The Xenoblade Chronicles Appreciation/Anticipation thread! 3DS/Wi U - YES

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah Nintendo favors 60fps > 1080p, although they have managed both on some titles and this game has crazy huge environments so would be tough with Wii U's hardware.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
OK. How does a combat system specifically define JRPG? You do realize that J stands for Japanese, right? Lol.
JRPG actually defines the general playstyle of the game more than anything. It was defined after Dragon Quest stole a number of concepts from Wizardry and defined them in it's own, Japanese way. Combat is a very large part of this. That anime style with it's manic gesticulations is more Japanese in actuality. JRPG has been used more commonly to define games like the SNES RPG's that we all love and the mechanics that come with them. It later came back to describe games whose mechanics did not depart from this mainstay (Persona, SMT, etc).

It would be odd for someone to call Illusion of Gaia, Soul Blazer or Terranigma a JRPG when it's really more of an action RPG. The combat style in Xenoblade is more action RPG.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Gah, why do the guns have to hover over the back like it's 1999? They couldn't think of some basic device they could be attached to? Almost as bad as when fingers couldn't be fully rendered.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
Just noticed this. Looks very nice. Is it worth playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3D before the X version? I need something to play when I need some alone time from MH4U
smile.png

Needless

Toe Sucker
If you can emulate it on PC, do that.. if 3DS is your only option, then yes.. play it. It's a very good game

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
If you can emulate it on PC, do that.. if 3DS is your only option, then yes.. play it. It's a very good game
Thanks, I ended up getting it for the N3DS. I could emulate it on my PC, but it is easier to get some gaming time on the 3DS nowadays unfortunately.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Outside of the cost the Xenoblade on Wii, I think playing it on a big screen is far superior. I can't wait until Nintendo gets the smarts to combine their console/handheld market and just make it so I can plug my ds(whatever version) into the TV. They would completely dominate if they did this. Their handheld exclusives have largely been superior to their console exclusives for a long time now.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Emulation on the PC makes it look way better then any other version.
I've yet to try it on the PC. I doubt I'll play it again, though. I honestly think this game is massively overrated. Go Nintendo, though!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Does this series bear any relation to Xenogears/Xenosaga? Even as a "spiritual successor"? I really wish Takahashi had been able to do 6 games for Xenosaga, instead of them cutting it short at 3. I miss the hell out of that series, especially since it was the closest thing we got to another Xenogears.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So excited for this!!!!! I've never played a Xeno game, and this has those Mech Suits (Skell).
Be warned on that one, that you won't get the mech suits until much later in the game from what I am reading with regards to reviews.

Still, Xenoblade on Wii was about the awesome landscapes, good story, and great voice acting and character development. It was the ONLY JRPG I could stomach initially, and then ended up loving. Good lord though, I need to finish Fallout 4 and Tomb Raider, MGS5 and STILL need to finish Witcher 3.

Too many games coming out too fast
frown.png