The Zionists are whining thread

Chris

Potato del Grande
As a brother of four sisters with a single mom, once they reached their early teen years there was nothing my mom could do to stop them from going where they wanted, when they wanted. All she could do is take their allowance away and call the cops when/if they didn't come home. Sounds like these moms called the cops and they were given the "eye roll".
Sounds like poor parenting. Maybe the police didn't take it seriously because why would a child being raped daily leave the house again to be raped again the next day and their parents allow this!? I know that some received threats but I'm talking about a specific case where a parent was on TV saying that this was happening over a long period of time where she knew about it

iannis

Musty Nester
I couldn't watch that. at about 2 minutes in it turns into an even worse version of "The View".

Yes. How is ISIS any different than Israel. Insightful questions.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah. That is counterproductive. That is a tactic of war.

There has to be a faction which favors punishment, and feels that the Gaza operation was not punitive enough. You have to remember that Abbas supported the Gaza authority, while condemning the methods. Basically in order to punish you have to take something that the enemy cares about and they don't seem to care about the lives of their people. They care about their land.

In so far as this measure aims to greater security for the state (I disagree) you could say that the measure DOES serve peace.

But I think the State Department is right. This doesn't do that. It's just payback. That's not how you end wars or secure your borders.

Edit: It is possible that Israel is not utterly infallible. I don't think ANY of them Jews happen to be the Pope.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Well, it just doesn't sound as good saying that they're going to push everyone in to Jordan.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
It's a land grab, but it's not a massive one. The palestinian parts of the west bank (not including Gaza) has around ~700 square miles right? This is a land grab of ~1.5 square miles.
WHOA hold on with your facts. We don't need any of those up in here.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
It's a land grab, but it's not a massive one. The palestinian parts of the west bank (not including Gaza) has around ~700 square miles right? This is a land grab of ~1.5 square miles.
nibble nibble nibble

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Israel Announces Massive West Bank Land Grab

Yeah, Israel just wants peace. Sure, whatever.

Your average Israeli no longer sees a path to viable peace. They see an increasingly hostile Muslim world with no precedent for peaceful co-habitation with ones neighbors. Yet somehow the world expects Palestinians to "buck the world trend of stomping your non muslim infidel neighbors", even though the "government" Israel is expected to negotiate with is basically ISIS Lite, admitting a few weeks back they were in fact responsible for the kidnapping/murder of those three teens. Then, if you're watching Israeli TV, you get a guided tour of all those tunnels exiting right outside day care facilities in the south, and again the top concern on your mind becomes security. If you're an Israeli, your gambit of trading security for peace occurred in Gaza in 2006 with the unilateral withdrawal, and that fat olive branch of peace resulted in Hamas being voted in and INCREASING violence and threats against Israel. The effort to get a majority Knesset vote to support that Israeli withdrawal in 2006 took huge political effort and was a major debate amongst Israelis, with The Right warning that land/governance appeasement would not get Israel peace. They were overwhelmingly correct of course, which is why Likud is in power today. Israel will continue to try to forge some form of peace with Fatah, but the reality now is that Israel no longer believes that Palestinians really want peace, and those that do, even if voted in, can't be trusted to control their more violent factions.. Same tribal/factional bullshit reasons why the rest of the Arab world can't seem to live in peace either.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yep. That's the winning strategy here. They'll chomp when they can, and nibble throughout the year.
Well, that article says this 1.5 miles is the biggest land grab in 30 years, so if that's a nibble I guess it's been a pretty long time since they've chomped..

Stupid timing on Israel's part, but they're reaching the point where they feel they'll be damned no matter what they do, short of all bending over and letting Hamas wipe them out.

Israeli's didn't have to read thisMagnum Opuson irresponsible biased propaganda to realize that Europe and the NYT are out to get them no matter what they do. They are going to do anything at this point that helps their "physical security", even if it's short sighted or isn't worth the trade off.

satael

Silver Squire
Well, that article says this 1.5 miles is the biggest land grab in 30 years, so if that's a nibble I guess it's been a pretty long time since they've chomped..

Stupid timing on Israel's part, but they're reaching the point where they feel they'll be damned no matter what they do, short of all bending over and letting Hamas wipe them out.
The timing might have something to do with the west having their hands full with Ukraine and ISIS at the moment (so stuff like this won't be much of a story in the western media).