Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know we saw the dog bite him.

Did I miss something about this scene? Like why purposely zoom/slow and and focus on that one particular point in their fight? Is the dog infected with his blood now and will turn into some hulk-wolf?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Did I miss something about this scene? Like why purposely zoom/slow and and focus on that one particular point in their fight? Is the dog infected with his blood now and will turn into some hulk-wolf?
Well, Hulk is bullet-, laser-, and explosive-proof, so I think that was just meant to be a “holy shit, something managed to actually break his skin” moment, to show how badass Fenris is.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of... Thor kicked Hulks ass, bad. And Thunder Thor was fucking amazing.

Question, if Hella had shot her swords at Hulk, and hit Hulk, what would have happened? Would they penetrate or bounce off? I know we saw the dog bite him.

I actually thought back to AoU and Stark's vision of post-Thanos destruction that makes him go ham and create Ultron, and that floating platform with everyone dead or dying on it. Hulk was pierced by like 4 spears or something, seemed odd at the time.

Imagining them as Hela spears makes it much less odd. But if so, fucking impressive that Feige and co had that much foresight.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Perhaps it was because "the dog' is the Fenris Wolf. In the mythology Fenris will devour Odin.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The hammer of the gods
Will drive our ships to new lands
To fight the horde, sing and cry
Valhalla, I am coming!

BMe7NVp.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sif wasn't around for Ragnarok because Jaimie Alexander wasn't available during production. I know she and BRB have some history in the comics. They might end up using him in a later movie to explain where she was when it all went down.
To add on to this, Sif has also appeared on Agents of SHIELD a couple of times so they have a number of ways to bring her back in with legitimate excuses if they want to.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
The hammer of the gods
Will drive our ships to new lands
To fight the horde, sing and cry
Valhalla, I am coming!

BMe7NVp.gif

When seeing the opening fight scene in the movie I was with my gaming group and one of my friend leans over just enough to say "I knew he was a pally!"

• 1Solidarity

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Baseless speculation:
First midcredits scene has Thanos's ship showing up (I would assume). Probably because he's personally looking for the stones now and Loki has one, it's very implied he picked up the Tesseract from the vault. Thanos shows up to pick up the Tesseract, throws Thor out the airlock or some such, he gets picked up by the guardians and that's how Infinity war starts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Baseless speculation:
First midcredits scene has Thanos's ship showing up (I would assume). Probably because he's personally looking for the stones now and Loki has one, it's very implied he picked up the Tesseract from the vault. Thanos shows up to pick up the Tesseract, throws Thor out the airlock or some such, he gets picked up by the guardians and that's how Infinity war starts.

We see a ship show up. It could have been Thanos himself or part of his Black Order which we know from the IW info that has been put out there so far will be appearing. Knowing Loki the ship could very well have appeared because he contacted Thanos to broker a deal now that Asgard is gone.

• 1Like

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Loki has failed too many times to be on team Thanos. He'll have no choice but to fight alongside the Avengers and it should be awesomely awkward.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I didn't say anything about a mutually successful deal.

But if they do decide to have Hela replace Death in the story line he would be a natural replacement for Mephisto with the opportunity for some in-laws or nepotism humor boot.

Last edited:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Totally didn't catch the cameo, time for new glasses prescription.

If you mean stan lee's, he cut thor's hair on the garbage planet. sorry if that's been said, I skipped a few pages.

Great movie I really enjoyed this one. Took me until after I saw it to realize that the director is the same guy who did What We Do in the Shadows. Which is also an amazing and hilarious movie.

Same here. We looked up who played the rock dude and figured out who he was and his link to WWDITS. I don't think the rock guy stole the show, but he could have if he'd been given more screen time. I hope we see him in more movies. I think he had some of the best lines of the movie. Personal favorite was when he tried to start a rebellion, but didn't print enough flyers.

I think this was said already, but i was worried they might be over-doing it with the jokes. Don't get me wrong, it all worked in this movie, but I'm not sure it'll work in all future marvel movies. I'm worried they're looking at the success of GOTG and trying to copy that style into all future movies.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
a few people that i was in the theatre with didn't know. casual fans.

also, there was a few people in this thread that weren't sure. i was just making sure we all knew that it definitely was thanos.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Holy shit you guys understated how awesome this was, I went in expecting great things, and was pleasantly surprised even more. I can't put a number to it yet, but definitely one of the top 3 Marvel movies for me.

Had to almost drag the wife to go see this with me, at the end she was gushing how great it was lol. I even got her reconsidering going to see Star Wars with me now, thanks Marvel!

Fuck 3D though, dunno about anyone else, but that shit always looks blurred to my eyes, and my eye sockets still ache from constant refocusing.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I remember a while ago when we first started talking about this movie, someone posted a youtube video of this song that was a digital metal thing, that had an 80's feel to it. I really liked that song, but I don't remember it being in the movie.

Anyone remember what that song was, that could repost it?

• 1Like