Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Cybsled

3D in the first Avatar movie was pretty boss. I do agree most of the stuff since then has been pretty crappy, though.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Movies with strong visuals can be pretty great in 3D, but it can be pretty distracting for complex plot driven movies. It's definitely not for every movie.

People who are strongly against 3D and proclaim "I'm going to wait until they have holograms hur dur" should be euthanized.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
What if you hate 3D and don't give a shit if they never implement holographic technology for movie viewing because you know they'll just cack it up but jack up ticket prices to experience it anyway?

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
If you like 3D in movies you're the film house equivalent of a supertaster faggot.
Just because you don't like something that doesn't mean it's shit all the time. It must be hard to be you and have to hate everything in life to get some "likes" from your butt-buddies on this forum.

Last edited:

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
You're right, just because I don't like something doesn't automatically make it shit. However, in a happy coincidence, all the stuff I dislike also happens to be shit. Including 3D in movies. Hey man, it's cool if you like it. You're allowed to like garbage gimmicky shit.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>

I have a running theory/bet....

He will get back to Earth, and he will make that part of Norway where Odin died the "new Asgard". This will put him where the hammer fragments are, which probably still can't be moved by anybody but him (and apparently Hela). When he finally taps into the Odinforce, he'll reforge the hammer for himself, even if he doesn't actually need it.. but rather as a focus.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I have a running theory/bet....

He will get back to Earth, and he will make that part of Norway where Odin died the "new Asgard". This will put him where the hammer fragments are, which probably still can't be moved by anybody but him (and apparently Hela). When he finally taps into the Odinforce, he'll reforge the hammer for himself, even if he doesn't actually need it.. but rather as a focus.

If they wanted to go for a bit of a dick move to set up Thanos they could have him remake the hammer using the Infinity Stones and give it back to Thor just to prove just how much he outclasses them, even with all their bells and whistles. That would be sorta taking a page from when Tryco Slatterus came to Earth to box all of the strongest heroes and banished Mjolnir when Thor threw it at him but then allowed it to return to his hand because he sensed the enchantment on it and the fact that Thor would eventually revert to his normal form without it (though he disqualified him anyway for using it).

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What if you hate 3D and don't give a shit if they never implement holographic technology for movie viewing because you know they'll just cack it up but jack up ticket prices to experience it anyway?

I don't care if people hate 3D. It's people declaring they like 3D, but don't understand why they don't just have holograms so they don't have to wear glasses that triggers me.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I went to West Edmonton mall to see this, and the seats would vibrate for everything.

This becoming a normal thing? Fucking annoyed the shit out me, felt like someone was kicking my seat the whole movie.

Nearly turned around and throttled the twerp behind me, until I realized it was part of the "experience"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Enough of the 3D argument. No one gives a flying fuck if you like it or not. Movies are available for both. Get the fuck over it, and shut the fuck up. God damn baby bitch bullshit crying, fuck.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
I went to West Edmonton mall to see this, and the seats would vibrate for everything.

This becoming a normal thing? Fucking annoyed the shit out me, felt like someone was kicking my seat the whole movie.

Nearly turned around and throttled the twerp behind me, until I realized it was part of the "experience"

yeah thats unfortunately D-BOX, which is a stupid ass system that literally does what you experienced - introduce minor motions in each seat to "feel" the movie. Its a post process done by d-box for each movie but essentially just minor seat bumps in time to action on screen. Its retarded as fuck and after you experience it once you should never buy DBOX theater seats again.
Movie Theatres - D-BOX

I looked at your theater and you musta gone for the most expensive ticket, which is DBOX, UltraAVX (cheap IMAX), and 3D. Next time just skip DBOX for any movie.
Cineplex.com | Scotiabank Theatre Edmonton

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Did someone say DBOX???

548006103_1280x720.jpg

• 3Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The director was in Hawaii today doing a talk for a local film festival. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to attend.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
yeah thats unfortunately D-BOX, which is a stupid ass system that literally does what you experienced - introduce minor motions in each seat to "feel" the movie. Its a post process done by d-box for each movie but essentially just minor seat bumps in time to action on screen. Its retarded as fuck and after you experience it once you should never buy DBOX theater seats again.
Movie Theatres - D-BOX

I looked at your theater and you musta gone for the most expensive ticket, which is DBOX, UltraAVX (cheap IMAX), and 3D. Next time just skip DBOX for any movie.
Cineplex.com | Scotiabank Theatre Edmonton
I saw Fury Road on those DBOX seats, my first experience with them, and it made a little more sense in a movie where you could imagine yourself in a car almost the entire time. But yeah, I've never paid the extra for them since, and don't see myself changing that opinion.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I love the MCU and had huge expectations for this movie. Felt a bit let down, mostly cause the best parts of the movie were spoiled by the trailers. Also did not like the majority of the comedy. Only moment that made me laugh out loud was Banner landing on the bridge.

And as someone else mentioned, they forced in too much humor, which removed any sense of drama or tension.

Mat Damon cameo was dumb as fuck cause I hate that little twerp, and stupid little self-loving-Hollywood cameos like that.

Warriors three dying like scrubs was pointless.

Talking Hulk sucked, CGI is just not good enough for that yet.

Even with all the shit, it was still a great movie. But I just come here to complain.

• 5Picard
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 6 users