Theater Chain Death Watch? Chapter 11s inc

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I suspect the Mulan experiment didn't meet expectations. Reports are Bill&Ted made a respectable profit, but the budget for that film is estimated to have been only around 25 million, so they didn't have a massive bar to clear like Mulan did (which estimates around a 200 million budget).

Fact is, if they were seeing numbers that correlated with what they drew from theaters, we would be seeing a lot more PPV/virtual rentals
They just released it to vod sales on other platforms. Must of really sucked for them to do that.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Theatres should have one night a month or week or whatever where the audience is encouraged to yell at the screen, meme, and all that shit.
One of my favorite movie going experiences was seeing Norbit in a theater full of blacks.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Theaters are still closed in WA state. Our economy is getting hit hard due to closures.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Fuck em and fuck Hollywood, the writing has been on the wall for a while, as the home movie experience has continued to improve to the point that your average family has a 60+ inch 4K screen with surround sound the movie theater experience has remained stagnant or worse.

The draw they had has become less and less even more so when they don’t even police their own theaters and the dregs of the land ruin the experience for others. Then you tack on every increasing prices for shittier and shittier movies, and $30 soda and popcorn combos paying $100 for a movie is not a cost effective use of anyones dollars.

The hubris and greed of the movie theater and Hollywood bullshit is what will cause them to go the way of blockbuster video, the fact that Covid Hoax Flu faggotry was a nail in the coffin is a good thing. Just like DVDs sometimes shit needs to fucking burn and these greedy shitwaffles need to lose money.

Best case scenario movie studios get face fucked with the reality they need to just make everything direct release to homes, or worse case scenario a whole new business model arises that makes it worth out time to go to these places either way win/win for the consumer.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
My only worry is that without them making 2.3 billion for a true blockbuster, we won’t get quality like Infinity War and Endgame. What’s the most a “pay to stream” movie has cleared so far?

I mean clearly people like RDJr will have to be paid $10,000,000 instead of $100,000,000 (lol.).

• 1Cringe

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Theatres should have one night a month or week or whatever where the audience is encouraged to yell at the screen, meme, and all that shit.
I know when the black people gonna be at the dollar theater if I want that experience. Some movies are great like that.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My only worry is that without them making 2.3 billion for a true blockbuster, we won’t get quality like Infinity War and Endgame. What’s the most a “pay to stream” movie has cleared so far?

I mean clearly people like RDJr will have to be paid $10,000,000 instead of $100,000,000 (lol.).
obviously we are living inside the covid bubble. once the dems say its cured and its ok to leave our houses. people will eventually go back to their old routines. if their old routine was going to the movies once a week then they will go back to that. its not going to be blockbusters many times a year. it might be one and the rest will be smaller, lower budget films. its gonna take a while til they can build up enough audiences to push out big budget films. personally, i am happy this happened. these blockbuster movie stars dont deserve the hundred million dollar paychecks, the whole industry needed to be taken down a few pegs. its basically Rocky 2. gotta get beat down in order to remember how you lost that eye of the tiger..

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
^^^^^^ This, end game was a cash grab and bad on so many levels. I guess people think it was good because people battled and they had several loud explosions.

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

I guess. Inifnity War was good, Endgame less so. But they weren't movies really, they were events years in the making. tbh, the last thing I want is to see more of that shit. Exhibit 1: The DC Universe. Exhibit 2: The Universal Monster Movie Universe. These stupid franchises have choked the life out of any creativity within Hollywood, let them die. We traded the independent movie boom of the 90s for fucking Justice League. It was a bad trade.

• 2Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I guess. Inifnity War was good, Endgame less so. But they weren't movies really, they were events years in the making. tbh, the last thing I want is to see more of that shit. Exhibit 1: The DC Universe. Exhibit 2: The Universal Monster Movie Universe. These stupid franchises have choked the life out of any creativity within Hollywood, let them die. We traded the independent movie boom of the 90s for fucking Justice League. It was a bad trade.

I agree. I'd be fine if the age of tentpole blockbusters is dead. It used to be that TV couldn't compete with film in terms of writing, costuming, and special effects. But streaming services have been pushing out some damn impressive series that rival (or surpass) the vast majority of movies. The Boys and The Witcher jump to mind as things that 10 or 15 years ago people would have claimed couldn't be done on TV (or would have been shit on TV). I've enjoyed both of those more than any movie I can think of from the past couple years.

Fuck movie theaters.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I agree. I'd be fine if the age of tentpole blockbusters is dead. It used to be that TV couldn't compete with film in terms of writing, costuming, and special effects. But streaming services have been pushing out some damn impressive series that rival (or surpass) the vast majority of movies. The Boys and The Witcher jump to mind as things that 10 or 15 years ago people would have claimed couldn't be done on TV (or would have been shit on TV). I've enjoyed both of those more than any movie I can think of from the past couple years.

Fuck movie theaters.

Very true. Breaking Bad, Ozark, Yellowstone, etc etc. All fantastic with super A list mother fuckers in it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Very true. Breaking Bad, Ozark, Yellowstone, etc etc. All fantastic with super A list mother fuckers in it.

Yeah, the guy from Malcolm in the Middle and a security guard from Gattaca were really a list

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

Fuck movie theaters.
I'm not sure what would make you think The Boys is some sort of landmark achievement in television. 99% of the show is conversation between two characters. When there is action on rare occasion, it's fine, but nothing to write home about. It's really not any more remarkable than Smallville from 2 decades ago.

Or this:

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Worf