Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They've managed to make the uninteresting characters interesting. Growing up, every kid in my neighborhood bought Spiderman and X-Men. I was the only one that collected Dr Strange and GotG.
Avengers were such a shitty and uninteresting team, they never even came close to the gold standard that is x-men/FF.

Avengers had the same team status as Alpha Flight, did you guys know that Alpha Flight is not Canadian anymore? they even took that away from Canada???

Marvel hates Canuks so much, they killed off their only Canadian superhero, and rebranded Alpha Flight as the new SWORD, under capt Marvels control.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Avengers were such a shitty and uninteresting team, they never even came close to the gold standard that is x-men/FF.

Avengers had the same team status as Alpha Flight, did you guys know that Alpha Flight is not Canadian anymore? they even took that away from Canada???

Marvel hates Canuks so much, they killed off their only Canadian superhero, and rebranded Alpha Flight as the new SWORD, under capt Marvels control.

I would ordinarily consider this a dumb question, but seeing as how it's Marvel I have to ask, you do mean under Carol Danvers right?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I would ordinarily consider this a dumb question, but seeing as how it's Marvel I have to ask, you do mean under Carol Danvers right?
yea shes in charge of intergalactic threats and is dynamically opposed to GotG. they've been trying to put her in more roles of command ala capt America, so she headed up the ultimates and the splinter avengers faction in civ war 2.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
As some one whose comic heyday in the 80s/90s rotated around the Avengers-verse (I can tell you off the top of my head that Issue 298's cover was "Edwin Jarvis - the last avenger!", Which had him hitting a robot with an umbrella), I can assure you they always sucked.

The weirder thing is how Marvel is handling Thor and Iron Man. Their sequels are undoubtedly the worst movies in the Marvel-verse, so Marvel... Wedges in characters people actually like (Spidey/ Hulk) to buff their image. Will be interesting to see what happens when a Marvel char unfixably flops out of the gate (maybe Captain Marvel?)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yea shes in charge of intergalactic threats and is dynamically opposed to GotG. they've been trying to put her in more roles of command ala capt America, so she headed up the ultimates and the splinter avengers faction in civ war 2.

I wasn't sure how far the Kamala Khan thing went lol

Sterling

El Presidente
Byrne/Claremont Xmen was the good shit. They were largely why Xmen was so popular in the 70s/80s and it just kept going after them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Byrne/Claremont Xmen was the good shit. They were largely why Xmen was so popular in the 70s/80s and it just kept going after them.

Those and Woflman/Perez The New Teen Titans were, and still are my favourite, both were similar for having long complex storylines that took years to develop. Good old days. :)

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Glad to see talking Hulk finally, already looks a million times better then last two films and no Jane Foster or major time on Earth it seems. Thinking if this does well with the hard 80's fantasy vibe and color next film should have Beta Ray Bill in it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure how I feel about Guardians of the Galaxy 3. I'll probably still see it for Hulk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Damn, one of my favorite synthwave songs. Did not expect that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Damn they really stepped it up for the look of Hulk, thats awesome

Wonder if the beads is a call back to Maestro Hulk

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Fenris, Sutur, talking Hulk (with a half fade), a sweet Gorr line and Thanos' GF (with an infinity stone glow about her)...

Dope color pallet. Sick music. Rad dialog.

Yeah, this looks pretty fucking good.

Edit - Just noticed the Banner high-five to Thors fistbump.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
This keeps looking amazing. Taika Waititi just might end up having out-Gunned James Gunn by making the kind of movie that GotG2 could have been.

Thor-Ragnarok-2-1-600x888.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity