The Zionists are whining thread

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Israel's sitting on huge gas reserves that at least some of it most likely belongs to Palestine, but they probably won't see any of it. that probably has to factor somewhat into Israel keeping Gaza purposefully just above crisis , restricting their marine and airspace and targeting infrastructure, maybe they are driving them out slowly.

IDF's Gaza assault is to control Palestinian gas, avert Israeli energy crisis theguardian.com

Mark Turner, founder of the Research Journalism Initiative, reported that the siege of Gaza and ensuing military pressure was designed to "eliminate" Hamas as "a viable political entity in Gaza" to generate a "political climate" conducive to a gas deal. This involved rehabilitating the defeated Fatah as the dominant political player in the West Bank, and "leveraging political tensions between the two parties, arming forces loyal to Abbas and the selective resumption of financial aid."

Ya'alon's comments in 2007 illustrate that the Israeli cabinet is not just concerned about Hamas - but concerned that if Palestinians develop their own gas resources, the resulting economic transformation could in turn fundamentally increase Palestinian clout.
~
According to Anais Antreasyan in the University of California's Journal of Palestine Studies, the most respected English language journal devoted to the Arab-Israeli conflict, Israel's stranglehold over Gaza has been designed to make "Palestinian access to the Marine-1 and Marine-2 gas wells impossible." Israel's long-term goal "besides preventing the Palestinians from exploiting their own resources, is to integrate the gas fields off Gaza into the adjacent Israeli offshore installations." This is part of a wider strategy of:

".. separating the Palestinians from their land and natural resources in order to exploit them, and, as a consequence, blocking Palestinian economic development. Despite all formal agreements to the contrary, Israel continues to manage all the natural resources nominally under the jurisdiction of the PA, from land and water to maritime and hydrocarbon resources."

WikiLeaks: Israel aimed to keep Gaza economy on brink of collapse Israel News | Haaretz
Israel Said It Would Keep Gaza Near Collapse: WikiLeaks

cable written by an American official, Israeli officials told American diplomats "on multiple occasions that they intend to keep Gaza's economy on the brink of collapse without quite pushing it over the edge."

iannis

Musty Nester
Israelis I'm sure can actually hardly wait until the oil runs out. Oil money is basically fuel for every dictatorship and jihad group in the region. It's a lot harder to buy rockets and ak-47's with the proceeds from hummus exports, so when the wells run dry so will their ability to wage war. Even their ability to support their existing civilization will come into question. A place like Dubai is basically a "turnkey purchase" of a modern city-- engineered, built, and run by significant foreign labor and intellect. Once they have to develop a way to make money beyond simply digging a hole in the ground, it will be interesting to see what happens to places like Dubai.
It's a nice thought, but when the wells run dry it really won't affect their ability for generations. There is just so -much- money that has been coming out of the ground for the past 60 years.

When the wells run dry it will give them more breathing room though. If we (the western world) are less terrified/concerned about keeping the straits open and the transport lines clear, and less concerned that a regional conflict could spiral into multifaceted war then that will increase their options.

But it won't make those options any less bloody.

Which is why it's so important to find a workable, stable solution to the peace problem within this generation. It is really, really, really obvious what the solution is going to be 3 generations from now.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Israelis I'm sure can actually hardly wait until the oil runs out. Oil money is basically fuel for every dictatorship and jihad group in the region. It's a lot harder to buy rockets and ak-47's with the proceeds from hummus exports, so when the wells run dry so will their ability to wage war. Even their ability to support their existing civilization will come into question. A place like Dubai is basically a "turnkey purchase" of a modern city-- engineered, built, and run by significant foreign labor and intellect. Once they have to develop a way to make money beyond simply digging a hole in the ground, it will be interesting to see what happens to places like Dubai.
Dubai actually has very little oil wealth (Barely 7% of their GDP), the vast majority of it in the UAE is in Abu Dhabi. Dubai generates the majority of it's wealth from tourism and the fact that it's a tax free zone while some of the poorer emirates will receive equality payments from Abu Dhabi, Dubai is self sustaining. Dubai is basically trying to be the Hong Kong of the middle east. Not that I don't agree that they have issues with locales who don't want to work, and the possibility of a huge skills gap if foreigners ever leave en mass. The emirates as a whole are very focused now on getting locals to fill positions and improving their education though to fill positions at the moment locales are given precedence over foreigners for jobs, even when they're under qualified. I wouldn't let a doctor/dentist who was emirate touch me unless they have a full western education.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
article_sl said:
Police have clashed with thousands of pro-Palestinian protesters who defied a ban in Paris on marching to protest the Israeli offensive in Gaza
Paris banned marching in protest? I support them then.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
They banned them after rioting and anti-semitic stuff happened. We dont hold Freedom of Speech as high as you (US) do in comparision to other rights.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

iannis

Musty Nester
We'd break up violent protest here as well. We do break up violent protest here.

We don't ban it though. We just call it rioting.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I may be anti-Israel, but I'm definitely against the Muslim invasion of Europe, and definitely support quashing them whenever possible.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
it's ironic how you can see israeli's support multiculturalism in europe, australia and america but it has no place in israel
"A post-Zionist is someone who actually looks positively towards the end of the Jewish people in ethnocentric terms, as a national group, and no longer sees the Jewish people as one united people," he told the Jerusalem Post.

Mr. Leibler said post-Zionists were pushing a universalist agenda in schools aimed at eliminating Jewish nationalism and creating a multicultural state.

But Mr. Leibler, 65, has the opposite view of multiculturalism in Australia.

"There is a need to sit together and establish a way in which Australians can recapture that spirit of multiculturalism which I think we are all proud being part and parcel of, and which is really under threat," Mr. Leibler said.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
it's ironic how you can see israeli's support multiculturalism in europe, australia and america but it has no place in israel
Great job copying and pasting from Stormfront/Globalfire ! You've sunk to new lows. You and those rabid rioters I linked above probably provide the greatest argument for Israel's existence.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Demographic shadows Israeli peace talks
netanyahu keeps talking about how there's a demographic time bomb and they'll be outnumbered, saying those things in america makes you branded a racist. netanyahu said it was fine if non jews stayed around 20% but wouldn't accept a rise
Netanyahu: Israel's Arabs are the real demographic threat HAARETZ

The Declaration of Independence said Israel should be a Jewish and democratic state, but to ensure the Jewish character was not engulfed by demography, it was necessary to ensure a Jewish majority, he said.

If Israel's Arabs become well integrated and reach 35-40 percent of the population, there will no longer be a Jewish state but a bi-national one, he said.
Are U.S. Jewish organizations hypocrites on immigration? -HAARETZ

this is all nazi talk though right? cause nazi holocaust hitler nazi anti-semite?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm finished with you dude, once you start citing shit from Nazi message boards I'm done. Here's your multiculturalism. It'll be my last post that replies to you in this thread.

Multicultural Israel | Pauls Travel Blog
Jews from different parts of the world isn't really multiculturalism.

It's like populating South Africa with Christian English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Canadians, New Zealanders and Australians - because they are all different cultures! Imagine the possibility of putting Canadian Moose on an Austalian Barbecue and then mixing it with Irish Potatoes for use as a filling for a bland English Meat Pie?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It was an obvious joke / dig at conspiracy theorists.
My apologies then. This thread is filled with equally ridiculous conspiracy theories, and Phazeal made the same insinuation in the MH17 thread, albeit with a Lumie disclaimer. You may have been sarcastic, but there are plenty who actually believe it, like those on the Stormfront message boards Fanaskin frequents.