Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Saw it yesterday. Loved it. The only thing that felt off to me was human Bruce. I like Ruffalo and I get that he would be disoriented by what happened but it seemed like his personality was totally different than his avengers appearances. He works as a straight man to IM's eccentricity but paired with Thor he just felt off. Toddler vocabulary Hulk on the other hand I thought worked great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Saw the movie second time today, still enjoyed it but wasn't as "impactful" as first viewing since I knew the jokes were coming now and there isn't really a whole lot of stuff to peel back. Enjoyed Valkyrie and Hela a lot more this time around.

First viewing was in 3D, second was in Dolby Digital (no 3D) and I guess I preferred the dolby digital (no 3d) version slightly more, the colors popped a bit more especially with Hulk and the colors parade but otherwise I thought the 3D version was pretty damn good. Since its getting nearly impossible to buy a 3D TV nowadays it might be worth a watch in 3D if you like that sort of thing.

Movie definitely has a lot of buzz, the theater was pretty much full at a 12pm showing.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Saw this, A+, fucking great, hilarious, totally random. Funniest scene... Bruce Banner "I'll handle this" *jumps* LOL

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Serious question: why are so many people crazy about Beta Ray Bill? He seems like such an odd character, looks super goofy. What's the draw?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He never did much for me personally, but he had a pretty cool intro. Horse-headed monster looking guy who Thor thought was about to invade asgard or something, then out of nowhere picked up mjolnir and used it against Thor. If I remember correctly, he was one of, if not THE first person to pick up mjolnir that wasn't Thor or Odin.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Because his intro comic was this awesome cover:
thor-337.jpg

And because it was the first issue of Walt Simonson taking over the book, and his artwork was fucking incredible and awe-inspiring, compared to the bland stuff that came before. The first few fucking pages were this:
Thor_V1#337_p01.jpg
Thor_V1#337_p02.jpg
Thor_V1#337_p03.jpg

I was totally blown away by this issue when I picked it up, and Beta Ray Bill was, as mentioned the first being I was ever aware of to be "worthy" of picking up Mjolnir. Also, he was just awesome. He was already almost a match for Thor, and then he picked up the hammer and had Thor's power *added* to his.

Yeah, he has one of the dumbest names ever, and he looks funky. He's still awesome despite all that. There are some pretty good limited series and such with him too, aside from this main Thor storyline, which coincidentally also dealt with Surtur (spoiler alert, he's the one doing the forging).

And when he gets his own hammer, we get this fucking page!
Thor_V1#339_p19.jpg

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
minor spoiler and assumptions
while heimdall COULD still have the soul stone in his eyes, loki ALSO more than likely stole the tesseract while he was in odin's vault. so even if heimdall doesn't have the last stone, there'd still be a reason why thanos would show up and destroy the ship, leading to GoTG footage. BUT we still have that scene from AoU with a blind heimdall, so there's that.
Loki took the tesseract, just like Thor stated in the movie, at the end of the day Loki will be Loki. It will just a matter of time before he causes mischief.
I bet the new Asgard will be in Norway that place where Odin died and where Thor 1st met Hela.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Here's Why Beta Ray Bill Was Cut From 'Thor: Ragnarok'
“There was a Beta Ray Bill, but it was so quick that you would have the same complaints that you have now,” Feige tells Crave Online. “He was in it a little bit more and it just didn’t do justice. And the feeling is, if you can’t do it justice, do it later.”

Sif wasn't around for Ragnarok because Jaimie Alexander wasn't available during production. I know she and BRB have some history in the comics. They might end up using him in a later movie to explain where she was when it all went down.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
8/10 Really really good, but as somebody else said its maybe too funny and that takes away from the impact of certain moments that could have been better. I'd also seen the trailers too many times thus felt to some degree like I'd already seen the movie. Doesn't take away from how good the movie is, but took away some of the enjoyment of watching it for the first time.

• 2Like

Royal

I have to admit if I had seen none of the trailers and wasn't semi-expecting it I don't think I could have handled it when Immigrant Song started up during that scene with Surtur. The perfect Thor song that I'd never dreamed of being used in a Thor movie used perfectly ... twice!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I have to admit if I had seen none of the trailers and wasn't semi-expecting it I don't think I could have handled it when Immigrant Song started up during that scene with Surtur. The perfect Thor song that I'd never dreamed of being used in a Thor movie used perfectly ... twice!

Come on ... the best song choice of the movie was before he met the grandmaster, when they were explaining the planet that he was on to him....... pure imagination!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

I agree. At the end when he went full on thunder-god-mode Thor and the song started playing, I'm pretty sure I jizzed a little in my pants. Amazing.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

j00t

Yeah, I read an article today that talked about Marvel ruining what could have been an amazing moment with the hulk vs Thor battle. I mean, we all knew it was coming but imagine sitting in the theatre having no idea that hulk was even in the movie

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Royal

Come on ... the best song choice of the movie was before he met the grandmaster, when they were explaining the planet that he was on to him....... pure imagination!

Yes that was a great touch and gave me a good chuckle but ... Zeppelin.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Yeah, I read an article today that talked about Marvel ruining what could have been an amazing moment with the hulk vs Thor battle. I mean, we all knew it was coming but imagine sitting in the theatre having no idea that hulk was even in the movie

Speaking of... Thor kicked Hulks ass, bad. And Thunder Thor was fucking amazing.

Question, if Hella had shot her swords at Hulk, and hit Hulk, what would have happened? Would they penetrate or bounce off? I know we saw the dog bite him.

j00t

I think they'd penetrate to some degree as they were magical

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Saw it last night. Loved every minute of it. The rock dude is hilarious. This is definitely right up there with the first Guardians movie

• 1Like