The Xenoblade Chronicles Appreciation/Anticipation thread! 3DS/Wi U - YES

spronk

FPS noob
its oos right now but the refurb one is the best deal, its actually a brand new unit and comes with 3d Mario apparently now installed (digital) plus disc Nintendoland. $205+tax, hard to beat.
Shop Nintendo | Nintendo Online Store

otherwise it drops to $250 regularly, but $299 msrp isn't bad if you want it right right now. if you love xenoblade you may wanna wait and see if they release a xenoblade special edition wii u when the game launches

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
"One of the best RPGs of the century" okay, that's a lot of hype. How does it actually compare to other RPGs, though? Like Bravely Default?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Better then BD for sure, and I liked BD. I don't know if I would call it best RPG of the century but it's pretty damn good overall. Music is A++.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Make sure to remember the word "One" of the best. In that same arena I would list (So far)

Ni No Kuni
Persona 4
Bravely Default

What I personally like more than the others is the character development piece, along with really liking the combat in Xenoblade over some others.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I got this game working awesome on Dolphin, took forever to figure it out. But then I lost interest for a few weeks about a third of the way through and wiped my computer and don't want to set that shit back up.
My buddy was saying this too, i'm gonna try it out at some point.. i ended up stopping my original playthrough ~45 hours into the game or something and can't remember why. 1080p version of this sounds awesome though

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Make sure to remember the word "One" of the best. In that same arena I would list (So far)

Ni No Kuni
Persona 4
Bravely Default

What I personally like more than the others is the character development piece, along with really liking the combat in Xenoblade over some others.
And just so I'm getting more of an idea (since I have not played Ni No Kuni or P4), how did you feel about The World Ends with You?

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
"One of the best RPGs of the century" okay, that's a lot of hype. How does it actually compare to other RPGs, though? Like Bravely Default?
It's not one of the best of the century. It's OK. I think people just liked it because there wasn't a lot that stood out in that genre for the Wii. It actually is very, very flawed. It's hard to even call it a JRPG with the combat system it uses.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
It's not one of the best of the century. It's OK. I think people just liked it because there wasn't a lot that stood out in that genre for the Wii. It actually is very, very flawed. It's hard to even call it a JRPG with the combat system it uses.
Is it like full action combat? I'm still down with that.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Is it like full action combat? I'm still down with that.
Visually similar to FF 12, in the lines and targeting. Positioning counts (flanking, backstabs and so on). However, unlike FF 12, it pauses the combat when entering the menus to select skills. Range and line of sight also matters for enemies, so you can use terrain to your advantage. I spent 20 minutes running in circles around a rock being chased by a mob that dropped half my hp with each hit. So I hit, ran, healed, ran until heal cooldown was over, rinse repeat.

Granted I only played until I left the first town (3-4 hours?), so have no doubt the system will evolve even further, but the combat wasn't bad. Quite decent actually.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I've played nearly every JRPG you can consider best JRPG of all time and I'd put it 4th or 5th in my list below Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, and Persona 4.

Not for the combat or anything either - mostly the story, the epic scale of the world, and the characters.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
The beginning of the new trailer made me think of the Eldridge crash in gears. Would be a pretty sweet tie in if it was the same ship but it probably has nothing to do with it.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Im lazy and I lost my HDD that had this on it. Anyone have a packaged emu+iso with HD textures already ready for this? I need to get this game off my list. I'll pay you with a internet.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've played nearly every JRPG you can consider best JRPG of all time and I'd put it 4th or 5th in my list below Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, and Persona 4.

Not for the combat or anything either - mostly the story, the epic scale of the world, and the characters.
The story is mediocre, the scale of the world is pretty cool but I still end up getting that hubish feeling because of the multitude of secondary quests guiding you around by the hand, and the characters are mostly laughable. I really feel like the hype behind this game was influenced by the console it came out on and the nature of the game itself. This really isn't a traditional JRPG at all.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the sidequests are just filler, just stick to the main quest.

It's subjective, but most people agree it's a great game. Maybe it is boosted by the lack of good JRPGs to come out in the last decade or so, but whatever.

No one makes 90s traditional JRPGs anymore.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Just noticed this thread. Everything this guy has made I loved. Xenogears is still my all time favorite along side ff7. Xenosaga was really underrated as well. Great combat system especially in 2.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Chrono trigger is still awesome to play without any sort of graphical updates.