 6. When Mulder went back in time I went along with it, but then a two part episode where Mulder switched bodies with a scumbag ended in silly "oh time is rewinding" deus ex machina ridiculousness and idk man. Idk.

Yeah, season 6 and onwards is when they moved production from Vancouver to California and started getting really "quirky" so there's a big change in tone as well, not just the setting.

Wait till you see "How the Ghosts Stole Christmas"

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Wait till you see "How the Ghosts Stole Christmas"

That's where we ended the night actually... Was probably my favorite of the season so far (which isn't saying much). All the episodes so far were out of the ordinary for X Files, but the Christmas one was more campy than quirky? Would be the way to put it I guess. I'm a big fan of stuff like Evil Dead, so campy horror is a change of pace I enjoy.

Idk what they were thinking putting all these weird episodes right after the movie, tho. Its not at all what you would expect after the movie. Audiences were probably pretty confused.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
That's where we ended the night actually... Was probably my favorite of the season so far (which isn't saying much). All the episodes so far were out of the ordinary for X Files, but the Christmas one was more campy than quirky? Would be the way to put it I guess. I'm a big fan of stuff like Evil Dead, so campy horror is a change of pace I enjoy.

Idk what they were thinking putting all these weird episodes right after the movie, tho. Its not at all what you would expect after the movie. Audiences were probably pretty confused.

Mulder was hauling down 20M+ viewers every sunday and thought he was bigger than Jesus

• 1Worf