Throne and Liberty (Formerly Project TL)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the auto play might be a nothing burger, it could just be enabled for a private grind instance.

Edit: The autocombat feature might actually be for general, out in the open world grinding. I installed the latest version of Lineage 2 the other day and it has a full on autocombat. That game is vastly different now than 20 years ago. Sad.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fishing/Horse Training/etc. in BDO was NOT something you "had" to do. It was simply a little "bonus" way of making cash while you slept, went to work, had a busy day, etc. There was absolutely no need for it at all. After the first few weeks I didn't even bother doing it most nights, just because I prefer shutting my PC down. As long as T&Ls version of "auto-combat" is similar, it won't be a big deal at all.

Anybody who felt like they were getting "behind" in BDO if they didn't 24/7 fish clearly didn't understand the economy of that game at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
didn't look like CB it looked like a tech demo.

yes it looked good, but I dont speak/read korean so have no idea wtf we were looking at.

lots of menus showing off i can only assume cash shop or random currencies, polymorphs, pets, etc. looked very much like BDO but with the gacha mobile monetization added on top.

there was a segment where the dude just turned into a crab and started attacking a stone thing with a bunch of other crabs and I thought "oh wow, this game will have group based mining just like pantheon" lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Absolutely. It'll be fun to fuck around with on launch though
At this point Im pretty thirsty for fkn anything that'll scratch that itch. Nothing thats retail currently is doing it for me for more than a day or two.
I dont know what it is about that engine but it reminds me of BDO's engine. Feels dated, and it chunks occasionally even during the stream. Looks good and bad at the same time and its something Ive always hated about BDO. Its why Im looking forward to AOC so much - cause it'll actually have features from UE5 that'll make it look fantastic, even though Im not an extreme pvp'er. Though I will say that the ideas that they have are really neat looking and innovative. Would love to see the ideas in a lot of these eastern games put into a nice, new engine that also had voxels in it.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It looks pretty good. It certainly has my interest. Now how it actually plays and how much P2W comes into effect will make a big difference. I loved the giant Whale and how players could fly up on it while others from below would also see it. I could think of a lot of questing or crafting angles that could revolve around that. Things like maintaining its flight until it reached a certain point or having a chance to mine unique crafting items off the rock looking barnacles. It has potential but the game is Korean and so it carries that caveat.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
There’s probably a month or so worth of fun to be had.

As far as cash shop go I’m usually fine with spending money on a cash shop about the equivalent of a subscription. So $50 or so every 3 months I play.

I don’t see myself playing this long term unless there’s some feature we haven’t seen.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess this is a glorified mobile MMO, saw a bit of a KR stream and the guy was just autobattling farming mobs.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game has an autoplay feature? Ok, not sure what I think of that. That is one way to get through the boring quest system?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This game has an autoplay feature? Ok, not sure what I think of that. That is one way to get through the boring quest system?
I was watching Kanons stream for a minute - its a mobile game.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
So... the new bragging point for MMOs is how much you spent on your electricity bill keeping your computer running, I guess? What level are you? $1,500 this month, baby!

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Electricity is only the tip of the iceberg here, its gonna be big whale$$$ pvp.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why people put money into BDO and weeb garbage like this.. I'll never know.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why people put money into BDO and weeb garbage like this.. I'll never know.

Because BDO has awesome combat and a world with a ton of activities that is just unique to it. Sure it has its problems(gear breaking and/or de-leveling being the main one) but it still has a lot going for it. Whoever is in charge of new class creation and their combat, does an amazing job.

No clue about this game. BDO had some auto activities(str/stamina training, horse leveling, fishing, and even hitting a combat dummy for exp). Outside the first two things, doing them afk earns a lot less then if you actively did it. The afk dummy for leveling is very slow.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because BDO has awesome combat and a world with a ton of activities that is just unique to it. Sure it has its problems(gear breaking and/or de-leveling being the main one) but it still has a lot going for it. Whoever is in charge of new class creation and their combat, does an amazing job.

No clue about this game. BDO had some auto activities(str/stamina training, horse leveling, fishing, and even hitting a combat dummy for exp). Outside the first two things, doing them afk earns a lot less then if you actively did it. The afk dummy for leveling is very slow.

The afk systems are great for people too busy to play much. It still lets you profit and actually have a rl career / life. I've been so busy with work and rl the last few years, BDO became my main mmo by default. Very cool.

BDO is just fucking unique. It has endless systems to get lost in that require an actual investment in time and materials (and sometimes cash) to become good at. And skill matters in PvP. So does gear. I lack both so yeah.. still love the combat, and life skills.

It isn't a perfect game, tons of frustration is to be had. But sometimes that just makes the payoff even more sweet. The P2W aspects are real though. You can avoid them, but it isn't easy.

When ESO, and then WoW, ;changed their open world experiences into a bland, "everything is your level and easy" experiences they lost me. And I haven't been back.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
BDO is very much play to win rather than pay to win, unless you're dropping 10s of thousands of $$$ which I don't think many do. Choice (biggest BDO streamer I think) recently took a fresh account up to 700 GS in under 100 days I think it was, without any carries or paying anything I think. Just grinding out silver day after day. That said, for anyone who does seriously get into BDO you can easily (and probably should if its your main hobby and you value your time/can afford it) spend a couple hundred on QoL stuff (pets, fairy, tent, outifts, etc) which to me is reasonable compared to the many thousands of hours you can get out of the game.

• 1Picard