Time Magazines' top 50 video games of all time

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
xmvsf.png

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't even have to look to know there are probably 0 amazing vita games on this shitlord list of cock.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Loved this game and played the crap out of it. Just passed it again about a month ago just 'cause I wanted to show my wife how quirky it was. Still love the ending.

Faxanadu has it beat as an RPG platformer by quite a few years.
Yeah, but Faxanadu was extremely rough around the edges, offering a brutally unforgiving slog through a brown, brown world. SOTN created a super-polished, silky-smooth, incredibly deep and rewarding experience we had never felt before. Certainly not with Faxanadu, as charming and legitimately impressive as it is.

Anyway, if recognition were not a factor, this would have to make the list:

250px-Bucky_OHare_North_American_NES_box_art.jpg

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I must be a crappy gamer, my entire top 10 is pretty much missing. Chrono Trigger, EQ, FF tactics, xenogears, street fighter 2, super metroid, mega man 2, link to the past, any souls game, i mean good lord, so much better stuff than angry birds and other garbage on that list. tomb raider over last of us or any uncharted?

At least they put ff6 over ff7.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
I'm not a fighting game fan by any measure, but the complete lack of Street Fighter is a fucking crime

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I see its the yearly gamer-rustling top whatever article.

Its like our usual anniversary I swear. We get some article every year that has a half-assed top 50 list and get all butthurt over it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That was the 2011 numbers I was looking at.

This year dota was $10M to the champs with a $20.7M overall prize pool. The distribution leaves a lot to be desired, especially for like the 8 - 16 teams.

But based on the recent LoL drama it doesn't much look liked the stipend means any more to the players than placing 12th does.

This is an argument left to a better thread though probably. But to complain that 'genre' or 'industry' defining games were left off the list and use dota vs. LoL as an example is kind of bunk. Quake or SC could just as easily hold those spots as forerunners to anything we have today.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
WoW at number 10 and Everquest not even in the top 50? Fuck outta here.

Also lol @ Tetris #1 game of all time.