Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I believe you, but after I watch it (or more likely have it on as background noise while I work) I'll at least be able to follow discussions about it. Definitely a lot more enthusiastic for Moon Knight though.
I follow conversations about Ep 8, 9, and Solo just fine without having watched them. And honestly, I think I'd rather sit through those three movies than re-watch F&WS. Don't watch it just so you can chat about how bad it is.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I follow conversations about Ep 8, 9, and Solo just fine without having watched them. And honestly, I think I'd rather sit through those three movies than re-watch F&WS. Don't watch it just so you can chat about how bad it is.
its the worst TV show ive ever watched all the episodes of. i thought it would get better somehow, it just kept getting worse and i kept getting more disgusted

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd rather rewatch Season 1 of the Shannara Chronicles.

Or maybe I'd rather die than rewatch either of them. The point is F&WS is that bad.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
maybe if we spoil the show he wont watch it. ok here is the spoiler. Cap is elsewhere, maybe on the Moon. so they hand his shield to some super serum dork who takes it super serious and ends up roid rage murdering a terrorist hopped up on Super Serum, he does it on facebook live or something so now he looks like a bad guy and then they take away his Cap2.0 status and give it over to Falcon who has no super powers, cant get a loan for his shrimping boat business because he black and sides with the terrorist leader who is a PoC and he even was a smug enough asshole to call everyone a racist for not kissing the asses of the terrorists, even after they tried to kill everyone. also, Bucky is now a guilt ridden pussy wimp who apologizes for being white as well as apologizing for Cap who wasnt even there. it all ends with Cap Falcon flying away in his pimped out flying suit with Cap's shield. still no powers.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Regardless, you have a point here. To try and debunk your point we have to get into the weeds of what constitutes a villain or not. The black lady in Loki isn't a villain, she's just a TVA agent doing her job. And literally every non-white-man villain in the MCU has quickly turned out to mean well and join the heroes. Adversary doesn't mean villain, like you said. There have been a bunch of adversaries who were non-white-men over the MCU but I challenge anyone to name a single one who was actually evil or irredeemable like most of the main villains have been. The only possible answer I can think of is Killmonger and he was, as you said, given an out with his backstory explaining why he was the way he was and how his goals were on some level actually noble in their own way. Edit: Oh yeah, and Mordo. I guess there's that one.

Kang the Conqueror would be the first really vicious/dangerous/evil non-white-man antagonist in the MCU...and I'm pretty sure he'll just end up being blue anyway.

It might not be high on my list of concerns, but people who point these things out aren't exactly wrong. It's framing things a certain way for a mass audience and I'm not sure if their motivations are entirely altruistic, as opposed to the pushing of a certain undermining ideology that's been making the rounds.

You know I'm talking about the Judge Renslayer and not the Queen Latifah security guard, right?

Even after learning the TVA was a lie she still betrayed Owen Wilson and pruned Loki.

She's very clearly a villain

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
maybe if we spoil the show he wont watch it. ok here is the spoiler. Cap is elsewhere, maybe on the Moon. so they hand his shield to some super serum dork who takes it super serious and ends up roid rage murdering a terrorist hopped up on Super Serum, he does it on facebook live or something so now he looks like a bad guy and then they take away his Cap2.0 status and give it over to Falcon who has no super powers, cant get a loan for his shrimping boat business because he black and sides with the terrorist leader who is a PoC and he even was a smug enough asshole to call everyone a racist for not kissing the asses of the terrorists, even after they tried to kill everyone. also, Bucky is now a guilt ridden pussy wimp who apologizes for being white as well as apologizing for Cap who wasnt even there. it all ends with Cap Falcon flying away in his pimped out flying suit with Cap's shield. still no powers.

So you're saying that the New Captain America, the white guy, is portrayed as a bad guy, and then quickly replaced?

wellthereitis.gif

Ambiturner Ambiturner Oh okay, I thought it was the guard. Totally forgot about the judge.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So you're saying that the New Captain America, the white guy, is portrayed as a bad guy, and then quickly replaced?

wellthereitis.gif

Ambiturner Ambiturner Oh okay, I thought it was the guard. Totally forgot about the judge.
he's Cap for maybe a few months and at the end becomes US Agent or something dumb for Elaine from Seinfeld who everyone says is Madame Hydra.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, I still have Moon Knight and What If to check out. I'll probably also watch F+WS with low expectations just to complete the set. I like both of those characters under normal circumstances. Have like two more weeks of D+ so I might as well.
This is the only thing you need to watch in F&WS

Daniel Bruhl Dancing GIF

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'd rather rewatch Season 1 of the Shannara Chronicles.

Or maybe I'd rather die than rewatch either of them. The point is F&WS is that bad.
If you can turn off the sound on Shannara that's an easy one, because at least you'd get to watch the fucking hotties on that show.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I watched season 2 of Shannara. I wouldn’t watch season 2 of jogger captain pigeon.

• 1Garbage

Izo

Tranny Chaser
If you can turn off the sound on Shannara that's an easy one, because at least you'd get to watch the fucking hotties on that show.

I watched season 2 of Shannara. I wouldn’t watch season 2 of jogger captain pigeon.
austin butler wil GIF by mtv

Judy Garland Dorothy GIF

That show looks so gay. I seem to recall a book series? Can only remember Dragonlance Chronicles atm.

• 1Worf

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Judy Garland Dorothy GIF

That show looks so gay. I seem to recall a book series? Can only remember Dragonlance Chronicles atm.
Interesting. When I google "fucking hotties" I end up with bobs and vagenes. I guess your algorithm has learned differently than mine.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

Judy Garland Dorothy GIF

tumblr_inline_ozw24a55Vy1uru4aj_500.gifv

And yes, there were books. Many, many books all of which had nothing to do with the show.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Poppy Drayton and Ivana Baquero. and whoever Baquero is lezzing it up with in that scene I don't recognize which is probably from S2.

The books really have nothing to do with it, the show follows the books about as closely as the WWZ movie did.

• 1Solidarity

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Gorr is interesting, in some shots he looks like Christian Bale in makeup, in some he actually looks like a villain. I somewhat feel this is Marvel fucking with us like when Tomm Holland was at the statue of liberty solo when in fact the other 2 were on the same scene.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Gorr is interesting, in some shots he looks like Christian Bale in makeup, in some he actually looks like a villain. I somewhat feel this is Marvel fucking with us like when Tomm Holland was at the statue of liberty solo when in fact the other 2 were on the same scene.

Not revealing something about the plot is different than intentionally making your product look shitty

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Thing is if they went full on comic book Gorr, people would compare him to Voldemort.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thing is if they went full on comic book Gorr, people would compare him to Voldemort.
he already looks like Voldemort. the wraith/Lich thing is nothing new, but Voldemort is recent enough in pop culture to be made a comparison of.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gorr was more menacing than Voldemort too. This is worse than Apocalypse in the Dark Phoenix movie.