Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Can someone explain to me why they chose to have Karl's character wield M16's in this day and age? I get that when the stories were made the writers/artists probably didn't have a great idea for weapons and they were like "herp derp; guns!". But, in 2017? Come on.
Fan service.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, it's very specifically to invoke the iconography of skurge's last stand. he was always a lackey, but gjallerbru made him a titan

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
gallery-1500988809-thor-ragnarok-totem-pole-beta-ray-bill-man-thing-ares-bi-beast.jpg

thor-ragnarok-beta-ray-bill-easter-egg.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've been seeing YouTube videos about this for awhile now, and no joke, I will literally splooge all over my pants in the theater if he actually shows up. I'm actually not expecting it even with that hint though. I'm guessing more easter egg than anything else.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I've been seeing YouTube videos about this for awhile now, and no joke, I will literally splooge all over my pants in the theater if he actually shows up. I'm actually not expecting it even with that hint though. I'm guessing more easter egg than anything else.

That would be my guess as well. This is supposed to be a relatively short movie and the new character count is already pretty high. Besides I don't expect them to ever change out someone like Hemsworth, who is eye candy for da ladies, with a CGI character like BRB anyway so the need for laying down some seeds for a future alternative Thor figure isn't there.

But it will be a cool easter egg none the less. Marvel knows their fans.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
Shit, now I want to watch it in Japan (or wherever that was) so I can have an announcer yell at me in Japanese every now and then.

CHALLENGERUUUU ... BENDERUUUUU!!!

• 1Worf

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Of all the movies I have not wanted to disappoint, this one might depress me the most if it sucks. Well, since Transformers anyway.

Every thing they show is just 100% awesome so far.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shit, now I want to watch it in Japan (or wherever that was) so I can have an announcer yell at me in Japanese every now and then.

THAT SWORD COST FIVE HUNDRED DORRUUU!!!!!

Fry did it!

• 1Worf

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider

I wonder how big the market for doing that in a Rifftrax style would be. I have to imagine like 0, but it would be funny.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Looks fucking amazing. Thunder Thor looks awesome, action looks insane, can't wait to watch the hulk destroy that giant demon, etc. And they fucking nailed the 80s aesthetic for the title.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I didn't watch this trailer yet, but the movie is coming fairly soon (44 days to be exact). I'm done watching trailers at this point until after I watch it on opening night. Really hyped about this one.

• 2Like