Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

spronk

FPS noob
some tiny tina thing is free on PS+ too and has a platinum trophy, I assume its the campaign from BL2 (?) spun off into a seperate game but i installed it and mean to play, since I never played the DLC in BL2

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
some tiny tina thing is free on PS+ too and has a platinum trophy, I assume its the campaign from BL2 (?) spun off into a seperate game but i installed it and mean to play, since I never played the DLC in BL2
That DLC is awesome!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I played the ever living shit out of 1 and 2, but I did it coop with friends. Whenever I tried playing them alone it was dull. So I do think that these games are made much better if you have friends to play them with. That said, 2.5 killed it for us. I think it was the combination of jumping puzzles and timed oxygen mechanics that together just made it a hassle. I might get this, but only if people here say it's worth it, and if I have friends who will play it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
I played the ever living shit out of 1 and 2, but I did it coop with friends. Whenever I tried playing them alone it was dull. So I do think that these games are made much better if you have friends to play them with. That said, 2.5 killed it for us. I think it was the combination of jumping puzzles and timed oxygen mechanics that together just made it a hassle. I might get this, but only if people here say it's worth it, and if I have friends who will play it.
I don't think I even finished that space one.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Pre-Sequel was ok. The air mechanic was a pita unless you played as Claptrap.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
"Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands will ship on March 25 with full cross play for all platforms at launch, including PlayStation. Incredible work from the engineers at Gearbox Software with thanks to our partners at 2k Games and 1st parties, including Sony, for working together on this."

So good to see this and to see Sony willing to participate in the overall community. I have friends who exist in different gaming platforms and its always been a trial figuring out what platform to get a title in order to play with which person.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are there new classes in this?

One of the big disappointments with BL3 was you never had more than the starting 4 classes.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

6 Base classes + whatever multi classing stuff they're doing at launch.
Spellshot stabbomancer will be my first go around, wonder what they will name that in game. Spellshot for increased crit on everything then the stabbomancer for the summoned blades, should be able to get a bunch of those flying around. Plus spells are replacing nades and any build that made nades better in previous games was god tier.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd be impressed with the game if it wasn't reliant on Guns. A Borderlands like game that was Sword & Sorcery based would have been much better.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Looks solid, will pick it up when it is on sale.

I normally agree with SkillUp's take on games, but in his review he points out multiple bugs, janky mouse controls from being a console port, bad map/UI, etc all on top of an aging framework and it still gets a recommend? Either the gameplay REALLY makes up for it or something's fucky.

Oh, it's an Epic exclusive anyway. Solves that problem.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Eh, he said he generally like BL3 and this was just a better iteration of BL. About how I felt about BL3 - I liked it, mostly (I'm a tard' I guess) and so if this is a better take on the BL formula I will definitely be playing this over the weekend. My biggest issue with BL3 was the writing (horrendous) and they nerfed classes hard right at the beginning which pissed me off. I also thought the BL3 classes were the weakest yet - hearing the classes in this are better, gunplay is good and the writing is miles better than 3 means to me if you liked BL3 you'll probably like this. If you didn't, probably pass on this. I'll be jumping in and will post some thoughts.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I hate forking over money in advance for season pass content...but am on the fence if I should this time or not.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was moderately interested in this until I saw Epic Exclusive.

Nope nope nope.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
I normally agree with SkillUp's take on games, but in his review he points out multiple bugs, janky mouse controls from being a console port, bad map/UI, etc all on top of an aging framework and it still gets a recommend? Either the gameplay REALLY makes up for it or something's fucky.

Oh, it's an Epic exclusive anyway. Solves that problem.
Gameplay in Borderlands games is always great and usually makes up for it's shortcomings.

I'll get this on PS5 when it hits 30ish.