Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Didnt they originally say Kang will be played by someone else? And if not, wow thats 1.

Also you guys need to stop calling He Who Remains Kang. Hes not. Hes nathaniel Richards. Kang is alternate variants of him. Kang has yet to even show up in the MCU.

Black lady in Loki? She works for the TVA and protects time. Just because shes chasing variants doesnt make a villian. You can be an adversary without being a villian. Was Ironman the villian of Civil War?

Now you're going ultra faggot on us. "She's not a villain she was an antagonist who was just following orders!!"

And Thanos wasn't a villain because he thought what he was doing was right. Such a shitty take to just declare whoever shits on your argument as "not REALLY a villain"

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Until you guys point shit out here, I honestly never noticed any of this black white shit. The only one I noticed Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Until you guys point shit out here, I honestly never noticed any of this black white shit. The only one I noticed Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury.
they have plenty of black villains and white female villains in the MCU, it hasnt been an issue. Breakdown is having, well a breakdown.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

I'm the same way, I just don't think about that stuff much I guess. The only things I've noticed are Black Fury and White Capt. Marvel.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I grew up on Mr Marvel as a kid, think he was still big on the Comic book cards in the early 90s. I actually didn't know about him being canned decades prior. Didn't know the black rambo was after, I still thought she was after Carol

My biggest gripe is come up with new stories / characters but no. Just turn the character a different race slightly different

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Correct, which is the one I grew up on, so it’s the one I associate with that role the most. He seems why I took more notice to the MCU role.
Same. Carol Danvers was just some chick Rogue stole her powers from.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
0v3m3tda5f191.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Did you actually watch Loki?

Just kidding, obviously you didn't.

I did. I know Loki is still around and not actually a girl now. However I do think Sylvie is set up to pretty much take his place going forward, given that she's smarter, stronger, and better at everything than Loki is. I guess we'll find out after Loki S2.

Re: Ironheart...I have no idea who/what this is. Is it the future name of Gwyneth Paltrow's character? After Iron Man 3 I expected some sort of Iron Woman deal with her.

Oh, I forgot about Peter Quill. So the MCU still has Peter Quill in a relative position of strength, but even he's devolving more into the comic relief role like Ant-Man and Loki.

I don't actually have that much of a problem with white men being phased out of the MCU (got about 50 more important things to think about) but I do have concerns that it reflects some larger cultural insidiousness. In that sense, again, I guess we'll find out over the next decade.

• 1Pathetic

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Moon Knight is kind of its own little place in the universe and its pretty damned good to watch.

Yeah, I still have Moon Knight and What If to check out. I'll probably also watch F+WS with low expectations just to complete the set. I like both of those characters under normal circumstances. Have like two more weeks of D+ so I might as well.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll probably also watch F+WS with low expectations just to complete the set
F&WS is the only MCU title I actively regret watching. I'd rather be strapped to a chair watching Black Panther on repeat than ever watch F&WS again.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Didnt they originally say Kang will be played by someone else? And if not, wow thats 1.

Also you guys need to stop calling He Who Remains Kang. Hes not. Hes nathaniel Richards. Kang is alternate variants of him. Kang has yet to even show up in the MCU.

Black lady in Loki? She works for the TVA and protects time. Just because shes chasing variants doesnt make a villian. You can be an adversary without being a villian. Was Ironman the villian of Civil War?

I think you have a point here overall. Almost all of the villains in the MCU have been white men. Rewatch Star Wars Episode 8 (or...don't) and it jumps off the screen how the Resistance is composed of a very diverse mix of people with like one (fat) white man in their ranks, while the bad guys are 100% white men. I think the one fat guy gets blown up too, and has a very minor role. I brought this up at the time and was assured that "well, the First Order are nazis so they only employ white men" and it's like...yo, Finn was one of them like one movie ago.

Regardless, you have a point here. To try and debunk your point we have to get into the weeds of what constitutes a villain or not. The black lady in Loki isn't a villain, she's just a TVA agent doing her job. And literally every non-white-man villain in the MCU has quickly turned out to mean well and join the heroes. Adversary doesn't mean villain, like you said. There have been a bunch of adversaries who were non-white-men over the MCU but I challenge anyone to name a single one who was actually evil or irredeemable like most of the main villains have been. The only possible answer I can think of is Killmonger and he was, as you said, given an out with his backstory explaining why he was the way he was and how his goals were on some level actually noble in their own way. Edit: Oh yeah, and Mordo. I guess there's that one.

Kang the Conqueror would be the first really vicious/dangerous/evil non-white-man antagonist in the MCU...and I'm pretty sure he'll just end up being blue anyway.

It might not be high on my list of concerns, but people who point these things out aren't exactly wrong. It's framing things a certain way for a mass audience and I'm not sure if their motivations are entirely altruistic, as opposed to the pushing of a certain undermining ideology that's been making the rounds.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
F&WS is the only MCU title I actively regret watching. I'd rather be strapped to a chair watching Black Panther on repeat than ever watch F&WS again.

I believe you, but after I watch it (or more likely have it on as background noise while I work) I'll at least be able to follow discussions about it. Definitely a lot more enthusiastic for Moon Knight though.