Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Fenris, Sutur, talking Hulk (with a half fade), a sweet Gorr line and Thanos' GF (with an infinity stone glow about her)...

Dope color pallet. Sick music. Rad dialog.

Yeah, this looks pretty fucking good.

Edit - Just noticed the Banner high-five to Thors fistbump.

It's nice to see a studio look at a movie like 'guardians of the galaxy' and think to themselves "hmm what made that so special (and make so much money)" and then not only figure it out, but execute (at least we hope/think). Breath of fresh air.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Damn one of my favorite synthwave songs. Did not expect that.

Here's hoping they do more synthwave/John Carpenter stuff in the film, crazy hearing a Hotline Miami song in this. Now if someone would just pick up the rights to turn that into a movie....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like they snuck what is potentially a fairly significant spoiler into the trailer after watching it a second time. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Where the hell does Skurge get a pair of M16s from? In the comics he dies defending Gjallerbru from Hela's army with a pair of M16s from Hel that he got when he joined some Asgardians on a rescue mission in Hel itself. It seems like a hint that he's going to do a sacrificial face turn in the movie, but it doesn't seem like it's going to work. In the comics his heroic last stand was a big deal because he had been a villain for over 20 years. Having him go from villain to heroic self-sacrifice over the span of a single movie seems kinda rushed

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah. skurge.

I do hope they don't try recreating it. it IS weird here, having him working FOR Hela. Skurges deal is one sided love with Enchantress. would cheapen it, with anything else.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This looks like it could be fun. Lot of the more recent phase Marvel movies have been decent quality but kind of a drag.

• 1Picard

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't really know my Hulk lore, so is Banner going to be all half-retard in this due to him being in Hulk mode for so long? Every piece of dialogue/action from Banner in that trailer feels off, like his mind is all child like or something. Doesn't seem like the same Banner from the Avengers, so I was curious.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, it seemed like the initial Banner talk was after he "awoke" from being the Hulk, so he didn't know what had happened. He was just trying to get his bearings. At least that's how I took the trailer.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Something they said during the Hall H panel ...

... was that Banner has been in Hulk form, uninterrupted, for 2 years by the time Thor shows up. This is why Banner is initially a little foggy headed and Hulk has learned to speak a little better.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sold. Love it. Please take my money.

It'll be refreshing to see a movie that WANTS to be a fun time. Not something that tries to pander to every whiny, bleeding-heart subculture or precious snowflake.

• 2Picard

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Best movie poster in a real long time. Loving some of the recent movie posters have been real classics. Nice to see a resurgence classic movie poster.

• 2Solidarity

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Surtur, demon from the fire dimension of the 9 realms.

I can't tell with these teases of Dormamu and Surtur if they are just trying to tickle our fancies before everyone with any star power leaves the MCU or if these are glimpses to future villains.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I can't tell with these teases of Dormamu and Surtur if they are just trying to tickle our fancies before everyone with any star power leaves the MCU or if these are glimpses to future villains.

I dunno how likely it is that Surtur will show up again after Ragnarok but they did cast Clancy Brown to voice him.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder how they are going to work Surtur into this given we have Hela / Grandmaster and I'm guessing Thanos. What I recall from the comics is that Surtur forges a sword and then invades / wrecks Asgard, forcing Thor / Loki / Odin to work together to defeat him. This just appears to have Hela get powered up by Thanos (maybe?) to invade / wreck Asgard while the Grandmaster is playing around with Thor / Hulk.

• 1Worf

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
well, we see hela destroy Thors hammer. And, the shot with Thor and Banner talking. Thor says he lost his hammer yesterday.
So, she invades Asgard. Wrecks them, and destroys thors hammer. Blasts Thor off into space somehow. Leaving him stranded, and fight pits, where he meets up with Hulk.

Surtur maybe is backstory explaining how Hulk ended up as Hulk for 2 years, and in space? Maybe hulk and dr. strange teamed up, and Hulk got blasted into space himself, and lost for 2 years. Hulk is not wearing any armor in that shot of him and Surtur.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can someone explain to me why they chose to have Karl's character wield M16's in this day and age? I get that when the stories were made the writers/artists probably didn't have a great idea for weapons and they were like "herp derp; guns!". But, in 2017? Come on.