They are billions

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, your expansion is pretty heavily limited by food in the later stages of the map, for sure.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Winter map

So is the challenge here that you have to expand out to find those small farm patches asap?

You also need to analyze how the mountains will affect the final wave, i.e. which defenses will get hit super hard by multiple waves.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Nobody else uses soldiers? They seem to have a lot of value for clearing dim town once you have a dozen? vets.

The ranged things can fuck them up tho

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yup, spitters wreck soldiers. Soldiers also cost iron and food, two things you might not have a lot to spare on some maps. Snipers cost a little more gold, but otherwise outclass soldiers in every area. I always build about 15-20 rangers, and then start pumping out snipers.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Snipers outrange the spitters though is the important part. Very rare a spitter will ever get to attack a sniper ball of 15 or more.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I have a ball of both Snipers and Rangers by mid game. Snipers set on high level target and rangers on close range target.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nobody else uses soldiers? They seem to have a lot of value for clearing dim town once you have a dozen? vets.

The ranged things can fuck them up tho
soldiers can't clear corners (at least not without excessive micro while you can just give C order to snipers) and they have no value in the final wave. If they were as cheap as archers, I'd build them to clear east and west faster.

Soldiers also cost 1 food upkeep, which makes them unreasonably expensive in the early game.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Do you guys use a lot of Power Plants or do you pump out as many mills as you can? I find myself building lots of mills to pump up my expansion but it turns into a game of expanding to build nonstop quarries.

It's worked but a bit of a pain.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I use my single game starting soldier to protect my tents from sneaky zombies that manage to slip by.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I generally skip power plants until the very, very end game. The tax on your resources isn't worth it generally, rather just spam more advanced mills.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're basically trading four workers and 5 stone/wood income for 10 more energy than 3 advanced mills. You'd need 5 regular mills to get 10 less energy than a power plant, so 20 workers vs 8 in that case. I usually build one power plant when it's available, it helps mid game growth quite a bit, but I don't think it's worth it when you have advanced mills.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Power plants go up when I upgrade all the ballistas to Executors at the final wave. That's also the point where I don't need stone anymore to expand my defenses.

until then, it's plain mills. Even advanced mills are unreasonably expensive.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Winter map down 100%.

I had a great starting area on this game.

Didn't use any power plants for this one and it worked out fine. Though it does force you to expand just for mill space, but you would have to do that anyways for ore deposits to feed the stone thirst of a power plant.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Pray, it's a whole different ballgame from the first 3. Expand like a huge fucking coward, don't ball up your troops or the aggro will chain forever and you'll die. Food is super scarce so don't be afraid to use great ballistas early on to save on it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Day 5 on CC map 2. It all went south when an infected executive showed up at a hunters cottage. Stupid close doom town I barely did not scout.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Well fuck me running.

Trying to get the 3rd or 4th map, so I have to beat 2 or 3 (absent minded as fuck, sue me) with 50% or greater or someshit.

Goddamn I get SOOOOOOOOOO close to crossing the threshold into a stable base etc but just havent made it yet.

Since I took about 15 years off of RTS games, was never good at micro to begin with, this game is really giving me some challenge.

Its damn aggravating, and refreshing. Lol

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game reminds me of Diablo 3 a little in that the map makes such a huge difference. In Diablo 3, at the higher levels of play you have to map "fish" to get a good one to beat. Can't fish for them here, but the wins we get seem to be because of good maps. :)