Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Rudd's character is awkward and funny, but he does a shit ton in his movies. In Loki, Loki was doing shit the whole time in trying to hunt the variant down and then trying to take down the TVA. It was Sylvie that fucked things up at the end for everyone. No part of what you are saying here makes sense.

Yeah, and Ant-Man legit looked like a badass in Endgame. When he saved Hulk et al, and then when he single punched the big flying thing like it was nothing, when the only other person who solo'ed one was Hulk in Avengers 1. Ant-Man also was the seed of the idea that restored 1/2 the universe.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Yes, Loki "tried" to do a lot but kept failing at everything whole Sylvie actually did shit.

You mean the same Loki that more or less failed at everything in every movie he has been in?

Wow, what a character turn

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You mean the same Loki that more or less failed at everything in every movie he has been in?

Wow, what a character turn

Until the female version showed up and succeeded.

Thanks for proving my point

• 1Picard

Sevens

Log Wizard
Until the female version showed up and succeeded.

Thanks for proving my point
Succeeded in what?
They reached He who remains together, Loki didn't fail in killing him he chose not to
I am just not seeing what he failed at, please explain it to me.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Succeeded in what?
They reached He who remains together, Loki didn't fail in killing him he chose not to
I am just not seeing what he failed at, please explain it to me.

Literally everything?

Originally wanted to bring Sylvie down, failed in that and joined up with her. Then wanted her to not kill He Who Remains, failed in that and she killed him.

How about this, explain to me what he actually accomplished.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He failed at losing control of his emotions, Sylvie succeeded in not thinking rationally about her actions

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
This will be the first MCU film i will have seen since Endgame. Because its a Proven franchise, with a proven Lead and actor, and an amazing director. Beyond that I dont know if I even care about the MCU anymore.

Black Widow
Wanda Vision
Falcon and Winter
Loki
SHang CHi
Spidey 3
Strange 2
Eternals
Moon Knight

Not a single relevant or must see movie. Widow movie could have just not happened. Wanda Vision was ok, and helped develop SW as a villian for Strange 2 but wasnt must see or relevant. Falcon and SOldier could have not been made and had no imnpact on this phase. Loki is the only important show so far because it opened the Multiverse. Even then most didnt see it or wont miss much in the arc. Shang Chi was utter trash. Spidey 3 was very fun for nerds, but is still sort of its own thing with Sony. Strange 2 was a major letdown that sets nothing up in the greater MCU. Eternals might be the worst movie they have made that is just floating out there like a fart in a kitchen. Moon Knight I hear is good but again, little to no connection to the greater arc.

She Hulk looks awful.

Why did the MCU succeed? Iron Man was a great film. Cap the First Avenger was an ok movie, not great. Thor 1 was meh. But they all connected and built to something we all could see coming, THe Avengers. Every movie had a post credit scene connecting the larger arc. in what, 5 movies the MCU built to the Avengers which changed cinema history and spawned another 20 films.

We are what, 10 or 11 films/shows into this phase with no clear arc, no connections but vague "Lots of people dealing with multiverses". No clear enemy, We knew of Thanos by movie 4, saw him and saw the avengers come together in 5. We only know Kang is the new big bad because they have told us, not shown us.

Feige let this bloat too much and lost direction.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So, since we have Gorr now...what are the odds of Knull showing up at some point? Ever since they announced Gorr this is what I've been hoping for the most.

Probably the same as the odds of seeing Beta Ray Bill since we have Thor. Or the same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns.

• 1Rustled

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I mean fuck, Iron Man ended on a mic drop, great film, then Fury shows up and is like "Lets fucking do this" and the buzz from that was unlike anything in my life. It made Hulk a must see, and then Tony shows up and is like "ITs fuck time boys" and then you had to see IM2, Thor and Cap.

They went from using 2 minute post credit scenes to connect and set up a universe, to just making them stupid jokes with no point.

