The Xenoblade Chronicles Appreciation/Anticipation thread! 3DS/Wi U - YES

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Totally forgot about this thread.

XBCX Comes out in 3 hours. Has gotten very good reviews.

Pinadil

Silver Knight of the Realm
The text in this game is incredibly tiny. It's a strain to read menus from the Gamepad for long.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Forgot to download the 10gb of faster load packs! GameStop opens in 45 minutes lmao
Do you get prompted to do this when you insert the game disc?

Or do you have to go to the eShop manually?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
eShop manually.

Also when you get your disc, it installs the updates, which takes another hour it looks likes

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Wow...this game is already amazing. Seems like a dream RPG come true and I'm only 30 minutes in. Grinding mobs, random loot, treasure in the world....holy balls

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Wow...this game is already amazing. Seems like a dream RPG come true and I'm only 30 minutes in. Grinding mobs, random loot, treasure in the world....holy balls
Happy to hear this. I cannot wait to play. How is the pop in? With the datapacks I am assuming it won't be bad.

I have a 500 Gb External now plugged into my Wii U so I am all set to go.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
been checking this out on twitch today, looks fun, but the soundtrack is really good.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Hearing lots of complaints on text/font size. People xperiencing the same? If so/not, what are your set ups?

koljec_sl

shitlord
Hearing lots of complaints on text/font size. People xperiencing the same? If so/not, what are your set ups?
58" screen usually about 8' away. I moved closer.

Still a lot of other things bugging me. The camera still sucks imo. Don't understand how people are enjoying it so much. I feel like I'm playing a different game =/

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
58" screen usually about 8' away. I moved closer.

Still a lot of other things bugging me. The camera still sucks imo. Don't understand how people are enjoying it so much. I feel like I'm playing a different game =/
Did you like xenoblade for the Wii?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I never beat the first Xenoblade game. Is this a prequel to that story, or was it revealed at the end of that game that the world was Earth or something? Don't worry about spoiling me on something, I don't care. I mean put your response in spoilers, but go ahead and give me the information I need to have proper context for this shit. Thanks.

koljec_sl

shitlord
I never beat the first Xenoblade game. Is this a prequel to that story, or was it revealed at the end of that game that the world was Earth or something? Don't worry about spoiling me on something, I don't care. I mean put your response in spoilers, but go ahead and give me the information I need to have proper context for this shit. Thanks.
Similar look to the world and monsters. Combat system seems very similar so far (but imo easier to pick up with the gamepad than with the wiimote). Same sort of questing. As far as I can tell there is no carry-over of story or characters. In fact, the game doesn't seem as character and story driven, but maybe that will unfold.

The game seems to be suggesting a world that might be more inhabited than first thought. There's a whiff that the leader of the colony might not be a good guy (but maybe I'm just hoping there's a twist).

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Cool. Thanks. I thought it was supposed to be a direct sequel. Glad to see its not.

Also glad to see a stronger Xenogears/Xenosaga influence from what I can tell so far.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Just read the eurogamer review. Full score.

Just watched some streams of it. It looks incredible.

However, as much as I want the game, I am very skeptical of buying the Wii-U. For one because the NX or whatver it will be called, might be backwards compatible and will obviously be better than the Wii-U, and also because I rarely ever used the Wii. It only got nintendo exclusives which were few and far between.