Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Malkav

French Madman
What is the minimal Marvel Movie watched required to enjoy this movie?

i'm thinking only avengers 1+2, don't even need Thor movies.

Confirm please

You have some references here and there. Avengers 1 and 2 for sure, but I'd say Thor 2 also (the situation in Asgard picks up from there). Having seen Dr Strange is also a plus.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You have some references here and there. Avengers 1 and 2 for sure, but I'd say Thor 2 also (the situation in Asgard picks up from there). Having seen Dr Strange is also a plus.
what from dr strange is needed? the idea of portals?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well, better to know who Dr Strange is and what he can do I'd say. Just not to be all "Who is this random magic dude?".
i mean, he has that much of an impact? i mean random magic dude isn't enough?

Is dr stranges appearance much like antman in civilwar? where you can be like, "who dat? oh he cool, wait, that paul rudd"

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
i mean, he has that much of an impact? i mean random magic dude isn't enough?

Is dr stranges appearance much like antman in civilwar? where you can be like, "who dat? oh he cool, wait, that paul rudd"

I'd say less impact than Antman in CW. So yeah, I guess you could go blind like, "who dat? wait, that Sherlock with weird magic powers?"

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
There were some pretty significant things that happened towards the end in Thor 2, as average as the movie was. Although it looks like most of it will be dealt with in the early stages of Ragnarok maybe.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'd say less impact than Antman in CW. So yeah, I guess you could go blind like, "who dat? wait, that Sherlock with weird magic powers?"

Does it help to establish who Strange is and why he would be inclined to help Thor find Odin so that he and Loki can get off of Earth and back to Asgard?

Royal

Now if JL starts getting trashed prior to release all bets are off.

I didn't know how timely this would end up being.

Someone who was invited to a critics screening for JL shared their invitation email online and WB has the review embargo lift date currently set at Nov. 15th ... the day before all of those late Thursday early Friday wide release showings start. Not a good sign. Now they could move that up between now and then, which is common, but if they stick to that date then I'm taking my chips off the table.

• 1Solidarity

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think this movie is going to hit 1b. Movie is probable going to be huge internationaly and around 400m domestically

Malkav

French Madman
I'll also say that all the characters were great.
Thor and Hulk were great.
Loki was great.
Hela was badass.
Even though I was not sold on black Valkyrie, she was also really great.
The Grandmaster was awesome.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'll also say that all the characters were great.
Thor and Hulk were great.
Loki was great.
Hela was badass.
Even though I was not sold on black Valkyrie, she was also really great.
The Grandmaster was awesome.
Thats cool considering thor 1 and 2 had the horrible brothers 3 and siff, those were some budget D-list retards.

actually and it also sheds stupid Padme too, that's probably why it worked out, it got rid of the horrible fat.

• 1Worf

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I saw it yesterday. It was hilarious in many parts, though some of the slapstick doesn't always work. The action is great, story is interesting and the trailers misled you just enough to keep surprises under wraps. Doctor Strange scenes were hilarious. Hulk and Thor was funny, Loki was amazing as usual. Really can't recommend it enough, it's one of the most entertaining Marvel movies so far in my opinion.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yep. The post-credit scene from Doctor Strange is lifted straight and put there (along with the rest of the context). You also need to remember your GotG well, or the first post-credit scene will not be as impactful.

I also noticed that there's a lot of deleted scenes. Some of the scenes from early trailers are completely reworked (probably digitally), and some of the shooting being spotted aren't there at all.

Overall, there's a heavy video game vibe, which the poster lettering hinted at. I'd say too much joke density, so some of them fall a bit flat and feel forced.

I did enjoy the movie, but there's quite a few dissonant aspects to it that stop it from being a very good MCU movie. Personal score: 7.5/10.

Royal

I also noticed that there's a lot of deleted scenes. Some of the scenes from early trailers are completely reworked (probably digitally), and some of the shooting being spotted aren't there at all.

For anyone who has watched all of the trailers and clips you'll notice there is one very conspicuous scene that has been digitally redone since that first trailer. Waititi addressed that explaining that the scene just didn't work as well the way it was originally set up, that the noise and commotion of the original setting was detracting from the emotional impact it was supposed to have, so they digitally redid it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
This movie was retarded, enjoyed every bit of it though. Actual fucking slapstick all the way through, much more humour than GotG, Spiderman or Antman.

Several scenes from the trailers have different CGI/locations in them which was nice for misdirection and not knowing where the plot was going. Valkyrie was really cool but gave off just a little SJW vibes but nothing too bad, Hela was awesome absolutley didn't have any SJW at all.

Jeff Goldbloom was great.

• 1Picard