The Zionists are whining thread

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
in no way is ww2 comparable to "mowing the grass" shit was literally the worlds most powerful states using powerful new models of propaganda to mobilize and engage in total war against each other.

Israel already won the wars, they just are doing a shitty job of winning the peace, it's much more comparable to colonial policing if anything
I agree with your first point; it's not comparable, which is why I was posting. Expecting things to be the same is a little silly; the difference in violence, and the propensity for a population to be receptive toward change after said violence, is just separated by a huge amount of degrees between Palestine and WW2 (Even the wars were drastically different). Old tactics, as was proven in Iraq, just will not work while leaving a population with the capability and infrastructure to support violence (And no one should expect it to, no one would "want" to be occupied.). There is also the problem of no domination of the media (Which makes "change" a lot harder). Tactics just have to change, but no one has really answered to "what"--we just haven't been very successful with "hearts and minds", and, as we are seeing (Or we saw with Russian in Afghanistan), brutal occupation isn't successful either. The only thing that's ever really been successful is economic integration, and then just letting the old, angry people of a population naturally die off while the younger kids learn to love new toys. (But this is difficult in an Arab world where religious customs are as radicalized as they were in the west 4 centuries ago; and tribal violence is way to endemic to get the kids hooked on Big macs and coke--unfortunately peace and stability are requirements of economic prosperity).

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I also prefer wars where the civilian population is not used as semi-willing human shields.

Have a chat with Islamists about that one.

Edit: Not that -we- are above it, mind you. This isn't some retarded high ground argument. Guess where prisoners of war get put during air raids during ww2. Guess.
Using human shields should be a war crime, but then again so should deliberately and knowingly attacking them.

Germany and Japan would probably beg to differ on that account.
All Israel took from WW2 is that it's better to be the ones shoving people into ghettos on the basis of race and religion than being the onesinthe ghettos.

Also:
tumblr_n96f2rykTP1qj171uo1_1280.png

As usual, America does what its master tells it to.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why so many abstentions? Missing people or something? I don't pay attention to anything UN sorry.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Why so many abstentions? Missing people or something? I don't pay attention to anything UN sorry.
Mostly Western nations who probably trade, and have significant technological interests in Israel (The amount of advances Israel produces per it's population is pretty staggering--you don't want to be shut out from getting them). The "poorer" countries probably just don't want the U.S. bitching at them. Abstention is a polite way of not pissing anyone off and so reaping the rewards of trading with everyone (Oil from Mid East, Tech from Israel); while still being able to feel good about yourself for not "supporting horrible things".

Really is the way of the world.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Probe Launched Into 'Israel War Crimes In Gaza'
"The UK could not support this resolution, but recognising the strength of feeling about the loss of life and the desire by a large number of members of the Council to express that feeling in a resolution, the UK joined other EU nations in abstaining in the vote.

Politics and feels.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Probe Launched Into 'Israel War Crimes In Gaza'
"The UK could not support this resolution, but recognising the strength of feeling about the loss of life and the desire by a large number of members of the Council to express that feeling in a resolution, the UK joined other EU nations in abstaining in the vote.

Politics and feels.
Lol. So "we want to vote no, but because others want to vote yes, we will just abstain". How sad.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty much. I wonder who, if any, would step up if the US didn't veto.
I dunno. The Jews have a lot of pull here, I don't know about how it is overseas. Look at the power they weilded when the FAA shut down flights to Israel. The U.N is a waste of time anyway with Veto powers.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
There are now 54 Muslim majority nations in the United Nations. People should think about how that may influence policy going forward.. And I'm not talking about Israel.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There are now 54 Muslim majority nations in the United Nations. People should think about how that may influence policy going forward.. And I'm not talking about Israel.
There are currently 0 Muslim majority nations with permanent seats on the security council, so it really doesn't matter.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The whole UN thing is a joke to me, its all words with no actual authority. The humanitarian stuff they do is great, but you could roll that into any humanitarian group without having to be under the umbrella of a "global authority".

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
There are currently 0 Muslim majority nations with permanent seats on the security council, so it really doesn't matter.
Ultimately, nothingreallymatters with the UN, something you and I agree on. But allowing countries like Syria/Iran to take the floor and monopolize session time is a joke. Unfortunately sheeple look at the UN as some sort of moral authority (like Itzena posting that pic, for example) so though the muslim nations can't enact stupid policy, they can turn the UN into their propaganda machine.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
People shit talk the UN, but I'd rather there be at least one super-inclusive organization that brings everyone to the table even if they don't even attempt to wield enough power to dictate policy. If they started enacting policy that severely thwarted Israel and Russia from being able to do what they're doing in Gaza/Ukraine (for example) then Israel/Russia would bow out of the UN and kind of defeat the purpose.