Combine the post credit scenese in the first 5 movies and the combined 10 minutes did more to make a franchise than nearly 30 hours of current phase content. Fuck marvel.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This will be the first MCU film i will have seen since Endgame. Because its a Proven franchise, with a proven Lead and actor, and an amazing director. Beyond that I dont know if I even care about the MCU anymore.

Black Widow
Wanda Vision
Falcon and Winter
Loki
SHang CHi
Spidey 3
Strange 2
Eternals
Moon Knight

Not a single relevant or must see movie. Widow movie could have just not happened. Wanda Vision was ok, and helped develop SW as a villian for Strange 2 but wasnt must see or relevant. Falcon and SOldier could have not been made and had no imnpact on this phase. Loki is the only important show so far because it opened the Multiverse. Even then most didnt see it or wont miss much in the arc. Shang Chi was utter trash. Spidey 3 was very fun for nerds, but is still sort of its own thing with Sony. Strange 2 was a major letdown that sets nothing up in the greater MCU. Eternals might be the worst movie they have made that is just floating out there like a fart in a kitchen. Moon Knight I hear is good but again, little to no connection to the greater arc.

She Hulk looks awful.

Why did the MCU succeed? Iron Man was a great film. Cap the First Avenger was an ok movie, not great. Thor 1 was meh. But they all connected and built to something we all could see coming, THe Avengers. Every movie had a post credit scene connecting the larger arc. in what, 5 movies the MCU built to the Avengers which changed cinema history and spawned another 20 films.

We are what, 10 or 11 films/shows into this phase with no clear arc, no connections but vague "Lots of people dealing with multiverses". No clear enemy, We knew of Thanos by movie 4, saw him and saw the avengers come together in 5. We only know Kang is the new big bad because they have told us, not shown us.

Feige let this bloat too much and lost direction.
Moon Knight is kind of its own little place in the universe and its pretty damned good to watch.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Moon Knight is kind of its own little place in the universe and its pretty damned good to watch.
It was the introduction to more MCU Gods, and how they act, leading into Love and Thunder. They even mention 2 of the Egyptian Gods had gone "missing" in Moon Knight. The director said that there was a scene cut talking about Gorr, but they cut it because with all the covid movie/show shuffling they didn't know when it would air.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
He failed at losing control of his emotions, Sylvie succeeded in not thinking rationally about her actions

I actually enjoyed Loki, but it did seem more like Loki standing around watching Sylvie's story take place.

Really don't see how people like Tarrant Tarrant can deny marvel's woke bullshit when Feige has said he specifically redid things in Wandavision to remove Dr Strange purely because he's a white male

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I actually enjoyed Loki, but it did seem more like Loki standing around watching Sylvie's story take place.

Really don't see how people like Tarrant Tarrant can deny marvel's woke bullshit when Feige has said he specifically redid things in Wandavision to remove Dr Strange purely because he's a white male
where did I deny anything in regards to that? Someone asked if white dudes were being phased out and I pointed out there’s still plenty and they have a couple new projects starting up and have cast one white guy for it and assuming for will the other (Fantastic 4) as well. 🤷🏻‍♂️

but then more representation doesn’t bother me either, but I haven’t sit here and denied anything with that regard to any of you.

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

It doesn't matter how much they tell you exactly what they're doing, some people just refuse to recognize it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Probably the same as the odds of seeing Beta Ray Bill since we have Thor. Or the same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns.
I’d love to see Bill as well, but they sure are beating around the bush at Knull pretty well. I guess it probably falls under Sonys license so maybe it won’t end up being a thing? I dunno.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
If you faggots are so in the diversity ask yourself this why is there no diversity in the villains of the MCU

By my count we have only seen one Black Villian. And he was presented as an antihero who was crusading against evil whitey.

The only female villains have been white women.

He who remains isn’t a true villian. The only asian villian was in Shang chi and as we learned from the woke mob, Asians are white.

• 1Seriously?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Kang will 100 percent be white. Adam Warlock will be white as the villian in GOTG3. She hulk will be fighting white men. Why can’t we even get a black actor to play villian aliens?