Time Travel: What would you do?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Work to become president of the US during WW2 and finish the job by taking out Russia and China after Japan/Germany have fallen before anyone else develops nukes. The world is now your oyster.

Edit: Meanwhile, disband the federal bureaucracy and kick out all the minorities.

How much more would an expanded Marshall plan to rebuild Russia and China cost?

How easy would it be for America and Allies to hold/occupy/rebuild Russia and other countries like Poland, plus China etc?

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
While last season's shitlib holocaust worshipers are gunning for Hitler I'll gather some modern knowledge tomes in Latin and deliver them to the Romans sacking Israel.
roman rome GIF

Lets Go Game GIF by Hyper RPG

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There's a 7 or 8 book series by Peter Rhodan about a guy stranded in the Roman Empire who boostraps technology (with the goal of reversing the accident that threw him back in the past. Spoiler alert: he fails)
This shit is why I don't read any social media for books. People can't help but spoil book series immediately after introducing someone to it!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ancient Roman society if given steam tech they actually used would now have an increased desire for coal, which would result in places like Germany being permanently conquered and subjugated to supply coal for Roman industry and war. Slavery might transition into low paid workers. The railroad would allow (for the time) incredibly fast travel. It’s questionable if things like Christianity even arise and spread. Europe as we know it never develops, which has long lasting impacts of history. Other nations would eventually steal the steam tech, such as ancient China, and add that to their own developments like gunpowder if not discovered elsewhere as a result of the timeline change

Also, regarding the library of Alexandria, it wasn’t just 1 big event that did it in. It was a slow decline with punctuated losses and removal of materials.
Yeah, if Rome was given steam, railroad, metallurgy and other pre/early industrial tech they would subjugate the crap outta everyone for a hundred years. And then what?

And what if we give them not only the means to have an industrial revolution, but the information made during the information age? And what about the discoveries that happened the next 3 years?

I'd like to know.

My guess: nuclear holocaust within 400 years most of the time.

Cybsled

How much more would an expanded Marshall plan to rebuild Russia and China cost?

How easy would it be for America and Allies to hold/occupy/rebuild Russia and other countries like Poland, plus China etc?

Allies had considered a strike on Russia at the close of WW2, but it was declined because there was no appetite for a continued war and outside the US, everyone was fucked infrastructure wise

Hypothetically, if they had struck Russia, it’s possible Mao’s war in China may have also failed as a side effect of that. It’s possible the world may have become more unipolar, although I suspect atomic secrets would have eventually been stolen by someone

Technology wise we might also have been worse off. With no Cold War, our computer and aerospace tech may have not been as much of a focus

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Technology wise we might also have been worse off. With no Cold War, our computer and aerospace tech may have not been as much of a focus
If this kills social media, I count that as a win.

• 1Truth!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, if Rome was given steam, railroad, metallurgy and other pre/early industrial tech they would subjugate the crap outta everyone for a hundred years. And then what?

And what if we give them not only the means to have an industrial revolution, but the information made during the information age? And what about the discoveries that happened the next 3 years?

I'd like to know.

My guess: nuclear holocaust within 400 years most of the time.

Rome would just have their own version of BLM

1684781555005.png

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Depending on the rules. With long life, equipment and regeneration I'd go back 2 millon years and just have fun. Usual rules, convince our leaders to back Germany in WW1 avoiding the mess with the other timeline. Boring rules, age regression and keep knowledge go back to when I was 5 and pretty much do similar stuff, just fixing some of the idiocy. Plan for today's world. Have interesting discussions with the smartest guy I ever knew.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Depending on the rules. With long life, equipment and regeneration I'd go back 2 millon years and just have fun. Usual rules, convince our leaders to back Germany in WW1 avoiding the mess with the other timeline. Boring rules, age regression and keep knowledge go back to when I was 5 and pretty much do similar stuff, just fixing some of the idiocy. Plan for today's world. Have interesting discussions with the smartest guy I ever knew.

