Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Eh, whatever. All publishers suck, and it's just a timed exclusive.
yeah i REALLY don't understand the outright hatred of epic. i mean it's one thing to be like, i don't like the storefront UI, or having my library being split up into a bunch of different platforms... but just outright boycotting epic has always felt irrational.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Does anyone else think the extra $20 is worth it or not? I don't know what their past season pass content has been like and in game cosmetics arent a big deal to me in a 1st person shooter.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
yeah i REALLY don't understand the outright hatred of epic. i mean it's one thing to be like, i don't like the storefront UI, or having my library being split up into a bunch of different platforms... but just outright boycotting epic has always felt irrational.
So, you decide you don't like their storefront UI, splitting up your library, their underhanded tactics, whatever. As a consumer, what are your choices to react to this other than deciding not to buy any of their products? Otherwise known as a boycott but without the negative connotation.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We've had this argument so many times, people are just extremely loyal to Steam and anything they might dislike about Epic or any negativity they've heard about Epic just reinforces their dislike for Epic. Its weird.

As for SkillUp's review, yea, its odd. There are so many things about the game that he disliked, yet he still recommends its... basically due to how the game looks and how it plays. I enjoyed BL2/BL3 enough that I'll go ahead and get this. I am curious how many hours of gameplay we'll get from it, probably less than base BL3 though.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So, you decide you don't like their storefront UI, splitting up your library, their underhanded tactics, whatever. As a consumer, what are your choices to react to this other than deciding not to buy any of their products? Otherwise known as a boycott but without the negative connotation.

I dunno, we applaud Sony and Microsoft for their exclusives, but PC publishers can't do the same? At the end of the day it's all your own money and you can do with it what you want, obviously. I have publishers I don't buy from, but it's mostly based on practices on how they treat employees. We all got our thing I guess. I don't get it, but I don't begrudge anyone either.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The few reviews I have seen compare this to Borderlands 3, which was okay but not great, instead of Borderlands 2, which was great, or even the Tiny Tina dlc for Borderlands 2 which, in my opinion, is one of the best dlc content packs ever released for a game. That, however, isn't saying much because most dlc feels like unconnected additional content that doesn't add anything to a game except more playable hours. The lack of that comparison to 2 or Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep leads me to believe it is vastly inferior to both and is probably only being seen as "good" because 3 was barely better than the pre-sequel and the pre-sequel and 3 both felt a step back from the first Borderlands game never mind the second.

Imma wait.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I dunno, we applaud Sony and Microsoft for their exclusives, but PC publishers can't do the same? At the end of the day it's all your own money and you can do with it what you want, obviously. I have publishers I don't buy from, but it's mostly based on practices on how they treat employees. We all got our thing I guess. I don't get it, but I don't begrudge anyone either.
I do not applaud console exclusives. Should I? Honest question, I haven't really given much thought to the positives of restricting customer access to games. There are many games I have not played simply because I'm not interested in buying a console for just a couple games. Or the PC ports get half assed. That's my hang up, though.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If anything you should have a problem with ole Randy "grab your tities and not pay you shit" Pitchford, but cool game so...
Jim Carrey Whatever GIF

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If anything you should have a problem with ole Randy "grab your tities and not pay you shit" Pitchford, but cool game so...
Jim Carrey Whatever GIF

For sure, to me thats a good reason. Pitchford is a gross human being, the same for a number of other executives across all publishers. That's why my original statement said they all suck lol.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, 100%. i didn't play borderlands 3 initially because of how awful randy pitchford is, and then all the mediocre reviews just reinstated my decision.

i don't know if storefront exclusivity for a PC game vs console exclusivity is a good argument though. if sony has exclusivity on a game, then i need to buy a ps5 to play that game. if epic has exclusivity, i don't need to buy a different PC. but whatever. like tarrant said, i don't understand it but i don't really have to, it's your money, not mine.

as far as the comparison to borderlands 3 goes, my guess is that it's just because that's the most fresh borderlands game. i mean borderlands 2 is 10 years old at this point.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
as far as the comparison to borderlands 3 goes, my guess is that it's just because that's the most fresh borderlands game. i mean borderlands 2 is 10 years old at this point.
Except this new game is being based off a DLC for that 10 year old game so comparing it to a game this one has very little to do with, 3, makes far less sense than comparing it to the one it is being based off of. It's not that I don't get why they would compare it to 3 but it does come across to me as shill-speak, it might be better than 3 but it sure as fuck doesn't compare to 2 or even the DLC it is based off of or else that would be the comparison they would be making to reel in older fans and get the hype building. It's just my opinion but I seriously doubt that the majority of people interested in playing this did not also play Borderlands 2 and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, this is an attempt to reinvigorate an ailing franchise by utilizing one of it's stand out moments so the lack of comparison to that stand-out moment is a little telling. Then again, that's just my opinion.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I loved BL1 and played the shit out of it, but BL2 turned me off from the series with total bullet sponge enemies. Didn't touch BL3 but I heard the writing was god-awful so I figured I didn't miss much. Was BL3 a big step back up in gameplay that's maintained here? Combined with the writing for Tiny Tina I could be convinced, but not at full price on Epic.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

No one would hate epic, EA Origin, or any other content delivery network if you were allowed to pass your licenses from one CDN to another. The fact is that competition is supposed to be a good thing for the consumer, but it's not. The competition benefits the DEVELOPERS in this case, not us. We get fucked.

Goonsquad Officer
I hate epic because i had 3 pre-orders on steam that went into this weird limbo state for a month or two because they went 'epic exclusive' and then DLC bacame the same state.

I hate exclusives in general. if something is gonna be playstation exclusive (really just console exclusive) i just don't play it. the EA store was enough of a retarded train wreck for me.

the epic store should sell keys and let you put them on steam. or they shouuld preferably just sell tehir shit on steam at a mark up. i'd pay the extra to not have the epic game store aids.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I have always played Borderlands as a member of the PC master race, but elected to go Xbox Series X for this given that there's the universal crossplay functionality. I'm not absolutely sure this was the best call, but my PC is showing its age and finding a damn video card is a pain....

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man BL2 was by far the best imo
Would be the same for me, but they ruined it with slag.

Hopefully this one is less than 60gb disk space, so worst case it will replace BL3 I downloaded from TPB appstore ~2.5 years ago and haven't even bothered to install.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Hopefully this one is less than 60gb disk space, so worst case it will replace BL3 I downloaded from TPB appstore ~2.5 years ago and haven't even bothered to install.
Its around 75gb.

Edit: Oops, looks like its only 40gb, unless there is some update after the download.

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

You cray. ;)

I'm annoyed they didn't do a preoad for PC with this.