So wait, Germany was willing to ally with us in WW1, until France scuppered it? Why'd France turn down a potential huge ally?

Under those circumstances it would be the US, England, and Germany vs Austria-Hungary? The England/Germany alliance of the 1930s probably holds under these circumstances and maybe WW2 is avoided entirely. ...or it happens 7 years later when Stalin tries to take over Europe in 1946 and is met by the combined German/English/French alliance. US would still be fighting Japan most likely (keeping us from helping Europe) but it wouldn't be a world war.

It's an interesting thought exercise that's for sure.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
So wait, Germany was willing to ally with us in WW1, until France scuppered it? Why'd France turn down a potential huge ally?

Under those circumstances it would be the US, England, and Germany vs Austria-Hungary? The England/Germany alliance of the 1930s probably holds under these circumstances and maybe WW2 is avoided entirely. ...or it happens 7 years later when Stalin tries to take over Europe in 1946 and is met by the combined German/English/French alliance. US would still be fighting Japan most likely (keeping us from helping Europe) but it wouldn't be a world war.

It's an interesting thought exercise that's for sure.
Now I'm going from memory and not bothering to look it up but if memory serves... We almost sided with Germany in WW1, there was a big push for it led by Lindberg's father and the rather large German communities here. At first he just wanted us to stay out of it, he was a senator at the time and his positions cost him dearly.

Last edited:

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm far more interested in seeing the future than the past, there will be massive technological change this century alone. See if we will travel to other stars or if we end up just plugged into life-like VR forever and progress grinds to a halt as we spend all of our time in a virtual pleasure paradise. Maybe see some unprecedented societal nightmares too as privacy disappears and medical advances make it possible to "fix" criminals.

AI image for futuristic pleasure paradise. Looks comfy.

1684831542856.jpeg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Maybe see some unprecedented societal nightmares too as privacy disappears and medical advances make it possible to "fix" criminals.
Would be interesting to introduce massive genetic treatment on a widespread scale, and then jump forward 100 years in the future to see the effect.

Ex: something that regulates or even broadly increases genetics for empathy like OXTR ( Oxytocin receptor - Wikipedia ), then seeing what that does to the prison population over the next several decades. I could definitely see a successful increase in empathy being bad for the species on several metrics like productivity and ingenuity. A little bit of sociopathy is what drives some of us to achieve.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would be careful with empathy. Toxic empathy is how we got things like feminism and cancel culture. Impulse control and the ability to process the concept of future consequences, on the other hand, would likely have the effect you are after. I am also curious to see what might have happened if Malcom X had become the long term icon of black civil rights instead of the whoremongering grifter MLK and his disciples. I bet things would have gone a lot better for everyone involved.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Well I feel kinda lame about what I would do but I'd really love to go back and watch some classic baseball games from the 1930s and '60s. I don't recall wtf they it was called or exactly how to describe them but back in the late 80s early 90s there was some kind of mini record player thing that would play these little 3-4" records that had play by play calls and other trivia/info (iirc) from ball games from the 30s and 60s. I was around 10 at the time and super into baseball. That era of baseball and its super stars had a mythical feeling to me which has stuck with me over the decades.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I am also curious to see what might have happened if Malcom X had become the long term icon of black civil rights instead of the whoremongering grifter MLK and his disciples.

Ehh?

The whole point of Critical Race Theory is a critique of the Civil Rights Era eg MLK-ism. The argument is that racial inequity still exists post civil rights, and that the gains of African-Americans had actually started to reverse because Racism is baked into the system.

Surely, Malcolm X surviving in place of MLK would have meant an even more militant form of "CRT" emerging

Last edited:

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Malcom X recognized that liberals were not the friend of the black community. He was not in it for the graft, which is exactly why the grafters ganked him.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd want to go back and see the big bang, or the origin of the universe as it were. Even if it were a one way trip, that'd be pretty fantastical.